The NFL Draft, 2022

As far as I can tell the Pats have met with every WR at the Combine.

Last edited:
BB will want to trade 21 for extra picks more than likely so he gets more picks a wee bit later in the draft.
The 2nd and 3rd rounds will give great value.
But...a real 1st round WR worthy of the 1st round moniker would be very much appreciated by me.

BB will want to trade 21 for extra picks more than likely so he gets more picks a wee bit later in the draft.
But...a real 1st round WR worthy of the 1st round moniker would be very much appreciated by me.

I'm fully expecting BB to trade down due to the depth of players. The ideal scenario would be to trade down and draft a WR that slipped out of the 1st and gets picked in the middle of the second.

Williams had 15 TD catches in 2021. His average TD catch was over 47 yds.

View: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1487142037900173319

"He just ran by everyone".....

Sometimes it's like that. You can choose to look at what the stopwatch tells you (although not with Jameson due to the knee) but sometimes
you just keep seeing a guy that other folks can't keep up with. The classic example is Jerry Rice who ran a 4.6 but I never saw anybody keep up
with him on the field.

This is what I see in Christian Watson. I keep hearing he's got "build-up" speed as if that is a perjorative, but when I watch him
I see a guy that just eats up the turf. He might need some work, but when a guy gets that open then there is something there.

There are a lot of good prospects this year from what I can see and we'll likely have a few to add to the mix by late April.

Pitt QB Kenny Pickett's hand size was measured as 8 and 1/2" today.

No QB with hands that small has been drafted as a QB from what I can find in the Combine era.
9" has been the minimum up til now. Burrow was measured with 9" hands.
Any team interested will have to do their homework on him by watching his ability to throw and his ball security in bad weather.
Interestingly, he wears 2 gloves on his throwing hand.

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1499417714351353859

Last edited:
I'm fully expecting BB to trade down due to the depth of players. The ideal scenario would be to trade down and draft a WR that slipped out of the 1st and gets picked in the middle of the second.
I do too. There are some very good players at LB, WR, CB, and OT that should be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He may be able to trade down in the 1st get Burks and 2nd or 3rd.

There is an Alabama WR that is intriguing to me. Slade Bolden, 5-11 195 lbs and he tries to emulate Julian Edelman, Jules is his favorite player. He is also probably going in 7th round or undrafted. O'Brien used him like he use to use Welker and Edelman. He's versatile, used as a QB in some formations, he's good in the slot, he is solid on special teams as well he was also Macs roommate in College so there is definitely a comfort and familiarity. And if he does in the 7th or undrafted, he is a very low risk high reward type.

Last edited:
Unless there is a guy like Jordan Davis still available at 21, I tend to agree.

Back