The Day of Reckoning. Two anti-Patriot reports, same day

Roberto71

Reaction score
One on OTL:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

And the other on SI.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/08/patriots-cheating-suspicions-bill-belichick-tom-brady?xid=si_social

Two reports. Lengthy exposes on the Patriots and their culture of cheating. All hearsay, half baked truths, all disgruntled coaches, owners, executives and ex Patriot employees.

No attempt by any of the authors to get the Patriot side of things like any decent reporter would do.

Both reports out on the same day Goodell finally speaks on ESPN.

Like the "leak" to ESPN about Tom destroying his phone the day Goodell released his judgement.

This league has gone way past being a joke now. It's a disgrace.

Two reports that are blatant hatchet jobs, both smearing the Patriots.

And maybe inadvertently, buried in the OTL piece, the truth. Deflategate punishment was directed by owners pressuring Goodell to go after Patriots as "makeup."

BB is so much in their heads, it's actually staggering. Read the SI piece and see the lengths teams now go when playing the Patriots. It's borderline hysteria.

The NE Patriots are the Bogeyman of the NFL. I love it.

And several teams contacted the Seahawks prior to the SB and warned them about the Pats? So the Hawks went into total lockdown and paranoia. And of course nothing was found...

Care to guess which teams contacted them?! Hmmmm.

"The Seahawks didn’t discover any covert operations. Most of the time New England’s opponents don’t."

MOST OF THE TIME?????

"The Seahawks didn’t discover any covert operations. Most of the time New England’s opponents don’t."

MOST OF THE TIME?????

The Pats should have a bucket of pacifiers- (a rubber or plastic device, often shaped into a nipple, for a baby to suck or bite on) .- available in the visiting locker room.

It's just infantlike behaviour at this stage.

The Seahawks trained in Tempe, on Arizona State’s outdoor practice fields, which left a large perimeter to secure. They worked hard to secure it. They hired extra guards and scanned any area nearby with a vantage point of the field. Security personnel monitored what locals call “A” Mountain, the 1,400-foot hill that towers above the university’s athletic complex. They combed the parking garage and parking lots between Sun Devil Stadium and the practice fields. And they checked around the boundary of the complex, where baseball and softball fields and various buildings provided clear views of Seattle’s Super Bowl drills. Several observers who have attended practices for other Super Bowls noted the unusual, Secret Service–like level of activity.

The Pats should have a bucket of pacifiers- (a rubber or plastic device, often shaped into a nipple, for a baby to suck or bite on) .- available in the visiting locker room.

I think fans should bring baby bottles, pacifiers and baby blankets to every home game and throw them at visiting teams and any visiting fan stupid enough to come into Gillette.

Hide the fact that the Owners are starting to get a little Pissed off at Roger and speaking out by dropping the bomb from your two mouth pieces.

typical douchewaffle move.

I'm so disgusted. This had the NFL's blessing all over it, which is why Roger agreed to do this show today. It's rampantly viral at this point, and I can't even look at the internet, listen to the radio, or turn on TV.

I haven't read the reports, just seen how twitter blew up this morning. Anyone who didn't think we're cheaters does now. It makes me sick.

Honestly, I love the Patriots, but I don't even know if I can watch anymore. The hatred has really taken all of the joy out of it for me.

More joy will be had as they all sit on their ass and see Bill hand the trophy to Tom and Kraft slams the podium claiming "We are all Patriots, you are all just bitter losers"

then does the degeneration X "suckit" arm X across his crotch in Rogers direction.

I'm so disgusted. This had the NFL's blessing all over it, which is why Roger agreed to do this show today. It's rampantly viral at this point, and I can't even look at the internet, listen to the radio, or turn on TV.

I haven't read the reports, just seen how twitter blew up this morning. Anyone who didn't think we're cheaters does now. It makes me sick.

Honestly, I love the Patriots, but I don't even know if I can watch anymore. The hatred has really taken all of the joy out of it for me.

I'm still happy about our 4th Lombardi trophy, and the Judge throwing out Goodell's ruling.

