The NFL Draft, 2022

anyone who could say the pats run d doesn't need MASSIVE improvement IS a blind homer...😁
The Bill blind Homer's think this was a fantastic draft, they love that every pick was a massive reach and anyone that dares question
Bill is a troll, and not a real Patriots fan. I say fuck them and their blind loyalty.

Probably wasn't over-drafted by 2 or 3 rounds, Strange had pre-draft visits with: Tampa (pick 33) Minnesota (pick 34) Seattle (40, 41), had multiple meeting with the Jets (pick 38) and met twice with Chicago (pick 39). Now that might have just been a "let's do our homework on this guy as we may end up facing him at some point" - but the reality is, is that other teams were likely sniffing around Strange and there was a good chance that he doesn't make it to 54.

Teams will always value players differently from the so-called "consensus" and the Patriots are probably one team where their deviation from said consensus is by a fairly large margin.

If he goes 33 to Tampa, is he still over-drafted, or is it a "solid pick to bolster the offensive line protecting Tom Brady/future Tampa QB"
i feel a little better after reading this. (y)

What is things Jets fans say after the draft, for 500 Alex.
How many years have the Jets "won the draft" and dumped on the Patriots draft, only to have their season be as shifty as the one before? Seems like an annual event.

McVay on his reaction...

View attachment 10481
LOL, and you want believe that so badly its comical.
How many years have the Jets "won the draft" and dumped on the Patriots draft, only to have their season be as shifty as the one before? Seems like an annual event.
Of course, what I'm saying is that the blind faith that in this particular draft is Jet fan like. We didn't reach on one player, but literally every pick. By all accounts and traditional draft wisdom, we left more talented players on the board every single round.

LOL, and you want believe that so badly its comical.
Are you just looking to pick fights with anyone? For fuck's sake, it was what McVay as said, and I posted it here as a news worthy item, without even any editorial comment, and you take that as me 'wanting to believe' something.

You need to chill out. Have a dissenting opinion on the topic, but leave your opinions of other posters unposted.

I'm getting real tired of people being nasty.

Are you just looking to pick fights with anyone? For fuck's sake, it was what McVay as said, and I posted it here as a news worthy item, without even any editorial comment, and you take that as me 'wanting to believe' something.

You need to chill out. Have a dissenting opinion on the topic, but leave your opinions of other posters unposted.

I'm getting real tired of people being nasty.
Not trying to start fights, I'm just reallly pissed the way this draft turned out. We all know Bill marches to a different tune when it comes to the draft but I've never seen it this outside the box before. Like I said previously, no one will be more happy to be proven wrong than me, but the way I see it we have a worse roster than the Jets now.

So, what you're saying here, basically, is that this draft was strange, wasn't strong, we didn't keep up with the Joneses and we're going to be Chasen the pack and end up getting zapped. That about right?

It all seems pretty depressing. I might have to go out and Tyquan one on.

Funny as hell but a whole lot of truth, too. Your inner George Carlin is showing.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Not trying to start fights, I'm just reallly pissed the way this draft turned out. We all know Bill marches to a different tune when it comes to the draft but I've never seen it this outside the box before. Like I said previously, no one will be more happy to be proven wrong than me, but the way I see it we have a worse roster than the Jets now.
Well, stop taking your anger out on other members.

Projections are meaningless for drafts. All the draft grades that are coming out now are meaningless. So called draft gurus know nothing.

No one will know how this draft was until at least 3 years from now. It's the same with every draft.

It's not worth being so emotional about now. It's just a part of building the team.

I will be honest I was more excited about last year Draft . This was another Classic BB draft . Picking who he likes regardless of media , You face , my face & instant face experts . They're are a few intresting Picks Thompson, Marcus Jones & Pierre Strong. I just surpised he didn't address the need at LB.

Last edited:

Projections are meaningless for drafts. All the draft grades that are coming out now are meaningless. So called draft gurus know nothing.

No one will know how this draft was until at least 3 years from now. It's the same with every draft.

It's not worth being so emotional about now. It's just a part of building the team.

Shamelessly stole this from Reddit, but here is what fansided said after the 2014 draft

ngtry7x7frw81.jpg

FWIW that Silas Redd was out the league by the end of 2016, tore his ACL/MCL in the first preseason game of 2015, was suspended twice, once for PEDs and once for Substance Abuse

Note that fansided also graded the N'Keal Harry pick as an A.

It is far too early to give an accurate assessment before any of those drafted have even played a single snap.

But you do it over and over again. The draft did not go the way many of us had hoped. Many of us questioned the picks. However we didn't throw tantums.
We voiced displeasure and moved on without calling others "blind homers" repeatedly.

Fair

Fair enough, I just can't help feel like we wasted this entire draft on reaches and left better players on the board. If that's how it turns out, we will be last in the division.

We gotta take what we can get. The last couple years really have felt different tho. We seem to have a legit GM who’s done a great job of improving the talent on this team. Now it’s up to the coaching staff and Zach Wilson to translate that into wins.

Fair

Fair enough, I just can't help feel like we wasted this entire draft on reaches and left better players on the board. If that's how it turns out, we will be last in the division.
Thats fair No one wants to see a repeat of 2019 Draft. It was only Harris & Bailey as productive players. Unless we see a improvement this season . The 2020 class will also be considered a Bad draft .

Last edited:
We gotta take what we can get. The last couple years really have felt different tho. We seem to have a legit GM who’s done a great job of improving the talent on this team. Now it’s up to the coaching staff and Zach Wilson to translate that into wins.

Yeah, I have taken some shots at Wilson here and there, but at least he has talent that can be harnessed. He wasn't ready to play in the show last year and that was pretty evident, but
any Patriots fan who isn't taking the Jets seriously based on the past is kidding themselves.

I think you had a great draft. Not just big names, but big names that I think will deliver. Smart choices, not just popular ones. You got better.

Back