The NFL Draft, 2022

Agree, and all we've heard about from the local media geniuses for the last 3 months is how the "brain drain" of people leaving was going to send this franchise back to the stone age. They don't know shit.

Front office now is light years ahead compared to the last decade of 3 stooges from John Carroll post-Reese. Can't fix low IQ decision-making; hard work only goes so far. The strong 2021 draft with Groh and Wolf heavily involved is only a taste of what we can come to expect, imo.

Front office now is light years ahead compared to the last decade of 3 stooges from John Carroll post-Reese. Can't fix low IQ decision-making; hard work only goes so far. The strong 2021 draft with Groh and Wolf heavily involved is only a taste of what we can come to expect, imo.

It's not like it was difficult to find the players. I mocked at least 3 or 4 of them last year. Why do people think that this hard?

That video was tremendous. I knew the names of some of those people, but getting a chance to listen to them explaining a little bit of what they do was really interesting.

Every single guy that spoke impressed me.

What I wouldn't give to get a chance to do shots with Camren Williams, get him good and loose and have him tell me about the Patriots Draft Board with plenty of
detail. I would kill to know who we really love and will be targeting starting in about 48 hours.

Questions I would ask:

1. What do you consider the biggest need to fill in this draft? Please don't tell me it's all about the best player available because if we draft a TE and a RB with
our top two picks, I might do something drastic.

2. Will the Patriots be looking for a different type of player than we might expect in this draft based on any sort of philosophical/scheme changes planned for the coming
seasons?

3. Do you think Christian Watson is the real deal? Will he be able to become a top level NFL WR or is he basically Cordarelle Patterson?

4. Do you think you could throw a dart at the IOL group and hit a name that would be better than James Ferentz by opening day?

5. Have you ever pounded the table for a prospect? If so, who?

6. What do you think about an adult dropping good money on draft magazines?

7. Have you ever heard the term "draft binkie"?

8. Would you like to do another shot?

9. Why would anybody spend a top ten pick on Charles Cross? The guy couldn't handle a speed to power move from a cheerleader.

10. Complete this joke..........Kayvon Thibodeau, Icky Okwenu and the world's tallest midget walk into a bar.........

I'll quit there, but I could've gone on for a while. I want to hang out with Camren Williams (Director College Scouting).

Good ones, Hawg! I read it 5 mins ago and I'm still chuckling at questions 4 and 6.

But there's truth in question 3 - the answer for me lies in the interview with Watson...IQ, motivation, will to succeed, etc., with IQ being of upmost importance.
Watson is my 6th WR for the Pats, right before Alec Pierce at 7. They are very similar players.
Both have tremendous upside for a team that is willing and able to develop them for a year.
I think Watson needs more refinement than Pierce with route running, using his body and focus on the ball. The good news is that all are ez fixes for a WR coach but it takes time for improvement to show up consistently on the field. Old habits die slowly.

I'd like to hang with any of them, to be honest, but Camren Williams does seem to have a little extra charisma and wattage in the bulb.
I love Groh's disheveled appearance - mussed hair and wrinkled shirt. Shows he's focused which is reminiscent of Ernie and BB himself. When Groh switches to sweat shirts we'll
know the transformation is complete to football 24/7. He'll be there by day 3.

Ok, I'm finished screwing around with this.
1. Do not trade up, let the draft come to you.
2. If Lloyd or McDuffie are there at 21 take either one. If Williams falls down to 21, take him.
3. If none of the above players are there at 21, try to trade down.
4. Under no circumstances take Pickens or Davis from GA. Both players have multiple red flags. Pickens very immature, has a bad attitude, and will not take hard coaching. Big talent but is poison.. Davis has had domestic violence and questions about how dedicated he will be once he gets 1st round money.

Who in peoples opinion will be the most overdrafted. I do not know about other fan bases but if they are like ours, I think it may be Matt Araiza. I think he could go in the 4th round.

That video was tremendous. I knew the names of some of those people, but getting a chance to listen to them explaining a little bit of what they do was really interesting.

Every single guy that spoke impressed me.

What I wouldn't give to get a chance to do shots with Camren Williams, get him good and loose and have him tell me about the Patriots Draft Board with plenty of
detail. I would kill to know who we really love and will be targeting starting in about 48 hours.

Questions I would ask:

1. What do you consider the biggest need to fill in this draft? Please don't tell me it's all about the best player available because if we draft a TE and a RB with
our top two picks, I might do something drastic.

2. Will the Patriots be looking for a different type of player than we might expect in this draft based on any sort of philosophical/scheme changes planned for the coming
seasons?

3. Do you think Christian Watson is the real deal? Will he be able to become a top level NFL WR or is he basically Cordarelle Patterson?

4. Do you think you could throw a dart at the IOL group and hit a name that would be better than James Ferentz by opening day?

