The Official Wild Card Weekend Thread

I also think they benefited off the fact there was no pressure but the wolves will be out of the cage for the SB

I don't know about all that, but I think having Chandler Jones available will make a big difference.

As of yesterday, Bell still had not tried running on the knee. He's looking doubtful for the game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eveon-bell-not-ready-to-test-knee-on-thursday

After insisting that his hyperextended knee felt great on Wednesday, Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell wasn't quite as optimistic on Thursday.

Bell revealed to NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala that he didn't attempt to run on Thursday because he didn't feel comfortable testing the knee.

Coach Mike Tomlin is calling for an extra practice on Friday, giving Bell one last-ditch chance to try running and cutting. Even if Bell doesn't go on Friday, offensive coordinator Todd Haley said he would be comfortable playing his star tailback without practice if the knee checks out by Saturday's pre-game routine, per Kinkhabwala.

Teammate Antonio Brown told Kinkhabwala that he's confident Bell will suit up, if only because "it's a really big game" against the rival Baltimore Ravens.

In the meantime, the Steelers are preparing undrafted rookie Josh Harris as the starter, with the tight ends and offensive line picking up slack in pass protection.

At this point, Brown appears to be alone in his belief that the NFL's second-leading rusher will take a sudden turn for the better over the next 36 hours.

I also think they benefited off the fact there was no pressure but the wolves will be out of the cage for the SB

They were getting some pressure on Rodgers. He just did a good job avoiding it . Throwing on the run. I hope if he play's them again. BB has some creative blitzes for Rodgers. All 3 LBS shown they can rush the passer.

NASA's JPL website is tracking a meteor. I hope it makes impact at the stadium at about 8:30. It will probably miss by a hundred million miles, but one can wish.

Oh FFS...they were talking on NFLN about if you would want Suh as your teammate and Faulk compared Suh to Rodney. UMMM how about NO. Did Rodney hit a little late sometimes? Yep, and his fines were deserved usually. But what Suh does is NOT WITHIN THE GAME OF FOOTBALL. He twists people's heads off, he stomps on them with his cleats, he uses their heads as basketballs and dribbles them. Not even CLOSE to Rodney, ever in any way.

I like how Irvin put it: Suh knew exactly when he was getting off probation and that's why he did what he did when he did it.

My picks: AZ, Pitt, Dall, Indy

Anyone else find it odd that the first game is on ESPN?

After seeing how many of the New Year's Day bowl games were on ESPN, I can't say I'm surprised.

The days of broadcast (free) football are rapidly coming to an end. :frown:

Oh FFS...they were talking on NFLN about if you would want Suh as your teammate and Faulk compared Suh to Rodney. UMMM how about NO. Did Rodney hit a little late sometimes? Yep, and his fines were deserved usually. But what Suh does is NOT WITHIN THE GAME OF FOOTBALL. He twists people's heads off, he stomps on them with his cleats, he uses their heads as basketballs and dribbles them. Not even CLOSE to Rodney, ever in any way.

I like how Irvin put it: Suh knew exactly when he was getting off probation and that's why he did what he did when he did it.

My picks: AZ, Pitt, Dall, Indy

Ok.

Rodney used to hit people late, over the middle in the head, out of bounds in the head...Rodney was a dirty player.

One of my all-time favorite players, but come on now HS. He was voted 'league's dirtiest player' like 10 years in a row or whatever.

He was dirty. Embrace it. :)

I said his fines were mostly deserved. He was NOT Suh like, which was my point. Can you seriously tell me you think he'd stomp on someone purposely like Suh does? No way.

I said his fines were mostly deserved. He was NOT Suh like, which was my point. Can you seriously tell me you think he'd stomp on someone purposely like Suh does? No way.

I've seen him hit players in the head or knee three steps out of bounds. Yeah, I can.

Rodney was my avatar here for 5 years, mind you :)

I think there's a line Rodney (and most other players called dirty)wouldn't cross.
I think the occasional hit out of bounds/after the whistle is not in the same stratosphere as anything Suh does. Remember, even Rodney had no stomach for the dumb crap Big Bang Clock did.

I think there's a line Rodney (and most other players called dirty)wouldn't cross.
I think the occasional hit out of bounds/after the whistle is not in the same stratosphere as anything Suh does. Remember, even Rodney had no stomach for the dumb crap Big Bang Clock did.

Yeah, and I laughed my ass off when he said that, because he used to do the same thing. He's the reason the 'defenseless receiver' rule exists.

What Rodney did, was do it at points in the game that wouldn't cost the team, and set the tone he was hoping for.

Hey I don't think Rodney was some perfect angel myself even though he's one of my favorite players ever. There were some times I DO think he was borderline hurting the team and was screaming at BB through my tv (he can hear that right? LOL) to bench his ass. But he wouldn't do it overadoverandover many times in one game like BBC.

Hey I don't think Rodney was some perfect angel myself even though he's one of my favorite players ever. There were some times I DO think he was borderline hurting the team and was screaming at BB through my tv (he can hear that right? LOL) to bench his ass. But he wouldn't do it overadoverandover many times in one game like BBC.

The difference between the two is, Rodney knew exactly what he was doing when he was doing it. Big Bang Clock is a ****ing moron, who thinks Big Ben is called the ****ing Big Bang Clock.

The difference between the two is, Rodney knew exactly what he was doing when he was doing it. Big Bang Clock is a ****ing moron, who thinks Big Ben is called the ****ing Big Bang Clock.
I dunno TD...I still remember that Rodney was genuinely (I think) anguished when he tore up Trent Green's knee. Suh just goes full on I KNOW NOTHING I DID NOTHING I SEE NOTHING whenever he's accused. That's what I think is another difference between him and Rodney.
Agree that BBC is a moron but I think after a certain point he too knew. He just didn't GAF.

Back