The narrative has changed

He had the cap and Kraft had some cash so BB taught the NFL how to rebuild a team using free agency.
He did it before in 2000 or 2001 but not to the same extent as 10 months ago. This was a paradigm shift by BB.
It was wild for us fans. People were dumbfounded. I mean people big in the sports writing field were dumbfounded.
Some, like Nick Wright, criticized him for it but the smarter ones recognized the brilliance of what he pulled off.
4 years to rebuild a team? Nope, let's do it in 2 and show the other GMs how they've been doing it wrong all this time.
Oh, and btw, eff everyone of you GMs, too.

He had the cap and Kraft had some cash so BB taught the NFL how to rebuild a team using free agency.
He did it before in 2000 or 2001 but not to the same extent as 10 months ago. This was a paradigm shift by BB.
It was wild for us fans. People were dumbfounded. I mean people big in the sports writing field were dumbfounded.
Some, like Nick Wright, criticized him for it but the smarter ones recognized the brilliance of what he pulled off.
4 years to rebuild a team? Nope, let's do it in 2 and show the other GMs how they've been doing it wrong all this time.
And this year when he tweaks the roster and gets those second level Ninks and Van Noys, he will be pilloried for that too. I believe he has his base and a solid draft and capable FA will get us deep into the playoffs and possibly even win the division again.

He still overpaid for Agholor, Smith, Mills, and Bourne. :coffee:

it's like classic cars...cheaper if you do the work yourself, but add the hours of labor it takes you to build them plus the fact you don't seem to have much luck with selecting ones with solid frames and it might be a better use of your time to pay a little more and buy them already made. or just needing finishing touches.

it's like classic cars...cheaper if you do the work yourself, but add the hours of labor it takes you to build them plus the fact you don't seem to have much luck with selecting ones with solid frames and it might be a better use of your time to pay a little more and buy them already made. or just needing finishing touches.
He could have left Mills and Agholor for some other team(s), paid Smith and Bourne a lot less.

Judon and Henry would have probably got paid similarly by other teams, so, I get why he paid them for their deals.

It doesn't matter either way though. It is what it is now. :coffee:

He could have left Mills and Agholor for some other team(s), paid Smith and Bourne a lot less.

Judon and Henry would have probably got paid similarly by other teams, so, I get why he paid them for their deals.

It doesn't matter either way though. It is what it is now. :coffee:
The Bourne deal is going to be a steal by the end of it.

they had cam newton as the projected starter at the time they signed them. of course you are going to have to pay extra to get pass catchers to risk having cam as their qb.
Anyone smart enough would know that BB was going to address the QB situation sooner or later, so that's negligible. I'm sure that the overpaid players aren't complaining about their overstuffed bank account's though.

TBD. I don't think he did for Bourne, and maybe not for Mills, who was not playing his intended role, but just filling in. I'd be terribly unsurprised to find that any or all three of the offensive players take a big step forward in their second year in the system, with the QB, and as the QB himself develops his efficiency and comfort in the league.

Anyone smart enough would know that BB was going to address the QB situation sooner or later, so that's negligible. I'm sure that the overpaid players aren't complaining about their overstuffed bank account's though.
Yeah. I agree with all your posts in this thread. Feels like a lifetime achievement award to me. Bill blew his wad with the $165 mil and missed on many of those guys and had a good draft but not spectacular. I mean Jones was sitting right there at 15. Not to mention the awful Gilmore trade which I guess they just glossed over. I would have thought the Rams GM would have gotten it for Stafford, Miller and OBJ or the Packers GM given how he remade that defense.

Still though a nice feather in Bill's cap late in his career.

Last edited:
Back