The Patriots' 2024 Off Season Thread

I'm hearing the Pats have left the door open for JC Jackson to re-sign once his personal issues are behind him.

Mike Evans is re-signing...2yr/$52M with $35M guaranteed. Wow. Be wary of 30 year old WRs! Remember Moss and Julio after 30?
Does this mean Baker re-signs, too?

Damn cap increase

Mike Evans is re-signing...2yr/$52M with $35M guaranteed. Wow. Be wary of 30 year old WRs! Remember Moss and Julio after 30?

Damn cap increase
Evans had a really good year last year. And the Bucs pay their top guys. Always have. Licht is that type of GM. I do think that may sway Mayfield to return but again money talks. I hope the Pats back up the truck for him ...

Damn cap increase
I would imagine having two woobies like Evans and Godwin help resurrect your career will make it too enticing not to re-sign with the Bus.

"Hey Baker, why re-sign to play with Evans and Godwin when you could come to New England and throw to a bunch of tacking dummies?"

I would imagine having two woobies like Evans and Godwin help resurrect your career will make it too enticing not to re-sign with the Bus.

"Hey Baker, why re-sign to play with Evans and Godwin when you could come to New England and throw to a bunch of tacking dummies?"
We have to wait and see what we do in FA. Hopefully we pick a couple of playmakers which would make it more enticing for Baker to come here ...

I'm hearing the Pats have left the door open for JC Jackson to re-sign once his personal issues are behind him.
Makes sense. There was no way he was coming back at that number. I fear he's sort of in a 'Malcolm Butler last time around' situation though. He wasn't good last year, at all.

Evans had a better year with Mayfield last year than he ever had under Brady.

Does it mean anything? Who knows. But it's a fun fact. :coffee:

Hearing the Pats had interest in Evans but Evans knew from the start he would be back with the Bucs.
Ditto, Baker Mayfield.

“There are questions among NFL coaches as to how Daniels -- who is from California and played at Arizona State and LSU -- would adapt to the playing conditions in New England.”

Chicago ain't exactly deep south, either. Crazy new breed of players....maybe the next CBA can require all teams play in domed stadiums?

Evans had a better year with Mayfield last year than he ever had under Brady.

Does it mean anything? Who knows. But it's a fun fact. :coffee:
Evans can make most QB'S look better. In college he made Manzeil a lot of money. Johnny would just throw the ball in the air and Evans would either run under it or out jump 2 defenders.
Not taking a shot at Baker but Evans is that good. He was as good for TFB as Randy was.

After what the Pats did to Jones (from a significant part of the NFL's perspective, not the "fans" in NE) what QB would want to come here? Of course, BB is gone and so is the need to smash the Kraft boys anymore so there is that...

i'm not one of the "cool kids" but doesn't the cap emoji mean "bullshit"? i just know i've heard the expression "no cap" and the context suggests that means "no bullshit".

Yeah, Daniels dispelled the rumor with the cap emoji.

Back