Posted by
u/LuckyBob046

5 hours ago

Gold
Helpful
Wholesome
Silver
Hugz

The Bucs perfectly captured the spirit of Tampa by their feature player being a middle aged man who spent his career in the northeast and then moved to Florida to retire​

numbers should never be retired imo
Why it's the ultimate form of respect for that players accomplishment & legacy. They're only 7 patriots that been given that honor
20 (Gino Cappelletti), 40 (Mike Haynes), 57 (Steve Nelson), 73 (John Hannah), 78 (Bruce Armstrong), 79 (Jim Lee Hunt) and 89 (Bob Dee)

i was gonna say...he and bb are pretty good friends. i like andy.
Plus Bill is like Michael Corleone. He'll write your ass off in a second. When the Pats & KC play those two always have a big hug & what looks to be kind words for each other after the game. If you're an enemy of BB he ain't going be out there hugging it out with you. Not a chance.

Fuck Bruce Arians.
It’s that simple.
I want Brady to win over Mahomes, but I don’t want AB or Gronk to get rings. Fuck them too.

So, it’s not an easy call. I think I’ll be happier for the Bucs than the Chiefs, but if it wasn’t for Brady, this would be a perfect Meteorite Game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I want the Bucs to win, for 3 reasons:
1) I like Brady owning the record books wholesale, why not add some gravy to his incomparable resume and have him finish with a .70% winrate in the SB rather than a .60?
2) If the Bucs win, it's 7 rings for Brady vs 1 for Mahomes with him at 1-1 in the SB. Whereas if Mahomes wins it's 2 for him vs 6 for Brady, he keeps pace with Brady's early success, and the endless "Mahomes is the real GOAT" bleating gets much louder.
3) The last team to repeat was the Pats, I'd like it to stay that way as long as possible. I'm not ready or willing to hand over the title of the most recent dynasty to the Chiefs, and if they repeat, they'll get that crown on all media circuits on repeat whereas if they're one and done they're the most recent Seahawks instead, which seems about right for them, right down to the arc I'd like to see the team follow (continually failing to make it back while their team gets worse and worse until their star QB can't cover their deficiencies any longer)

I originally liked the Chiefs, during their rise, especially when Alex Smith was on there, felt like the 'island of broken toys', a bunch of castoffs from other organizations finding a way to win. Now that they have the newly anointed golden child of the NFL, it's a hard pass from me. I don't actually have anything against Mahomes either, I enjoy watching him play, he's a great player and has done and said nothing which has indicated to me that he's a terrible person. But he's the next Manning / Rodgers, where the media just can't wait to give him credit for the accomplishments he surely WILL do in the future, he's just so great and what an incredible once in a lifetime talent, there's no limit to the number of rings he'll get, and on and on and on. 🤮

i'm with you on #3.
i hear you on media. comfort yourself with the fact the media thinks people like eli manning should be in the h.o.f. and they vote on it.

I hope the Chiefs knock Brady's dick in the dirt.

I had my doubts until he refused to say the name "Patriots" (twice) in an NFL network interview. That is the team that we all follow, I might remind people.

20 fucking years, 6 rings and he's waaaaayyy more bitter than I am. He's a jackass and I don't care about the rest of it that much. Other people can choose
to worship him if they like, but I can't stand him.

I understand the hate you feel for Arians. But don't jump off the pier. Calling yourself a Chiefs fan is something that will haunt you the rest of your life. You could just set yourself on fire just before kickoff, it may be less painful.

1.jpg

I had my doubts until he refused to say the name "Patriots" (twice) in an NFL network interview. That is the team that we all follow, I might remind people.

20 fucking years, 6 rings and he's waaaaayyy more bitter than I am. He's a jackass and I don't care about the rest of it that much. Other people can choose
I've heard that claim on multiple occasions, haven't seen anything like that personally, got a link?

Edit:
Seriously , this needs to be rehashed?

Gronk, who retired and then only came out of retirement to force a trade so that he could be with his binky?
Yeah, fuck that guy.
Many Patriot fans feel the same way.

