The Golf thread

I’m sitting here watching granddaughter no 1 take her first golf lesson.... Shes killing it.

~Dee~
Killing it in golf?
Let me tell you about killing it. Yesterday I was playing the 7th hole par 4. My second shot was just short of the green. So, as I was walking to my ball, I stepped in a hole that was covered by grass so it looked level.
I went flying, felt my left ankle give and my right knee. After I hit the ground, the guys that I was playing with tried to help me up but the pain was too great. Finally I rolled over got on my knees and was able to get up. Now my ankle is twice the size and my knee is slightly swollen. So, my golf is over for the foreseeable future, and I am pissed.
Ok, that is not killing it, but it's killing me sitting here with ice bags wondering how long it will be before I can play again.
Just had to get that off my chest.

Killing it in golf?
Let me tell you about killing it. Yesterday I was playing the 7th hole par 4. My second shot was just short of the green. So, as I was walking to my ball, I stepped in a hole that was covered by grass so it looked level.
I went flying, felt my left ankle give and my right knee. After I hit the ground, the guys that I was playing with tried to help me up but the pain was too great. Finally I rolled over got on my knees and was able to get up. Now my ankle is twice the size and my knee is slightly swollen. So, my golf is over for the foreseeable future, and I am pissed.
Ok, that is not killing it, but it's killing me sitting here with ice bags wondering how long it will be before I can play again.
Sorry to hear that that sucks...feel better

~Dee~

Killing it in golf?
Ugh. It is tough getting old. Hope it resolves itself quickly. You can still meet th buds for cocktails afterwards...

Ugh. It is tough getting old. Hope it resolves itself quickly. You can still meet th buds for cocktails afterwards...
I went down so hard and fast that the guys that I were playing with thought that I might have had a heart attack. I didn't look at the hole but one of the guys put his club in it and it was about 4 inches deep. But the grass growing out of it hid the hole and made it look as if the surface was level to the ground.
I reported it at the club house and they sent someone to put red flags around it. I suppose that I'm lucky that I didn't have bone sticking out of my ankle.
This is a very good course and very well maintained.

Killing it in golf?
Short chip birdie attempt. Did you not even squeeze one last shot out of yourself???? Wus?

do you have a version of this we can see in the states?
Because of my previous mentioned injuries, I saw it live and it was quite a tribute. Even Rory, who was teeing off on the 1st hole, within sight of the 18th green, tipped his cap to Tiger.

I’m still not sure why Tiger doesn’t ask for permission to ride a cart temporarily. Daly been doing it for a while since he has arthritis I both knees. There have been exemptions before. I mean I get it but ...

~Dee~

Never mind I got my answer Daly is on the senior tour and Casey Martin lost his lawsuit ....

Last edited:
I’m still not sure why Tiger doesn’t ask for permission to ride a cart temporarily. Daly been doing it for a while since he has arthritis I both knees. There have been exemptions before. I mean I get it but ...

~Dee~

Never mind I got my answer Daly is on the senior tour and Casey Martin lost his lawsuit ....
Crossed my mind as well, but I don't think Tiger would do it even if allowed.

Much respect for Tiger, but now I want them to get off the "Tiger Tiger Tiger" and focus on who is still playing.
I hope Tiger can play in The Masters, but for now I'd like to see them give it a rest. lot of good golf going on and I'm very interested to see how the rest of The Open plays out.
and since I've made Viktor Hovland my adopted golfer to follow (both of us are Norwegian, although I'm only part Norwegian) it adds an extra level of interest that he's tied for third.

Unlike other sports. I don't have any hatred towards any other golfers, so it's not a "Pats v. Steelers" or even a "Red Sox v. Yankees" thing. I'm cool with whoever plays the best and wins. I currently stink at golf so I really admire those that are actually really good at it :toast:

John Daly is freaking awesome. Most pro golfers treat their body like a temple. Daly looks like he had a six pack for breakfast, a six pack for lunch then a 24 pack for dinner and doesn’t care.

Attachments

• 33032D08-4A6C-4F09-B74B-A9368EAF5670.jpeg
    33032D08-4A6C-4F09-B74B-A9368EAF5670.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DB0B78AD-29F2-4430-A62E-60707B8A2762.jpeg
    DB0B78AD-29F2-4430-A62E-60707B8A2762.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 3

~Dee~

I just realized Tiger qualifies for the Senior Tour in 4 years.

John Daly is freaking awesome. Most pro golfers treat their body like a temple. Daly looks like he had a six pack for breakfast, a six pack for lunch then a 24 pack for dinner and doesn’t care.
I met him at the 2011 Masters. He was not invited to play and was hawking his goods from a massive motor home in the parking lot across the street from our hospitality house. He truly is WYSIWYG.

Stunk like cigs and was entertaining as all get out.

Last edited:
I met him at the 2011 Masters. He was not invited to play and was hawking his goods from a massive motor home in the parking lot across the street from our hospitality house. He truly is WYSIWYG.

Stunk like cigs and was entertaining as all get out.

I went out and played 9 holes tonight with one of my brothers and his buddies. On the drive over I asked Alexa to play "Hit it Hard" - one of Daly's better songs.

For those that don't know, John plays guitar and sings pretty well and his songs are llike his life: open, honest, talented and erratic. Also quite autobiographical. IF
somebody has never heard him then play and sing they might be surprised. I like the guy, but, yes, he's been a trainwreck too often and it's hard to watch somebody
determined to destroy themselves and piss away their talent to the extent he has.

Anyhow....

View: https://youtu.be/DsALMcgeqV4

I just realized Tiger qualifies for the Senior Tour in 4 years.
3 I think I thought he turns 47 this year but yes he qualifies in the next couple of years.

~Dee~

Last edited:
Very competitive leaderboard at the British Open right now. I don't expect Hoveland to be the leader when the day is donel

Back