They love Brady

Things happen on the sideline's all the time, I have no issue with Brady being pissed about mental mistakes by Aiken and Galloway..

Until Brady develops something as recognisable and frequently used as the "Twin armed double chip strap release with full shrug"™ there's no way he can even be considered in Peyton's league.

Sorry, Peyton has NOTHING on Brady when it comes to leadership. You rarely, if ever, hear Peyton's players talk in such glowing terms about him.
I'm staying out of this pissing contest, but the bolded part is completely false. Perhaps YOU don't hear about it, but I hear it almost daily.

The local radio show that runs when I drive home often has Colts players either answering questions from fans or give interviews, and everyone of them always talks about how awesome it is be on a team with Manning, what a great leader he is, and how they've developed as a player because of it.

You can say that's all false, but the message is getting across to the people that need to hear it. Which is all I care about.

I knew that ;)

I'm sure everyone else here did/does, too.

It's all good! :toast:

I get that you like Peyton. He's your team's QB.

But between the "I'm not trying to be a bad teammate" thing and the slumped shoulders/hand waiving pout thing, putting him in the same sentence with Tom Brady when it comes to how a QB handles himself is -- there's just no other way for me to say this -- ridiculous. And doing that is going to result in the kinds of responses you got here every single time.

The woe is me, all hope is lost thing is not something you see from Tom...ever. If Tom is pissed, he yells and screams. But you never see the look of defeat that Manning shows when he walks off the field after a pick with his arms flailing and his shoulders slumped. I wish I had a good picture of exactly that as there were so many in those two playoff games in NE in 03 and 04. Really, those are some of my happiest memories of the Pats playoff runs (except for the game ending/winning moments, of course).

For now, this non-Tom pose will have to do. But it's far from perfect.

indianapolis-colts-quarterback-peyton-manning-pray.jpg

I'm staying out of this pissing contest, but the bolded part is completely false. Perhaps YOU don't hear about it, but I hear it almost daily.

The local radio show that runs when I drive home often has Colts players either answering questions from fans or give interviews, and everyone of them always talks about how awesome it is be on a team with Manning, what a great leader he is, and how they've developed as a player because of it.

You can say that's all false, but the message is getting across to the people that need to hear it. Which is all I care about.

Maybe they say that on local radio. But I've never seen any Manning teammate quoted about Manning like Fred Taylor has (and countless others have) been quoted about Tom. Not once.

And I seriously doubt that Manning's teammates revere him like the Pats players revere Tom.

And I seriously doubt that Manning's teammates revere him like the Pats players revere Tom.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion Darryl (I of course don't need to tell you that)

But do you really claim to know the inner workings of the Indianapolis locker room?

And even if you did, is there anyway to quantify this? I prefer the old Manning/Brady arguements when we just yelled about "stats!" vs "rings!"

At least those has some validity to them. Now it's "the other guys on our team like our guy better than the other guys on your team like your guy."

I get that you like Peyton. He's your team's QB.

But between the "I'm not trying to be a bad teammate" thing and the slumped shoulders/hand waiving pout thing, putting him in the same sentence with Tom Brady when it comes to how a QB handles himself is -- there's just no other way for me to say this -- ridiculous. And doing that is going to result in the kinds of responses you got here every single time.

The woe is me, all hope is lost thing is not something you see from Tom...ever. If Tom is pissed, he yells and screams. But you never see the look of defeat that Manning shows when he walks off the field after a pick with his arms flailing and his shoulders slumped. I wish I had a good picture of exactly that as there were so many in those two playoff games in NE in 03 and 04. Really, those are some of my happiest memories of the Pats playoff runs (except for the game ending/winning moments, of course).

For now, this non-Tom pose will have to do. But it's far from perfect.

indianapolis-colts-quarterback-peyton-manning-pray.jpg

And I get that those responses were expected, and I get all the arguments that were posted along with them.

What I find kinda funny is, tho - That TG got no heat for her remarks, and we were saying the same thing.

Course, TG is a Pat's fan, so...

I guess if she saw the correlation, it's okay. But if I saw it, I'm ridiculous.

I honestly don't care - Just pointing out the obvious. :thumb:

At least those has some validity to them. Now it's "the other guys on our team like our guy better than the other guys on your team like your guy."