The way I hear it, he was told he was being traded to the Lions, said "You can't trade me, I retire", then came out of retirement when he felt he could get a destination of his choosing and play with his QB. Which BTW would make Gronk the 3rd HOFer at minimum who would rather never play football again than play for the Lions.

Either way he wasn't playing on the Pats anymore so what would it matter whether he accepts the trade to the Lions or forces a trade to the Bucs? Fuck that guy because he doesn't want to play for the Lions? Hey you do you but from my perspective he's one of the best TEs in NFL history, helped us win 3 SBs, and had so much character and personality he brought to the team that Belichick and Kraft kept the dent he put in the SB trophy. To me that means more than his choice of destination after he was no longer wanted on the team, but I respect everyone's going to feel different ways about things.

Last edited:
Look, many of us were not happy with Tom's last season and what we saw. He was not the player we remember at his peak. He had changed, not just physically, there has been an undoubted decline due to age, but also his attitude changed. Now there's nothing wrong with a person changing, we all do it as grow older, but it left a bad taste in the mouth with Tom's change. Andy Hart discussed it on a show yesterday, that he is actually supporting the Chiefs as he did not like the sulky Brady, the missing OTAs etc from last season. There are many fans like that, it's just a fact.

For my own part, I didn't proclaim him suddenly a useless player, a Peyton Manning noodle-arm player barely hanging on. While he has declined in his play from his peak which is normal, he was always going to still be a very good QB. Tom Brady at age 43, 15% off his peak is still going to be one of the best QBs in the league.

A dynamic is also at play here which is fuelled by the media, that Bill forced Tom out and now they're revelling in the Pats not making the playoffs and Tom doing well, just another chance to stick the boot into Bill. It's a made-up story as Bill did not force him out, it was a decision Tom ultimately made and as Tom's dad said, it was the right decision for both parties.

But this invented Tom v Bill story has also fuelled some of the disquiet I think from some Pats fans to Brady.

Now, I will be supporting the Bucs in the SB. I don't like the Chiefs, their fans etc. And another ring for Tom is another surge in his GOATness that will piss off the likes of Montana, Mannings fans etc. And he'll have a good return to the Patriots when his number is retired and is in the Pats HOF.

I want the Bucs to win, for 3 reasons:
1) I like Brady owning the record books wholesale, why not add some gravy to his incomparable resume and have him finish with a .70% winrate in the SB rather than a .60?
2) If the Bucs win, it's 7 rings for Brady vs 1 for Mahomes with him at 1-1 in the SB. Whereas if Mahomes wins it's 2 for him vs 6 for Brady, he keeps pace with Brady's early success, and the endless "Mahomes is the real GOAT" bleating gets much louder.
3) The last team to repeat was the Pats, I'd like it to stay that way as long as possible. I'm not ready or willing to hand over the title of the most recent dynasty to the Chiefs, and if they repeat, they'll get that crown on all media circuits on repeat whereas if they're one and done they're the most recent Seahawks instead, which seems about right for them, right down to the arc I'd like to see the team follow (continually failing to make it back while their team gets worse and worse until their star QB can't cover their deficiencies any longer)

I originally liked the Chiefs, during their rise, especially when Alex Smith was on there, felt like the 'island of broken toys', a bunch of castoffs from other organizations finding a way to win. Now that they have the newly anointed golden child of the NFL, it's a hard pass from me. I don't actually have anything against Mahomes either, I enjoy watching him play, he's a great player and has done and said nothing which has indicated to me that he's a terrible person. But he's the next Manning / Rodgers, where the media just can't wait to give him credit for the accomplishments he surely WILL do in the future, he's just so great and what an incredible once in a lifetime talent, there's no limit to the number of rings he'll get, and on and on and on. 🤮

Look, many of us were not happy with Tom's last season and what we saw. He was not the player we remember at his peak. He had changed, not just physically, there has been an undoubted decline due to age, but also his attitude changed. Now there's nothing wrong with a person changing, we all do it as grow older, but it left a bad taste in the mouth with Tom's change. Andy Hart discussed it on a show yesterday, that he is actually supporting the Chiefs as he did not like the sulky Brady, the missing OTAs etc from last season. There are many fans like that, it's just a fact.

