The NFL Draft, 2022

To me, Jones doesn't seem to play like a small guy at all. He looks pretty solid and his change of direction skills are crazy. He's lightning quick. I read somewhere
that some scouts agree that he's the best kick and punt returner to come into the league since Devin Hester. So, he's got that going and is one of the most versatile
players in 'this draft along with being the best playmaker in this draft. That's a lot. Sign me up for wanting him in Foxboro and if it cost us our 1st I wouldn't complain much.

This is one of the better highlight films you'll see. Jones is a phenomenal talent. Check out the one of him stripping the ball away from Cincy's Pierce in the end zone. Pierce
is about 6' 3".

View: https://youtu.be/i5Uym5Vw57k

Ellis Hobbs like?

To me, Jones doesn't seem to play like a small guy at all. He looks pretty solid and his change of direction skills are crazy. He's lightning quick. I read somewhere
that some scouts agree that he's the best kick and punt returner to come into the league since Devin Hester. So, he's got that going and is one of the most versatile
players in 'this draft along with being the best playmaker in this draft. That's a lot. Sign me up for wanting him in Foxboro and if it cost us our 1st I wouldn't complain much.

This is one of the better highlight films you'll see. Jones is a phenomenal talent. Check out the one of him stripping the ball away from Cincy's Pierce in the end zone. Pierce
is about 6' 3".

Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing.

If other teams sleep on Jones (likely due to his size) and the Pats are able to scoop him up in the 2nd or 3rd, and use the 1st on a stud DL or ILB, all the better. But I don't mind picking him a bit "early" (relative to other teams' evals) to ensure they acquire someone who is likely to be an extraordinarily good player.

is about 6' 3".

Simply amazing. Love to have him.

Seems like a KC earlier than expected pick.

What is his 40?

We could use Jones as a return guy. Personally, I'd also try him in the Slot on offense and watch him work. Not kidding. Electric if it works.
BB has plenty of past experiences with undersized CBs - Wilhite & Wheatley - and Jones is shorter than both. Jones' arms are only 29". I'm not for him playing at CB except for spot duty against short & quick receivers. So many other needs and good players available to fill them in the 3rd-4th rounds though.

For better or worse, Bill often has conflicting opinions with the draft gurus on who can play or when they should be selected. In this Draft there are numbers of day 1&2 prospects at DB and LB, at least, and Bill would probably be willing to move back for the right deal. Most experts agree that 2022 day 2 picks are in the sweet spot so Bill might have more company than usual looking to back out of the 1st.

Recent rumors have Nakobe Dean dropping into range of our 2nd rounder, so if he's our target then we should have a shot at him. The one thing few of us want to see is trading 21 for
a one next year (and some spare change) unless it's with Seattle which has Drew Lock and Geno Smith at QB and one of the worst rosters in the league. That, I could live with, I suppose, because
they are likely to be near the bottom, but it would still suck for now. The Seahawks appear to be tanking for a top 2023 QB, but you never know. They might like Matt Corral, for instance, and
come knocking.
I like Dean, but this LB class is so deep I think you can find his level of talent all the way into rounds 3 or 4.

Be Honest, if BB trades out of the 1st round just before the Pats pick are you going to be a bit bummed - even if you like the trade - because that means pats won't be picking a player on day 1?
I'll be watching and while I find it interesting what other teams are doing, I would really like to see pats make a pick thursday night.
I'll get over it if they get a good/great deal trading the pick, but still.
Before the draft became what it is now a bunch of friends and I would rent a hotel room, Drink some beer ,Play some Cards, Smoke some cigars
and watch the draft. We all had our opinions on who the Pats were going to take as we'de studied up for months before the draft.
Anticipation would build as the Pats were on the clock, Goodell would strut to the podium only to announce the Pats had traded down.
Calming ourselves we waited for round 2.
As our pick approached in round 2, Anticipation once again was through the roof only to hear the Pats had traded down again.
Now horror had set in , What are they doing ?, They're not going to pick anybody !
By the time the Pats round 3 pick had finally come around Goodell strutted to the podium to announce with the xxx# pick the New England Patriots
select xyz out of zyx, such and such was on the clock.
A silence came over the room , and All I could think back to was butch cassidy and the sundance kid, who is this guy (Who are these guys)
That player would become a very good player and a part of championship teams, Proving after all our studying.
I would say BB has forgotten more football than we'll ever know, Except he can seemingly remember about a football play that happened
30-40 years ago. IN BB WE TRUST