Bradys a much better human being and he recycle's:coffee:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion Darryl (I of course don't need to tell you that)

But do you really claim to know the inner workings of the Indianapolis locker room?

And even if you did, is there anyway to quantify this? I prefer the old Manning/Brady arguements when we just yelled about "stats!" vs "rings!"

I'm not going by the inner workings of the locker room.

I'm going by what I hear and read, and by how sincere the Pats sound when they discuss Tom. I just never heard and read that about Peyton and given what a douche bag he's been at times -- "I'm not trying to be a bad teammate (but now I'm going to do just that)" -- I'm not surprised at all that Peyton is not spoken about like Tom is.

Then again, I think Tom is just about the most perfect leader I've ever seen on one of the teams I root for. Comparing anyone to Tom isn't fair.

And again, I make that statement based mostly on what I hear and read Pats players say about Tom, and partially based on Tom's own comments about the team and how he conducts himself when the cameras are on him. It's also, in part, on what some people I know with some inside access, including MD, have said about him.

None of this is based on my powers of looking inside the hearts and souls of Pats players.

I've actually leaned in to take a big old whiff of Tom's schitt. It did not stink, even a little bit - unless you have some loathing of roses and lavender.

I once saw Tom help an old lady cross the street.

Of course, it was to get to Patriot Place and spend some scratch in Krafty Bob's shops, but he helped her across nonetheless.:coffee:

I heard from a friend of a friend that Tom tips his paper-boy .50 cents more a week than Manning, that cheapskate:coffee:

And I get that those responses were expected, and I get all the arguments that were posted along with them.

What I find kinda funny is, tho - That TG got no heat for her remarks, and we were saying the same thing.

ONCE I SAW HER COMMENT IT WAS OFF TO IGNORE FOR HER

it was uncalled for :D

I have found that arguing with TG usually leads to personal comments (at least in my case) that add nothing. I don't at all feel that way about you -- quite the opposite -- so the only thing you should read into my failure to reply to her is that I didn't want to go down that path again.

That said, I go with what Troy Aikman said during the broadcast: what Tom did will be over analyzed and not really understood in the context of the moment and the overall team dynamic. And I have a lot of trust in Tom.

I heard from a friend of a friend that Tom tips his paper-boy .50 cents more a week than Manning, that cheapskate:coffee:

I was once in a diner and no lie, Manning came in and sat on the stool next to me.

Ordered a PB&J.

The bastid cut the crusts off!:cuss:

Doesn't he know there's hungry people in the world?

I was once in a diner and no lie, Manning came in and sat on the stool next to me.

Ordered a PB&J.

The bastid cut the crusts off!:cuss:

Doesn't he know there's hungry people in the world?

Not only that, he also hates America:coffee:

Maybe they say that on local radio. But I've never seen any Manning teammate quoted about Manning like Fred Taylor has (and countless others have) been quoted about Tom. Not once.

That's because we know how to keep things in house.

I'm not going by the inner workings of the locker room.

I'm going by what I hear and read, and by how sincere the Pats sound when they discuss Tom. I just never heard and read that about Peyton and given what a douche bag he's been at times -- "I'm not trying to be a bad teammate (but now I'm going to do just that)" -- I'm not surprised at all that Peyton is not spoken about like Tom is.

Then again, I think Tom is just about the most perfect leader I've ever seen on one of the teams I root for. Comparing anyone to Tom isn't fair.

And again, I make that statement based mostly on what I hear and read Pats players say about Tom, and partially based on Tom's own comments about the team and how he conducts himself when the cameras are on him. It's also, in part, on what some people I know with some inside access, including MD, have said about him.

None of this is based on my powers of looking inside the hearts and souls of Pats players.
Look Darryl, I'm really not intrested in arguing this with you. We both know it's not going to anywhere but in circles.

I just wanted it added to the public record that Manning's teammates do in fact speak of his leadership on a pretty constant and regular basis. That's all.

I just wanted it added to the public record that Manning's teammates do in fact speak of his leadership on a pretty constant and regular basis. That's all.

Off the record they wish for teh greatness that is Tom Brady:coffee:

Back