The Chiefs. When Will They Learn.....?

Well,.....he WAS found behind the wheel, passed out asleep at a stop sign. BUYING alcohol is not illegal or against NFL rules. Doing that is both.

And as far as weed, I could care less if it's illegal in this state but not that one or even if it is legalized in every state. Makes no difference to me. But if a player gets caught and suspended, it's THEIR fault. They know it's against thee rules and they need to have the self control to not use it.

I think you’re confusing Floyd and Gordon. I may be wrong but I don’t recall a vehicle incident with Gordon.

As far as weed, we’ll agree to disagree. It’s well known ANY of these guys can go to trainers and get opioids as their vice, covered under a litany of veiled injuries. And we know the consequences, in sport and real life.

Give me one reason in this day and age why they should even be testing for marijuana.

I think you are missing the point.

Should Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill be allowed to play in the NFL or not?

Chiefs were pressured into cutting Hunt when the video came out. As soon as they cut him the Browns signed him. WTF? If he is allowed to play football, why couldn't the CHiefs keep him? They paid his signing bonus.

Tell me why there is no outrage over him playing for the Browns.

Why do you feel Hunt (or Hill) should be removed from the Chiefs but be allowed to play for any of he other 31 teams?

If the Chiefs feel that if they cut Hill he could be signed elsewhere, I don't blame them for not cutting him.

I just don't understand the logic. Why is it okay for Hunt to play for the Browns but not the CHiefs?

One of those things is not like the other.

Hill is guilty of abusing a 3 year-old and Hunt was guilty of abusing a drunken bimbo that most definitely appeared to be begging for trouble and got it.

To answer the question, Imo, Hunt should have been able to stay with KC after sitting out a year (maximum), but Hill should be immediately banned from the NFL for life.

So, maybe it will never be proven that he broke the kid's arm in a legal sense, but anybody with half a brain can figure this one out and he freely admitted to punching the kid in the chest as a behavior tool and that should be sufficient reason to prevent him from weaseling out of this one and ever cashing another NFL paycheck.

One of those things is not like the other.

Hill is guilty of abusing a 3 year-old and Hunt was guilty of abusing a drunken bimbo that most definitely appeared to be begging for trouble and got it.

To answer the question, Imo, Hunt should have been able to stay with KC after sitting out a year (maximum), but Hill should be immediately banned from the NFL for life.

So, maybe it will never be proven that he broke the kid's arm in a legal sense, but anybody with half a brain can figure this one out and he freely admitted to punching the kid in the chest as a behavior tool and that should be sufficient reason to prevent him from weaseling out of this one and ever cashing another NFL paycheck.

Agree.

I can’t understand how professionals in doctor settings can’t talk to a 3 year old and find out what happened.

I think you’re confusing Floyd and Gordon. I may be wrong but I don’t recall a vehicle incident with Gordon.

As far as weed, we’ll agree to disagree. It’s well known ANY of these guys can go to trainers and get opioids as their vice, covered under a litany of veiled injuries. And we know the consequences, in sport and real life.

Give me one reason in this day and age why they should even be testing for marijuana.

You're right. I was confusing the 2. :dom:

As far as weed, it's against the law. Most places. I don't personally care one way or the other. Not my thing. As long as it is illegal, they will test for it. Right or wrong.

And I agree on the opioids. Ridiculous.

The NFL pretty much tells you their priorities with all these cases, sweeping them under the rug or handing down negligible punishments. If people didn't create a fuss over these incidents, they wouldn't do much of anything to punish these guys.

A lot of people in society don't consider what these guys did to be a big deal. How many Ravens fans openly wore Ray Rice jerseys after the video of him knocking his then-girlfriend out cold came out?

Even more people defended Adrian Peterson for just 'disciplining' his kid, no biggie.

And now these latest abuses? A lot of people just shrug that a 3-year-old got his arm broken by his football player father. Hazards of life, kid. Man up! :rolleyes:

I don't know what can be done except keep the pressure on the NFL. These guys aren't role models, as Charles Barkley once said, but they should be employees who face the music for beating up women and children.

The NFL pretty much tells you their priorities with all these cases, sweeping them under the rug or handing down negligible punishments. If people didn't create a fuss over these incidents, they wouldn't do much of anything to punish these guys.

A lot of people in society don't consider what these guys did to be a big deal. How many Ravens fans openly wore Ray Rice jerseys after the video of him knocking his then-girlfriend out cold came out?

Even more people defended Adrian Peterson for just 'disciplining' his kid, no biggie.

And now these latest abuses? A lot of people just shrug that a 3-year-old got his arm broken by his football player father. Hazards of life, kid. Man up! :rolleyes:

I don't know what can be done except keep the pressure on the NFL. These guys aren't role models, as Charles Barkley once said, but they should be employees who face the music for beating up women and children.

A couple of posts ago I stated
Hunt was guilty of abusing a drunken bimbo that most definitely appeared to be begging for trouble and got it.

As a female, how do you feel about that? Have you seen the video in question?

I like to think that I have always respected women, but I made a distinction in that case, because that individual was an adult who chose to get drunk/combative and shouldn't have been shocked that she got punched in the face. In short, I don't believe people can do whatever the hell they want to do without consequence because of their plumbing no matter what that happens to be.

I'm not saying that Hunt was justified in smacking her but that I believe a year's suspension and losing a couple million in salary is an adequate deterrent because the "victim" was out of control and could have easily walked away.

