The Unofficial "This Will Not Stand" Thread

What style is that? Hi-jacking of football posts and turning them into non-football posts? Something else?

I know you like to hi-jack, but not sure if you're talking about something different or not.

Sure hijacking. Thread Repurposing i like to call it.

And honestly, all the "Football threads are being pushed off the first page by the evil OT stuff" crap was just that. Crap. Those football threads were JUST ONE CLICK AWAY on the second page. But getting those football threads to a more convenient clicking position was deemed more important.

Please understand im not upset, and i truly appreciate the hard work you and all the mods have put in here. But, i like a few others, feel like my time here is getting shorter by the day. And that just makes me sad.

SC, I really like you. I think you're a hilarious bastid. I'm pretty sure that once the dust settles, people will be posting here all the time, SSDD.

I'm assuming that most people joined this boards because it WAS a football forum. So you have to understand the flip side. If someone starts a thread and it gets hijacked into a bewbies or butt sechs thread, that's the end of the football talk, the thread goes to the back pages and is never found by the people that haven't read it. It's frustrating.

I like goofing around as much as the next guy, but I came here for football first. In a few days, I'm sure the Tailgate will be exactly like it was because there isn't all that much happening in football right now.

Just give it a chance. We're all adjusting here.

I for one was a refugee from KFFL who signed up here precisely because although the forum was Patriot-based, the football aspect of the forum was almost secondary to the community aspect. That has all completely changed. I understand that the majority of people wanted it this way. Im just saying that this makes me sad.

if a football thread is in the 3 ring circus, can it be hijacked? or is that a violation.

I'm guilty of hijacking, but I dont do it intentional...I have this word association thing that goe's off in my brain when I read, and then I have to share whatevah stupid thought it is.

I've been more or less silent on this but this is as good a place as any to express my opinion.

When I first came here I was attracted to the "looseness" of the place. The tailgate or sportsbar idea, that we were more or less free to discuss whatever made the planet unique. Had I wanted to be a member of PatsFans I would have signed up there, and honestly I can't see much difference between the sites now.

I think what we have lost is that uniqueness. As a group the mods have both the right and good reason for making these changes but I personally feel I've become internet homeless again. I'll probably stick around to see how this goes but I don't really feel connected or committed to the site.

Agreed, and it's pretty sad for me. I agree with ST, as well; politics/religious conversations are a major part of a lot of peoples' lives, and I don't see why there can't be a subforum for those topics if there is a place for regular gossip.

To be honest, I think that if the Mods simply draw a line in the sand for the PF, and say, "If you cross it, you'll be done there", and leave it at that. If people (and I certainly was guilty of it in the past) cross that line, they're done there, but if people can keep it clean and follow the same rules as the rest of the forum, then I fail to see the problem.

I also find it a bit odd that it's been closed because of complaints. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of "complaints" about it were not from regular posters in the PF. I also do not believe that there was any significant influence from there into the Three Rings. As I've said before, there are quite a few antagonistic, hostile relationships that have existed in the main forum in the past (SF87 and PFL, DS and TBL, for example) that had NOTHING to do with the PF. There's NOTHING in the main forum between those of us who have been argumentative with each other in the PF that is anything like those two examples.

:shrug:

Sure hijacking. Thread Repurposing i like to call it.

And honestly, all the "Football threads are being pushed off the first page by the evil OT stuff" crap was just that. Crap. Those football threads were JUST ONE CLICK AWAY on the second page. But getting those football threads to a more convenient clicking position was deemed more important.

Please understand im not upset, and i truly appreciate the hard work you and all the mods have put in here. But, i like a few others, feel like my time here is getting shorter by the day. And that just makes me sad.

The problem with the football threads being 'one click away on the second page' was that you had to go looking through a bunch of buttsechs threads to get them. Even then, half the football posts were hijacked into buttsechs threads.

Many, many people found that highly annoying.

I really just don't see what's all that complicated about this other than the fact that the organization has changed. But disliking it is certainly your prerogative.

if a football thread is in the 3 ring circus, can it be hijacked? or is that a violation.

I'm guilty of hijacking, but I dont do it intentional...I have this word association thing that goe's off in my brain when I read, and then I have to share whatevah stupid thought it is.

:with:

Pretty much anything goes here, as always. Except hostile/flaming/baiting behavior, which won't be tolerated anywheres.

Am I wrong in saying that I think all this whining about the changes is causing this place to be a lil less fun?

Seeing as there are people complaining about the changes I wanna complain about the whining. Forgive me if it's out of line but really?

Instead of whining can we just continue with business as is. This really isn't as big a deal as people are making it out to be
It will pass.

For my part, I'm just concerned with making this place the best it can be. With the changes, it looks like the time to address it before everything re-settles out.

:spaghetti: I don't know why but I just wanted to add that in here. ROFL I know weird huh?

Perhaps a bit over the top, but I'm trying to understand what just happened around here.

It just seems like a few pussies that can't handle a little good natured ribbing started stomping their feet and eventually got their way.

Obviously I don't see all of the complaints that you guys have gotten from the PF, so I can't comment on just how much of a pain in the ass that forum really was for you.

I just found myself spending the majority of my time there because I found the discussions to be very stimulating. I LOVE football, and especially the Patriots, but I can't find enough interesting football topics to keep me engaged the same way I was in the PF.

