NATIONAL CHAMPION.
Reaction score
v. Bears
v. Broncos
@Colts
v. Lions
@Packers
@Chargers

This defines our season. We essentially have 3 wins at the back end if we are who we think we are, so these next six games are going to tell a lot about this team.

Let's opine on this stretch and best/worst case scenarios. I think that 4-2 gets you to 12-4 and likely a bye. Anything less and it's tough sailing.

Win the 3 home games and 1 of the 3 on the road and we should be fine.

Chargers game will be close. Packers game could go either way I feel, but would give the edge to the Packers right this minute.
I feel like we should play the Colts pretty close too.

I think they need to, somewhere in that stretch, string together a 4 game winning streak. You're going to have to do it in the playoffs (if you're a wilcard but that's neither here nor there) if you want to win the Super Bowl. You don't get to go 3-1 or 2-1 in the playoffs and call it a good postseason

I'd be very happy with no serious injuries & 3-3 coming out of that gauntlet. 4-2 may be a bit of a reach unless the defense comes around real fast and the injured O linemen come back and stay back.

SD has a brutal schedule coming up. Denver plays tonight and again Thurs night vs SD who lost to KC today. Denver has the most to lose and SD has the most to gain & we know what happened earlier this year. P.Rivers brought a QBR of >120 for 5 consecutive games going into today's loss vs KC (and I don't think he reached that level today). I'm looking forward to Thurs. night.

Baltimore has a far easier schedule than we do and they're playing very well now. They have Cin, Pitt, Tenn, NO, SD, Miami, Jax, Houston and Cleveland left to play.

Indy plays Pitt, NYG, NE, JAX, Wash, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas, Tenn. I see only 3 teams on that list who could realistically beat Indy. The Colts are playing better than we are now.

Frankly, a bye looks to be wishful thinking to me unless Flacco becomes Flacco soon.

I'd be very happy with no serious injuries & 3-3 coming out of that gauntlet. 4-2 may be a bit of a reach unless the defense comes around real fast and the injured O linemen come back and stay back.

SD has a brutal schedule coming up. Denver plays tonight and again Thurs night vs SD who lost to KC today. Denver has the most to lose and SD has the most to gain & we know what happened earlier this year. P.Rivers brought a QBR of >120 for 5 consecutive games going into today's loss vs KC (and I don't think he reached that level today). I'm looking forward to Thurs. night.

Baltimore has a far easier schedule than we do and they're playing very well now. They have Cin, Pitt, Tenn, NO, SD, Miami, Jax, Houston and Cleveland left to play.

Indy plays Pitt, NYG, NE, JAX, Wash, Cleveland, Houston, Dallas, Tenn. I see only 3 teams on that list who could realistically beat Indy. The Colts are playing better than we are now.

Frankly, a bye looks to be wishful thinking to me unless Flacco becomes Flacco soon.

No injuries I agree with, but right now I'd be completely shocked if we lost a home game to either Chicago or Detroit. Neither of these teams should be able to compete at Gillette. That leaves you with Denver, @Indy, @GB, @SD. Getting two of those is reasonable if you're truly a contender, no?

No injuries I agree with, but right now I'd be completely shocked if we lost a home game to either Chicago or Detroit. Neither of these teams should be able to compete at Gillette. That leaves you with Denver, @Indy, @GB, @SD. Getting two of those is reasonable if you're truly a contender, no?

True, but Denver, Indy and GB will favorites to win and SD will be close to a push. Indy is playing very well, Denver is beginning to play up to their rep and GB has been on fire recently. Let's say we beat SD, which 1 of the other 3 do we have the best chance to win in your opinion? Normally I'd say GB but it's away. Denver? Not unless Siliga, Stork and Connolly are back, Wright has carved a niche and our WR rotation is settled. Indy? Luck is the only QB of the 3 that BB may be able to confuse. I'll go with Indy and SD.

v. Bears
v. Broncos
@Colts
v. Lions
@Packers
@Chargers

This defines our season. We essentially have 3 wins at the back end if we are who we think we are, so these next six games are going to tell a lot about this team.

Let's opine on this stretch and best/worst case scenarios. I think that 4-2 gets you to 12-4 and likely a bye. Anything less and it's tough sailing.

W, L, W, W, L, W then win out. #newhat

I think we're still in the process of figuring out who we are.

We aren't as bad as KC, but probably not as good as Cincy.

I've come to be concerned about opponents ability to pound the ball at our front 7 and if that's germane to the discussion then the rushing rankings for the next six based on current stats are:

Bears - 23rd
Broncos - 29th
Colts - 7th
Lions - 28th
Packers - 20th
Chargers - 26th

I believe it is a stretch like this one that BB had in mind when he got Revis and went more mobile in the front 7.

Not to say these teams can't run the ball if they want (except SD) but they all are built behind the QB and WRs.

Is Revis worth the money? So far, no, but if he wants to really be the best or one of the best this is his chance against some of the best WRs and QBs the league has to offer and I believe as he goes we go.

This is where we find out if Belichick's master plan can work.

I'm optimistic, but we won't sweep the table.

v. Bears
v. Broncos
@Colts
v. Lions
@Packers
@Chargers

Bears and Lions will be wins. Losing either would be a disaster.
Broncos will be tough, but Peyton in Foxboro....
@ Colts I'd put at 50/50
@Packers and @ Chargers would be the two toughest of that six.

I'll go with 3-3 in this stretch.

If we don't go 6-0 during this stretch I will eat my own face.

In the form of a cupcake

True, but Denver, Indy and GB will favorites to win and SD will be close to a push. Indy is playing very well, Denver is beginning to play up to their rep and GB has been on fire recently. Let's say we beat SD, which 1 of the other 3 do we have the best chance to win in your opinion? Normally I'd say GB but it's away. Denver? Not unless Siliga, Stork and Connolly are back, Wright has carved a niche and our WR rotation is settled. Indy? Luck is the only QB of the 3 that BB may be able to confuse. I'll go with Indy and SD.

My gut says that either GB or Indy will be a game we come out and dominate. I'm leaning toward GB. I'm no so concerned about it being a road game. Frankly, I think SD is the most likely loss of the 6. If I were to rank the games based on probability of winning, I'd say:

Detroit
Chicago
@Green Bay
@Indy
Denver
@San Diego

Not sure Detroit is a gimme, that defense is legit and that front line could wreck havoc on our offensive line. Still think we win but I doubt it will be a blowout. Also, I'm actually not too worried about GB, Nelson and Cobb can be neutralized by our secondary, Rodgers will make a couple spectacular plays as he always does but as long as we don't turn it over I expect our offense to completely light up their defense.

Not sure Detroit is a gimme, that defense is legit and that front line could wreck havoc on our offensive line. Still think we win but I doubt it will be a blowout. Also, I'm actually not too worried about GB, Nelson and Cobb can be neutralized by our secondary, Rodgers will make a couple spectacular plays as he always does but as long as we don't turn it over I expect our offense to completely light up their defense.

Bills have a stout front (Pats roll), Bengals have a stout front (Pats roll), Jets have a stout front (Pats win). Rinse, repeat.

I really can't think beyond this week's game. It's really scary to think of Peyton and the Bronco's.

Did you hear what they were saying last night? I just thought of Peyton and the Bronco's wile typing this and got scared. Remember what they did to us last year?

I'm going to stick t thinking about the Bears until after 4 this Sunday, then I'm going to need to find a happy place.

Back