For my own part, I didn't proclaim him suddenly a useless player, a Peyton Manning noodle-arm player barely hanging on. While he has declined in his play from his peak which is normal, he was always going to still be a very good QB. Tom Brady at age 43, 15% off his peak is still going to be one of the best QBs in the league.

A dynamic is also at play here which is fuelled by the media, that Bill forced Tom out and now they're revelling in the Pats not making the playoffs and Tom doing well, just another chance to stick the boot into Bill. It's a made-up story as Bill did not force him out, it was a decision Tom ultimately made and as Tom's dad said, it was the right decision for both parties.

But this invented Tom v Bill story has also fuelled some of the disquiet I think from some Pats fans to Brady.

Now, I will be supporting the Bucs in the SB. I don't like the Chiefs, their fans etc. And another ring for Tom is another surge in his GOATness that will piss off the likes of Montana, Mannings fans etc. And he'll have a good return to the Patriots when his number is retired and is in the Pats HOF.

I'm neutral in the outcome of this SB. Frankly, I'd rather see the game cancelled.

I understand the sentiments expressed above so I can see it both ways. But then again, I'm not conflicted about it at all. I'm not FOR either team; I'm AGAINST BOTH.
I don't like either team for so many reasons already hashed and rehashed again and again. For me it's a game with great players who should provide great entertainment with heroics to appreciate from an individual talent pov.

My greatest joy, however, will come from coaching and individual failures.

What can I say? When I don't like a team I enjoy seeing it struggle and I don't like either of these upstart teams.
Neither team has earned the accolades thrown at them. Mahomes is the goat? Ridiculous. He's a great player but he hasn't earned that. So every sack, every interception, every missed FG and missed 4th down attempt is a chance to celebrate. "C'mon, Man!" For me this may as well be the Steelers vs the Ravens. Who doesn't love Tomlin's game management gaffes or Harbaugh crying & being told to study the rule book? That's truly memorable!

The outcome means nothing to me.
My team can't win but I sure as hell can't lose and I'll enjoy a lot of laughs along the way.

very funny GIF

I've heard that claim on multiple occasions, haven't seen anything like that personally, got a link?

Edit:

The way I hear it, he was told he was being traded to the Lions, said "You can't trade me, I retire", then came out of retirement when he felt he could get a destination of his choosing and play with his QB. Which BTW would make Gronk the 3rd HOFer at minimum who would rather never play football again than play for the Lions.

Either way he wasn't playing on the Pats anymore so what would it matter whether he accepts the trade to the Lions or forces a trade to the Bucs? Fuck that guy because he doesn't want to play for the Lions? Hey you do you but from my perspective he's one of the best TEs in NFL history, helped us win 3 SBs, and had so much character and personality he brought to the team that Belichick and Kraft kept the dent he put in the SB trophy. To me that means more than his choice of destination after he was no longer wanted on the team, but I respect everyone's going to feel different ways about things.

Uh, false.
The Lions trade would have happened in 2018.

So no, you’re wrong. He didn’t retire to avoid that.

If there is an issue with Gronk it's that by delaying his announcement of retiring, it nixed our chances of getting Jared Cook to replace him at TE. It was a serious loss for us not getting Cook as we saw last season. Gronk could have and should have made that decision earlier.

Fuck Bruce Arians.
It’s that simple.
I want Brady to win over Mahomes, but I don’t want AB or Gronk to get rings. Fuck them too.

So, it’s not an easy call. I think I’ll be happier for the Bucs than the Chiefs, but if it wasn’t for Brady, this would be a perfect Meteorite Game.

Add Suh to that list for me.

If there is an issue with Gronk it's that by delaying his announcement of retiring, it nixed our chances of getting Jared Cook to replace him at TE. It was a serious loss for us not getting Cook as we saw last season. Gronk could have and should have made that decision earlier.

Good point.

Were the Pats that serious about getting Cook? If they were, I am not sure why Gronk retiring or not retiring would have played into the equation. We needed to replace him as he was a shell of himself in 2018 and also needed another TE on top so I don't see why his decision would have affected the Pats if they really wanted Cook.

Back