The Official Pats/Denver Game Thread

I dunno, why do fans get upset when the opposing team expects to win or is confident coming into a game?
They don't. Not at all. It results in good conversation, and after a few awkward/rough moments results in new friends. You can't short circuit the process by going from "My team is better than your team" directly to Kumbaya. There is a feeling out stage first, a getting to know each other, the new guys getting the feeling and tone of the site he is visiting and the home field guys adapting to a different tone and voice.

The question I think you mean to ask is why do fans get upset when opposing team fans visit another team's site and act like jerks and post mostly stupid or insulting crap just to rile up the forums. And the answer is that no one likes an obnoxious jerk.

It isn't just here. If you go to the Orange Mane or JI or any other team forums, you see the same thing. Pats fans (and other fans) go there and act like jerks, trolling the fan base. I don't blame them for getting upset. Guys like BSPolice come here not to talk football, but as he says, to straighten out our thinking and make us see how wrong we are.

Did he hold a presser for this comment? Or was it a response to a question by the media? What was the question?
Say it every opportunity. The "He was just answering a media question" excuse is lame for what ought to be obvious reasons.

Talib was at it again saying they don't fear Brady at all etc. I'm sure they don't but why go out of your way to say it to the media?

Please, of course they fear Brady. All you have to do is look at all their sub packages designed to defend the pass. That is mad respect and fear for the GOAT. They did the same thing last year but we did not have the run game to take advantage. This year we did and we dominated as a result. Again Brady's best plays were hand-offs to a RB playing in his third game since tearing his ACL. Does not say much for the vaunted Denver D at all.

Let them talk, who cares. They were beat in all 3 phases on Sunday

Now they have to go to a pissed of KC coming off a loss. They should be focused on that instead but whatever. We'll see what type of "Champions" they are going forward. I wouldn't count them out yet but they're running out of time

Full game, condensed:

<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wK3UqjkAPmZk0wVHhocTRWSmM/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

Full game, condensed:

<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-wK3UqjkAPmZk0wVHhocTRWSmM/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

Listening to Jim Nantz get progressively more depressed as the game goes on, is very satisfying. :coffee:

If it was the Colts they would hang a banner that says "Held Brady to 188 yards on Dec. 18."

Speaking of the Colts if they hang a banner that says "Beat the Raiders on Christmas Eve", I'm ok with it.

Speaking of the Colts if they hang a banner that says "Beat the Raiders on Chridtmss Eve", I'm ok with it.

Part of me wonders if the Colts throw the game knowing that it would help the Pats get the 1 seed. I mean they only have a 1 percent chance of making the post-season if they win out. The hate is deep in corn country.

Part of me wonders if the Colts throw the game knowing that it would help the Pats get the 1 seed. I mean they only have a 1 percent chance of making the post-season if they win out. The hate is deep in corn country.

They do have a history of losing in December for strategic reasons.

Didn't they almost hit the miracle scenario last year (like it came down to the MNF game or something)?

Didn't they almost hit the miracle scenario last year (like it came down to the MNF game or something)?

I think they got eliminated in week 16 when Houston beat them. To make it this year, they have to have both Tenn and Houston lose this weekend. Tenn is playing Jax so good luck with that and Houston is playing Cincy. Then they need Tenn to beat Houston in week 17 and of course they have to win out as well.

Of course their Christmas present this year is knowing both Pags and Grigs are coming back. 'tis the season. lol.

Listening to Jim Nantz get progressively more depressed as the game goes on, is very satisfying. :coffee:

He certainly got excited every time the Broncos completed a pass in the 4th qtr! Impartial? NOT!

We get treated to Dan Fouts' bias Saturday and that's much worse imo.

He certainly got excited every time the Broncos completed a pass in the 4th qtr! Impartial? NOT!

We get treated to Dan Fouts' bias Saturday and that's much worse imo.

Fouts is actually enjoyable, I see it like we are watching two different games and he is keeping me informed of the other one.

I liked how Simms was washing Semen's balls until he threw that pick.

Back