The Official Pats/Denver Game Thread

So the "Cover 2" scheme autodeletes receivers now? If he defensed passes to you when he was covering you and you got 0 receptions, he shut you down.

kthxbye
#LoveWhenWrsWhoCouldHavePlayedForThePatsAndChosePoorlyGetSalty
#TwoWeeksInARowIncludingMrIceUpSon

Admittedly (and unrelated) "Better Ice Up, Son" is one of the funniest pieces of trash talk ever caught on audio.

So the "Cover 2" scheme autodeletes receivers now? If he defensed passes to you when he was covering you and you got 0 receptions, he shut you down.

kthxbye
#LoveWhenWrsWhoCouldHavePlayedForThePatsAndChosePoorlyGetSalty
#TwoWeeksInARowIncludingMrIceUpSon

I love how SALTY the Denver players are after that beat down. LOL. Sanders was non-existent while Thomas was busy getting pummeled by McCourty.

I love how SALTY the Denver players are after that beat down. LOL. Sanders was non-existent while Thomas was busy getting pummeled by McCourty.

Is there a softer WR in the league than Demaryius Thomas? And he's making top-of-the-market money.

Is there a softer WR in the league than Demaryius Thomas? And he's making top-of-the-market money.

Aaron Dobson comes to mind but I'm too lazy to see if he's still playing. :coffee:

edit: he's not so that leaves DThomas all alone for the honor.

Talib was at it again saying they don't fear Brady at all etc. I'm sure they don't but why go out of your way to say it to the media?

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Bennett and co love them some Edelman!

Bennett couldn't have made it more clear how much he respects the 5-foot-10 spark plug.

"I mean Julian brings it every single week," Bennett said. "We know what we're getting out of him. He's never backed down from a fight. He knows that we'll always have his back. That's Julian.

"When I see Julian Edelman, I just see Julian Edelman. A lot of times when you see a small white guy, you want to call him Wes Welker or something like that. But that's Julian being Julian. So, he's making a name for himself. So, the next small white guy comes in he's going to be called the 'Julian Edelman' of the NFL. He's been doing a great job."

Bennett sees someone who embodies what the Patriots are all about, someone who won't back down.

"I love playing with him," Bennett said. "He's a guy that you want to go to battle with every single week. He just brings it every single week."

Bennett also trusts Edelman not to cross the line, like in the fourth quarter when T.J. Ward flexed his muscles to the Patriots sideline after a big hit on Edelman. Ward took a 15-yard penalty but Edelman started to get in Ward's face. It didn't escalate to offsetting penalties on a clock-killing drive because the Patriots had Edelman's back and stepped in.

"I just thought, 'idiot,'" Bennett said of Ward, "but in that situation Julian doesn't want to back down so we just have to take care of our own and make sure that we don't get an off-setting penalty because that's a big play for us in that period of time. We were smart about it."

"We're never going to do something stupid but we're never going to back down to somebody that tries to get up in our face or something like that," added Chris Hogan. "That's the type of team we are and we're going to be behind him 100 percent. I'm pretty sure the whole team is probably right there behind him. We've got each other's backs."

Hogan told me that, in no uncertain terms, Edelman leads the Patriots receiving corps. Sunday was just another example.

"He's the leader of our room," Hogan said. "I thought he played amazing today. It was one of those games where was making some tough catches and getting hit a lot. Every single week, he makes plays, man. We look for him to make plays because he's a big part of our offense. He just does it every single week. I just think he's a great receiver."

Talib was at it again saying they don't fear Brady at all etc. I'm sure they don't but why go out of your way to say it to the media?

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Bennett and co love them some Edelman!

Did he hold a presser for this comment? Or was it a response to a question by the media? What was the question?

Did he hold a presser for this comment? Or was it a response to a question by the media? What was the question?

Sometimes its best to just shut up no matter hat the media asks you. You just had your shit pushed in, it might be time to rethink your tactics. Saying things like Butler didnt shut me down, we are not afraid of Brady, or my Favorited, e dominated them, maybe that should not be something to be said where everyone can see ho stupid you are.

I hate that whole "fearing other teams/players" stuff (like with the Ravens and the Pats). Well shit, I thought grown men just sat around cowering in the corner when they saw the schedule OMGWEHAVETOPLAYTHEPATRIOTS1!!!1!!1ELEVENTYONE. ROFL
They're pros, they respect the skills of others, they gameplan against them based on their skills but FEAR??? Nah. That's for us fans.

Sometimes its best to just shut up no matter hat the media asks you. You just had your shit pushed in, it might be time to rethink your tactics. Saying things like Butler didnt shut me down, we are not afraid of Brady, or my Favorited, e dominated them, maybe that should not be something to be said where everyone can see ho stupid you are.

So you're saying there is dumbness within the NFL? Who would have thunk?:coffee:

I hate that whole "fearing other teams/players" stuff (like with the Ravens and the Pats). Well shit, I thought grown men just sat around cowering in the corner when they saw the schedule OMGWEHAVETOPLAYTHEPATRIOTS1!!!1!!1ELEVENTYONE. ROFL
They're pros, they respect the skills of others, they gameplan against them based on their skills but FEAR??? Nah. That's for us fans.

During the 2000 playoffs, there was a line floating around here about how intimidating playing at Oakland was going to be for the Ravens. Tony Siragusa had the greatest line "are we playing the team or the fans?"

I dunno, why do fans get upset when the opposing team expects to win or is confident coming into a game?

what i meant is it is for us to sit around wringing our hands over some stud player on the opposing team.
all players should expect to win. they don't get scared/intimidated by other players or teams. it's their job.
i don't think the pats have a bad record in denver because they are scared of the broncos.

Back