We could use Jones as a return guy. Personally, I'd also try him in the Slot on offense and watch him work. Not kidding. Electric if it works.
BB has plenty of past experiences with undersized CBs - Wilhite & Wheatley - and Jones is shorter than both. Jones' arms are only 29". I'm not for him playing at CB except for spot duty against short & quick receivers. So many other needs and good players available to fill them in the 3rd-4th rounds though.

I thought about W&W and Scott Pioli's alleged fetish for short corners (he figured they had better 3-conesque skills), but the film on Jones is light years
better in every way, nevermind the crazy returns, etc. For lack of a more technical term, Jones doesn't play small. I don't know what his vertical is,
but it's gotta be big. I like the way he attacks the ball.

I'll see your Wheatley and Wilhite and raise you a Darrell (HOF) Green. Same exact size, similar return skills.

Athletically, he reminds me very much of a defensive Tyreek Hill. He runs like Sonic the Hedgehog. Maybe he isn't a full-time NFL boundary corner, but I'm pretty
sure that Bill could find a way to use that dynamic level of talent. Possibly in all three phases.

I'm not saying we should spend 21 on him, just that I'd love to see him here somehow and see incredible talent in him. Talent that could be overlooked because he's
missing one thing.

I want to say "WOW" over this Pats draft and he's one of the wow players available.

Early attempt at who might be available when the Pats pick assuming no trade down.
Trying to be at least semi realistic

Likely- Christian Watson, Kenyon Green ,Andrew Booth JR, Devonte Wyatt
Possibly Still Available- Devin Lloyd, Nakobe Dean, Daxton Hill

Likely- Daniel Faalele, Nick Cross, Troy Anderson, Chad Muma
Possible Still Available- John Metchie, Roger McCeary, Quay Walker, Sky Moore, George Pickens

Likely- Amaro Barno, Brian Asamoah, Josh Jobe, Josh Paschal, Marcus Jones

I thought about W&W and Scott Pioli's alleged fetish for short corners (he figured they had better 3-conesque skills), but the film on Jones is light years
better in every way, nevermind the crazy returns, etc. For lack of a more technical term, Jones doesn't play small. I don't know what his vertical is,
but it's gotta be big. I like the way he attacks the ball.

I'll see your Wheatley and Wilhite and raise you a Darrell (HOF) Green. Same exact size, similar return skills.

Athletically, he reminds me very much of a defensive Tyreek Hill. He runs like Sonic the Hedgehog. Maybe he isn't a full-time NFL boundary corner, but I'm pretty
sure that Bill could find a way to use that dynamic level of talent. Possibly in all three phases.

I'm not saying we should spend 21 on him, just that I'd love to see him here somehow and see incredible talent in him. Talent that could be overlooked because he's
missing one thing.

I want to say "WOW" over this Pats draft and he's one of the wow players available.

Slot Receiver. He'd be the bomb.

Did you have to hack the system in order to get the Vikings to take Harry and actually give us a third round pick for that honor? :ROFLMAO:
No. I had a 13% chance for 12 with 21 and 85, so I just tried to throw in Harry and they bit.
Edit: And by the by, the Pats should try to throw Harry into any trade they make.:D

This video was so great. Thanks for sharing. Love this new front office.

It's clear they are highly intelligent, work hard, open and collaborative, analytical, and also constantly forward looking. Haven't felt as good about a NE front office in a decade. This feels like the level of sophistication as when Pioli/Adams/Dimitroff were here or the Floyd Reese home-run draft years a decade ago (which produced around 4 future GMs on that Patriots staff).

