This is why the Owners will win...

Re the lockout and the Doty ruling: I just wanted to add the Glazers' name to the mix. As well as the Buccs, they own Manchester United (which has £650 million of debts) and some other businesses which are apparently not doing that well. They won't want this to carry on too long either.

Have any of the owners done so yet?

Horse. Dead. And. Beaten.

Um, yeah. Some owners have been complaining for several years about how the "rich" teams need to give them more money. That's why this time, it's the owners complaining about the CBA, rather than the players like it usually is.

Sure there are plenty of stupid players who can't manage their money, but the idea that the owners can ride out a significant stoppage is not correct. The rich teams were making plenty of money under the prior CBA, but they also invest in their teams, facilities, etc (unlike some of the less rich teams).

The owners are not all in agreement by any stretch of the imagination.
Some of them have significant bills to pay, Kraft, Jones, (to name a couple), while other owners who don't invest, probably could ride out a season off. The rich owners want a quick settlement, and others want the player salaries to come down at all costs.

On a side note, it will be interesting to see if this fraudulent union decertification holds up in court, if the extensions expire and no deal gets done.

Um, yeah. Some owners have been complaining for several years about how the "rich" teams need to give them more money. That's why this time, it's the owners complaining about the CBA, rather than the players like it usually is.

Sure there are plenty of stupid players who can't manage their money, but the idea that the owners can ride out a significant stoppage is not correct. The rich teams were making plenty of money under the prior CBA, but they also invest in their teams, facilities, etc (unlike some of the less rich teams).

The owners are not all in agreement by any stretch of the imagination.
Some of them have significant bills to pay, Kraft, Jones, (to name a couple), while other owners who don't invest, probably could ride out a season off. The rich owners want a quick settlement, and others want the player salaries to come down at all costs.

On a side note, it will be interesting to see if this fraudulent union decertification holds up in court, if the extensions expire and no deal gets done.

If they do I hope they can't form a new one for a least a year after the New CBA is signed. You know as soon as they finallly sign a New CBA there going to reform the Player Union.

If the situation goes into a lock-out today it can only end badly for the NFL as a whole. Look at baseball - they are still suffering from the repercussions of their own lock-out.

I don't understand why they won't just drop the lawyers and get everyone to sit around a table and hammer out a deal. Taking this route is so unneccessary. It's also a sad reflection on the state of the NFL today.

Edit to add - I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place - I'm still finding my way around!

If the situation goes into a lock-out today it can only end badly for the NFL as a whole. Look at baseball - they are still suffering from the repercussions of their own lock-out.

I don't understand why they won't just drop the lawyers and get everyone to sit around a table and hammer out a deal. Taking this route is so unneccessary. It's also a sad reflection on the state of the NFL today.

Edit to add - I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place - I'm still finding my way around!
:Lwelcome:

If they do I hope they can't form a new one for a least a year after the New CBA is signed. You know as soon as they finallly sign a New CBA there going to reform the Player Union.

The union will have to wait 6 months to recertify.

Lizzie...:Lwelcome:

Greed and only greed.

:Lwelcome:

Now put down the axe.

a rookie should not be getting involved. In this yet because they should be spending there time impressing the Coaches and GM that going to draft then. IT is a very bad move to side with the players when it is the NFL owners that control your Fate.

I see it differently. Coaches and GM's could view Miller as showing leadership.

Back