5. Have you ever pounded the table for a prospect? If so, who?

6. What do you think about an adult dropping good money on draft magazines?

7. Have you ever heard the term "draft binkie"?

8. Would you like to do another shot?

9. Why would anybody spend a top ten pick on Charles Cross? The guy couldn't handle a speed to power move from a cheerleader.

10. Complete this joke..........Kayvon Thibodeau, Icky Okwenu and the world's tallest midget walk into a bar.........

I'll quit there, but I could've gone on for a while. I want to hang out with Camren Williams (Director College Scouting).

#6, 7, and 8 cracked me up.

Who in peoples opinion will be the most overdrafted. I do not know about other fan bases but if they are like ours, I think it may be Matt Araiza. I think he could go in the 4th round.

Why do you hate the Punt God? I'd love to have him here, because punting is boring and he makes it a show. 4th round is extreme, but he could be worth it. We spent a
5th on Jake and he might have been our MVP in 2020. He's possibly the best candidate to handle KOs, FGs and punting in quite a while. What's a roster spot worth to Bill?

Bottom line: We've pissed away a ton of second-rounders, so I'm not that worried about spending a 4th to get a guy that would allow Bill to add a 15th Safety to the roster.

:insane:

To answer the question:

I keep seeing Bernard Raimann mocked as a 1st rounder and I believe he'd be a pretty good mid-round developmental guy. Great athlete. He gets flat-out whipped wayyyyy too much
to be anywhere near the 1st round. Trevor Penning is similar. He's not all that good and he's going to intimidate exactly zero NFL edge players, although I'm not sure about
D. Wise Jr. When you see Penning against the better opponents he's just grabbing and lunging out of control.

Ekwonu and Neal are the only legit 1st-round OTs in this draft.

Ok, I'm finished screwing around with this.
1. Do not trade up, let the draft come to you.
2. If Lloyd or McDuffie are there at 21 take either one. If Williams falls down to 21, take him.
3. If none of the above players are there at 21, try to trade down.
4. Under no circumstances take Pickens or Davis from GA. Both players have multiple red flags. Pickens very immature, has a bad attitude, and will not take hard coaching. Big talent but is poison.. Davis has had domestic violence and questions about how dedicated he will be once he gets 1st round money.
Interesting concerning the off the field issues. Have heard very little about that subject this year as if the powers that be put the clamps down on the subject.
The only off the field negative I have heard is about Boye Made and that's it. All that was said was that he had some issues.

Some Mike Lombardi bits,
In 2014 draft, we brought in Johny Manziel and Jimmy Garoppolo on the same day and turned the pressure on on both players to see who could handle the pressure of working under Brady, and Jimmy won.

Bill Walsh said that the when you are building a team the last piece of that puzzle is wide receiver.

Interesting concerning the off the field issues. Have heard very little about that subject this year as if the powers that be put the clamps down on the subject.
The only off the field negative I have heard is about Boye Made and that's it. All that was said was that he had some issues.
These are things that I read and heard just a day ago. I'm sure that the teams know these things. The other player is Derion Kendrick.He was dismissed from the Clemson program and then tried to transfer to GA. He's a 1st round talent and some team will take a flyer on him in the later rounds.
I wouldn't be surprised if Pete Carroll takes Pickens. He's done it before with a couple of players.

Some Mike Lombardi bits,
In 2014 draft, we brought in Johny Manziel and Jimmy Garoppolo on the same day and turned the pressure on on both players to see who could handle the pressure of working under Brady, and Jimmy won.

Bill Walsh said that the when you are building a team the last piece of that puzzle is wide receiver.
Jimmy is such an enigma.

BB's draft history for OL
He's only taken 2 in the first round since 2010.

FRW_fKhWUAEcNfy

Nakobe Dean is basically the same size as Kyle Dugger

FRWjzp8XIAIlNFj

Why do you hate the Punt God? I'd love to have him here, because punting is boring and he makes it a show. 4th round is extreme, but he could be worth it. We spent a
5th on Jake and he might have been our MVP in 2020. He's possibly the best candidate to handle KOs, FGs and punting in quite a while. What's a roster spot worth to Bill?

Bottom line: We've pissed away a ton of second-rounders, so I'm not that worried about spending a 4th to get a guy that would allow Bill to add a 15th Safety to the roster.

:insane:

To answer the question:

I keep seeing Bernard Raimann mocked as a 1st rounder and I believe he'd be a pretty good mid-round developmental guy. Great athlete. He gets flat-out whipped wayyyyy too much
to be anywhere near the 1st round. Trevor Penning is similar. He's not all that good and he's going to intimidate exactly zero NFL edge players, although I'm not sure about
D. Wise Jr. When you see Penning against the better opponents he's just grabbing and lunging out of control.

Ekwonu and Neal are the only legit 1st-round OTs in this draft.
I want BB to draft Araiza. I just think that some other team will overdraft him to beat BB to the punch. I will trust you on your O line thoughts. I don't know who or how many but as a position CB will be overdrafted.

Back