:)

BTW, I'll feel even better if the Pats get their 5th Lombardi this season.

:devil:

Those articles have "NFL" written all over them.

But take heart, SStradley has picked up again by picking on Goodell. I expect a full torture of RG by tomorrow

Stephanie Stradley ‏<s>@</s>StephStradley <small class="time"> 4h4 hours ago </small> "Fines don't work." -Goodell Why? They don't hurt fans and they give notice to all that something is actually important to league.
So Goodell thought McN & JJ were important to hear from? Then why didn't he call them? Was TB attys supposed to be mindreaders?
You're right, gtfo. RT <s>@</s>gtfo: the team was fined for not producing mcnally, but when given the chance on the record to intvw, nfl declined?
Goodell held it agst Brady that McN/JJ didn't talk to NFL YET AGAIN denying bad acts. But Goodell didn't ask for it.
Hey radio buds. If you want me to say exactly how Goodell was full of @#$% on <s>@</s>MikeandMike let me know. Hard to fit into one segment tho lol
Is there a transcript of Goodell on <s>@</s>MikeandMike? They sounded odd, will look worse on paper. Not advisable to answer qs w/pending appeal.

I'm waiting to hear a complaint that parity is suffering due to the Pats. Perhaps another reason for losing a 1st round draft pick needs to be engineered. Such as cleats are longer than regulation, or, the athletic supports aren't regulation - made in a Chinese sweatshop and aren't large enough for N. American males :devil:. Of course this won't happen until the end of the season. :thumb:

All of these cheating allegations just seem old to me (and for a lot of people, I'd imagine). It's so petty and so ridiculous that it's beyond comical for me. It's beyond comical because in lieu of all of the nonsense, the Patriots will continue to win, and to dominate the way they've had, regardless of who's catching or running the ball or playing defense. We'll continue to win games, adding to the collective outrage, continuing to make people angry and mad about our success.

You obviously want your team to win the SB every year but for me, I don't think I've ever clamored for a repeat more than this season. I can't think of a sweeter revenge than winning the SB, forcing Petty Roger to hand the trophy over to us yet again. Although the reason for Roger to miss the season opener has to do with some unrelated game that takes place 3 days afterwards, I wouldn't be surprised if Roger found some kind of bizarre way to exclude himself from those festivities, should they happen.

The national hatred of the team certainly hasn't caused me to become less passionate or want to not watch the games. Only more motivated and excited to see this team continue to win.

I wish it was the 1970.s all over again because there would be a lot of holes filled in the desert...

All of these cheating allegations just seem old to me (and for a lot of people, I'd imagine). It's so petty and so ridiculous that it's beyond comical for me. It's beyond comical because in lieu of all of the nonsense, the Patriots will continue to win, and to dominate the way they've had, regardless of who's catching or running the ball or playing defense. We'll continue to win games, adding to the collective outrage, continuing to make people angry and mad about our success.

You obviously want your team to win the SB every year but for me, I don't think I've ever clamored for a repeat more than this season. I can't think of a sweeter revenge than winning the SB, forcing Petty Roger to hand the trophy over to us yet again. Although the reason for Roger to miss the season opener has to do with some unrelated game that takes place 3 days afterwards, I wouldn't be surprised if Roger found some kind of bizarre way to exclude himself from those festivities, should they happen.

The national hatred of the team certainly hasn't caused me to become less passionate or want to not watch the games. Only more motivated and excited to see this team continue to win.
But as long as Kensil, Pash, and Godell are in Power they will throw out a new allegation and minimize our SB repeat. THe Last SB was suppose to be our FU to the haters, but Deflategate nullified that win, and allowed the haters to put another asterisk on our win... Its never going to stop until RObert Kraft starts suing people, and taking names.. This Passive aggressive waaaahh people are talking nonsense again transcripts are usless. I want legs broken and teeth removed...not literally, but you get the point..

I think the OTL report was a primer for Goodell getting stripped of his powers. He looks MUCH worse in it than the Pats.

Back