Looking at this video I feel a similar vibe, I see easily 4+ future GM true talents on this staff right now, in my opinion.

That video was tremendous. I knew the names of some of those people, but getting a chance to listen to them explaining a little bit of what they do was really interesting.

Every single guy that spoke impressed me.

What I wouldn't give to get a chance to do shots with Camren Williams, get him good and loose and have him tell me about the Patriots Draft Board with plenty of
detail. I would kill to know who we really love and will be targeting starting in about 48 hours.

Questions I would ask:

1. What do you consider the biggest need to fill in this draft? Please don't tell me it's all about the best player available because if we draft a TE and a RB with
our top two picks, I might do something drastic.

2. Will the Patriots be looking for a different type of player than we might expect in this draft based on any sort of philosophical/scheme changes planned for the coming
seasons?

3. Do you think Christian Watson is the real deal? Will he be able to become a top level NFL WR or is he basically Cordarelle Patterson?

4. Do you think you could throw a dart at the IOL group and hit a name that would be better than James Ferentz by opening day?

5. Have you ever pounded the table for a prospect? If so, who?

6. What do you think about an adult dropping good money on draft magazines?

7. Have you ever heard the term "draft binkie"?

8. Would you like to do another shot?

9. Why would anybody spend a top ten pick on Charles Cross? The guy couldn't handle a speed to power move from a cheerleader.

10. Complete this joke..........Kayvon Thibodeau, Icky Okwenu and the world's tallest midget walk into a bar.........

I'll quit there, but I could've gone on for a while. I want to hang out with Camren Williams (Director College Scouting).

This video was so great. Thanks for sharing. Love this new front office.

It's clear they are highly intelligent, work hard, open and collaborative, analytical, and also constantly forward looking. Haven't felt as good about a NE front office in a decade. This feels like the level of sophistication as when Pioli/Adams/Dimitroff were here or the Floyd Reese home-run draft years a decade ago (which produced around 4 future GMs on that Patriots staff).

Looking at this video I feel a similar vibe, I see easily 4+ future GM true talents on this staff right now, in my opinion.

Agree, and all we've heard about from the local media geniuses for the last 3 months is how the "brain drain" of people leaving was going to send this franchise back to the stone age. They don't know shit.

That video was tremendous. I knew the names of some of those people, but getting a chance to listen to them explaining a little bit of what they do was really interesting.

Every single guy that spoke impressed me.

What I wouldn't give to get a chance to do shots with Camren Williams, get him good and loose and have him tell me about the Patriots Draft Board with plenty of
detail. I would kill to know who we really love and will be targeting starting in about 48 hours.

Questions I would ask:

1. What do you consider the biggest need to fill in this draft? Please don't tell me it's all about the best player available because if we draft a TE and a RB with
our top two picks, I might do something drastic.

2. Will the Patriots be looking for a different type of player than we might expect in this draft based on any sort of philosophical/scheme changes planned for the coming
seasons?

3. Do you think Christian Watson is the real deal? Will he be able to become a top level NFL WR or is he basically Cordarelle Patterson?

4. Do you think you could throw a dart at the IOL group and hit a name that would be better than James Ferentz by opening day?

5. Have you ever pounded the table for a prospect? If so, who?

6. What do you think about an adult dropping good money on draft magazines?

7. Have you ever heard the term "draft binkie"?

8. Would you like to do another shot?

9. Why would anybody spend a top ten pick on Charles Cross? The guy couldn't handle a speed to power move from a cheerleader.

10. Complete this joke..........Kayvon Thibodeau, Icky Okwenu and the world's tallest midget walk into a bar.........

I'll quit there, but I could've gone on for a while. I want to hang out with Camren Williams (Director College Scouting).
10. Complete this joke..........Kayvon Thibodeau, Icky Okwenu and the world's tallest midget walk into a bar.......with a honeycomb and a jackass.
If you watched game of thrones you'll get it.lol

Back