Having spent most of my time in the PF, I think that the level of abuse and insults have actually been overstated and overblown. Most of the people that have complained about it don't even post in it, so what's the deal? Why should someone who doesn't utilize the PF have any say in what happens to it? The PF contained real life topics that need to be discussed. It just saddens me that we will no longer be able to discuss the stuff that really matters in life on this board.

I'm just having a hard time digesting this. I want to stick around, but I'm not sure yet. Perhaps the changes made to this board were intended to weed out folks like myself from participating. If that's the case, then I'll take the hint and be on my way. We'll see.

Maybe people who were complaining about it didn't post in it much (or at all)due to the very reasons they were complaining about? Just a thought...

The fact that Hawg fully supports what we're doing after writing all of that (albeit 5 years ago: Jurassic Park time in Internet years) should speak volumes.

:coffee:

I've never been much for appealing to authority, even though I respect the old timers such as Hawg.

Point is that that post describes not just the origins, but the purpose of this site.

IIRC, it was Hawg who first turned me to the Planet from KFFL. I used to be a serious footballer and draftnik, posting on multiple boards, among them KFFL, patriots.com, patfans, and all their predecessors (MouthOff, Hardrock, NFLfans, Pats Rivals).

Although I go back to the early days, given my football-centric focus, I admittedly didn't come here often. But it WAS the place I came to when I wanted to mix business and pleasure. It wasn't so serious or stifling, and it didn't have the bickering of other boards.

Sure, KFFL has a "Non Sports Talk" forum, but you have to make an effort to seek it out. And the football talk there was much more insular, even though you can easily post in another team's forum. The mixing bowl of football, OT, and opposing fans here is what made it interesting to me.

And since I don't have the time or inclination to put as much effort into football/draft as I used to, the Planet was more likely to fit my needs on the rare occasions that I do seek out a football forum these days.

I know that I've not been around much, and when I have it's typically been as "Publius" in the political forum, so I can't really speak to the alleged decline in the main board.

But count me as one who is disappointed that the new changes make the Planet more like all the other boards.

Pretty much anything goes here, as always. Except hostile/flaming/baiting behavior, which won't be tolerated anywheres.

Sorry,I don't agree.

You can forbid any discussion of certain topics.

But you can no longer claim that this is still a forum where "pretty much anything goes, as always"

Not whining, just giving my opinion.

Also,not saying that the people doing the heavy lifting don't have a right to make these decisions.

But, please...don't pretend that a ban on discussion of controversial topics doesn't make this a very, very different place.

To lazy to read all the pages on this post

Admit I am bit lost on this but nothing new

Not sure where I can post stuff and not post stuff

The regular threads that were so popular and posted in now we have to go down pages and pages to find it and then still do a search

For the 3rd time today I understand why it was done just trying to adjust to the new format and attitudes and all that good stuff

Posted a picture of my son I guess it is safe since no one will ever find that thread LOL

Going back to the masses to see more threads now

Got some questions not sure who to ask though

And this was a bad thing?

Yeah, it was awful.

It got to the point where I just gave up trying to have any meaningful conversation about the Patriots because some a-hole would just pop up and post about boobs or post a picture and then the thread was destroyed.

No amount of 'community' has been lost here. You can still go and talk about all the boobs and buttsechs and dirty old man thoughts you want. Just not in the football threads.

I really don't have much heartburn over any of the changes.

The only exception is, the death of the political forum. But maybe, just maybe, it will be resurrected someday.

I do appreciate the mods, and what all they have to put up with, and what all they do for us. It's a job that someone has to do, and I'm certainly glad it's not ME that has to do it!

I will add though, I will be glad when everyone settles down and settles in, because the lack of humor, and that feeling that "everyone is walking on eggshells", makes this place feel foreign to me.

I, for one, don't really care that there is a football only forum that people can discuss the techniques of a "cover" corner versus corners that can't cover. :BS:

I spend most of my time in the PF, because I found it to contain the most interesting threads.

Now I have the choice between someone trying to explain to me how LoMo really does kick ass, and someone telling me that they just had chicken soup for lunch.

All in all, I fear these changes are gonna make this place a big ol' yawner, which I guess is what the "football" folks really want.

Yeah, it was awful.

It got to the point where I just gave up trying to have any meaningful conversation about the Patriots because some a-hole would just pop up and post about boobs or post a picture and then the thread was destroyed.

No amount of 'community' has been lost here. You can still go and talk about all the boobs and buttsechs and dirty old man thoughts you want. Just not in the football threads.

But you are walking material, dood.

/Canada

:p

I, for one, don't really care that there is a football only forum that people can discuss the techniques of a "cover" corner versus corners that can't cover. :BS:

I spend most of my time in the PF, because I found it to contain the most interesting threads.

Now I have the choice between someone trying to explain to me how LoMo really does kick ass, and someone telling me that they just had chicken soup for lunch.

All in all, I fear these changes are gonna make this place a big ol' yawner, which I guess is what the "football" folks really want.

See, that's the thing. As far as I understand, as long as we aren't pricks or talk about how we want it put in our butts, this place is still the same. Right?

Because there is hammers coming down for really basic shit. And that is what everyone was worried about.

In all fairness, our food threads usually turned out really well. That arguement over double cheeseburgers should be a pastie.

Speaking of cheeseburgers, where's Babs?:shrug:

Back