You're right. I was confusing the 2. :dom:

As far as weed, it's against the law. Most places. I don't personally care one way or the other. Not my thing. As long as it is illegal, they will test for it. Right or wrong.

And I agree on the opioids. Ridiculous.

Its legality really is not why they test for it. Its the stigma. Pot is legal is a lot of places these guys play.

A couple of posts ago I stated

As a female, how do you feel about that? Have you seen the video in question?

I like to think that I have always respected women, but I made a distinction in that case, because that individual was an adult who chose to get drunk/combative and shouldn't have been shocked that she got punched in the face. In short, I don't believe people can do whatever the hell they want to do without consequence because of their plumbing no matter what that happens to be.

I'm not saying that Hunt was justified in smacking her but that I believe a year's suspension and losing a couple million in salary is an adequate deterrent because the "victim" was out of control and could have easily walked away.

Just want to point out, he didn't even smack her. He lightly pushed her, and lightly kicked her. If he had meant to cause damage, he would have. He obviously did not. He didn't even push her to the ground. He shoved someone else and that person managed to fall in a way that they toppled her. Not saying it was classy role model behavior or that he couldn't have walked away, especially if the reported context (she was there for him, the fight was over him wanting her to ahem make some of his friends happy) is true. Just saying, only one person in that video was throwing punches, and it was her.

Its legality really is not why they test for it. Its the stigma. Pot is legal is a lot of places these guys play.

Recreation use is legal for 8 teams (CA, WA, MA, CO).
Medical use us legal for another 17 teams.

And once the rest see that the states haven’t turned into the 4th level of hell they will follow suit for the administration fees, licensing fees, and taxation. You watch.

Just want to point out, he didn't even smack her. He lightly pushed her, and lightly kicked her. If he had meant to cause damage, he would have. He obviously did not. He didn't even push her to the ground. He shoved someone else and that person managed to fall in a way that they toppled her. Not saying it was classy role model behavior or that he couldn't have walked away, especially if the reported context (she was there for him, the fight was over him wanting her to ahem make some of his friends happy) is true. Just saying, only one person in that video was throwing punches, and it was her.

I think what we, as a society, have to do is to be able to view an incident for what it actually is instead of what it represents to some people, in this instance, as a symbol of male brutality against women.

It's a terribly sad thing that so many women have been abused, beaten, assaulted and worse by men. Women who did nothing to deserve that stuff in the slightest. I'm glad the tide is turning and men are being held accountable by the law, but we should not let the truth get trampled in the process of doing so.

Once I watched the Hunt tape all I could think of is that girl is a loud-mouthed, obnoxious bimbo and shouldn't serve as a symbol of anything except really bad judgement. Her interview where she portrayed herself, through tears and sniffles, as an innocent flower and a victim of male brutality was pathetic.

People that want to use her as a poster child really need to watch the tape and then move on to somebody that deserves the energy.

I think what we, as a society, have to do is to be able to view an incident for what it actually is instead of what it represents to some people, in this instance, as a symbol of male brutality against women.

It's a terribly sad thing that so many women have been abused, beaten, assaulted and worse by men. Women who did nothing to deserve that stuff in the slightest. I'm glad the tide is turning and men are being held accountable by the law, but we should not let the truth get trampled in the process of doing so.

Once I watched the Hunt tape all I could think of is that girl is a loud-mouthed, obnoxious bimbo and shouldn't serve as a symbol of anything except really bad judgement. Her interview where she portrayed herself, through tears and sniffles, as an innocent flower and a victim of male brutality was pathetic.

People that want to use her as a poster child really need to watch the tape and then move on to somebody that deserves the energy.

Is this sarcasm? Hunt put his hands on her first and had to be held back, unsuccessfully, by how many people?

MI also, but I think (?) the Lions are already included in your 8, are they not?

Edit: and PatriotinIndy, again no one is saying it's behavior to be emulated. But here are two videos of people who "can't be held back" and "brutalize" their target.

https://youtu.be/_8aKKEjIO2g

https://youtu.be/0eOacEsSFnI

You tell me if they are comparable or not. People have a hard time tackling Hunt, if he really wanted to break free and do some damage don't you think he could have done so? The kick, as much as it's not a forceful blow and is designed to show contempt not inflict damage, warrants the suspension. The lying about the events warrants the release. I'm just saying, people make it out to be a lot more than it was, and I'd include the characterization of "had to be held back, unsuccessfully" in that list. Do you disagree?

If I remember the Hunt situation correctly the victim was a young lady previously involved with the star. Seems he tired of her affections and wanted instead for her to pull the train for his posse.

I can see her getting a bit upset.

If I remember the Hunt situation correctly the victim was a young lady previously involved with the star. Seems he tired of her affections and wanted instead for her to pull the train for his posse.

That's how I recall it as well.

Some girls aren't classy and respectable...some are bitches and whores that are gold diggers. The predictive programming of the mass media mold them to be exactly that.

It's not difficult to grasp really...

I'm not saying that all of them are this way, but, many are.

There's more than one side to the story.

Some girls aren't classy and respectable...some are bitches and whores that are gold diggers. The predictive programming of the mass media mold them to be exactly that.

It's not difficult to grasp really...

I'm not saying that all of them are this way, but, many are.

There's more than one side to the story.

I’m gonna assume that’s a long and drawn out way of saying some are pigs and some aren’t.

Back