Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Why don't we all just agree, Tom left because he really wanted to, he wanted to experience something new on a new team with a better roster on offense and he was RIGHT to do so at this stage in his career. No tantrums or bad feeling. And it can also be right that it suited the Patriots that he left as well. He would win nothing with the terrible offense last season and sooner or later the Patriots were going to have to rebuild.

No harm done, no war of words or bitching to the press from either side.

Now just drop it and let's move on to the Patriots 2021 season.
I do not know what Brady would have won, but I have seen him take a suspect team a lot farther than people expected before, and while in the long run it was probably best that Brady left for cap reasons so they could rebuild, the fact that Bill had to go grab Cam who was sitting out there and nobody wanted because most thought he could not play anymore, was not ideal, it was last minute, it was not planned. But everything else, I agree with you on. Brady wanted to still play and obviously he can, but the pats were not in any position to give him a bit of help. He could have retired (what I wanted) he could have stayed for shit money and got beat up, or he could have went somewhere else to challenge himself for the people that said he couldnt. He chose the last thing. Brady is a competitor just like Bill is, but being a competitor as a player is different than as a coach because as a coach, you have to be a bit more pragmatic. Bill is clean no matter what happens, he is a hall of fame coach with too many rings for fingers. Brady took a bit of a chance to go somewhere else at 43 and try to win. It worked out, and it will work out for the pats because Bill is great at building teams, but not because Brady left. There were things Brady brought the team that are not on his footwork or throwing motion, and and Tampa got to see that, it was what kept him on the pats for 19 years and what they saw everyday, but nobody is to blame. Bill didnt drive him out, Brady did not hate Bill and wanted to leave or any of the other crap that gets thrown around. I am very sure they both still think very highly of each other, but both of them are of that school where you do not talk about players not on the field and you do not talk about your old team when you are on a new team you are having to lead.

OP
Mazz22

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
Maybe it time to find another team. If you hold this much hatred for HC. You don't want to be put in same troll category as other 2.
What hatred? I am saying what happened.

And in case you missed it, there is a TON of Brady hate on this thread.

Roberto71

Reaction score
No, its really not. There are hall of famer players that were drafted low, and players that didnt last a year who were drafted high, so to use that as a jumping off point is not a reality to anything. I mean go read Bill's book. Brady came on this team as a Qb that really had no shot. he was 4th on the depth chart and they had a starter. In a year he worked his way over all the others, and when Bledsoe went down, he was the one that came in and he was the one Bill stuck with. If it was just Bill waving a wand, he could have done that with any young QB.

As far as the defense "carrying them" to 3 superbowls. I guess you missed the superbowl vs carolina. There have been 5 superbowls won in the 50+ year history of the NFL while giving up that many points, the pats are one of them. Brady was magic in that game, go back and watch it sometime. As far as kicker, I am almost sure that no kick would have been made from where they started on the kick off, adam does not have that strong of a leg. So you giving a kicker more credit than the player who touched the ball 60 times in a game is absurd. As I said people are extreme both ways.

Let's not get silly here, Adam got the crucial kicks in the Raiders game, without those, the Patriots don't go to the SB. I noticed you got he digs into Adam when some poster here quoted Bill who had the temerity to claim that Adam was the best player on his roster that season. Football is a team game and all these players had a crucial role. Adam played a vital role, Brady played a vital role. Brown, Harrison, Willie Mac etc etc. It was never just about Brady. It's a 53 man team.

Roberto71

Reaction score
What hatred? I am saying what happened.

And in case you missed it, there is a TON of Brady hate on this thread.
There is no "hatred". Let's not get silly. You yourself said you called Brady out many times for bad games he played, his shitty attitude in 2019 etc. it's just criticism. That's not hate.

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
What makes you think he's not already a spiritual being? LOL.

Even though I disagree with most of your points, I have to say it was a joy to read. Have you ever considered the media/comms business like your brother? I mean your virtuoso posts shouldn't be wasted solely on vermin like us on PP.

View attachment 4330

First off, that meme is so cloying and absurd that upon seeing it I spit-sprayed my morning coffee all over the kitchen wall. So, Thanks for that.

I just plain don't understand the "it's the man not the deed" part, but I'll give you style points for capturing in a pic the special kind of irrational
idolatry that Tommites have for their icon dreamboat.

Not to disappoint you, but the "leaving his human form behind" thing has been Jerry's concept for a long time and that was just my spin
on his intellectual property, but thanks for the kind words, but to steal another of his bits; posting on a website isn't a perfect form of expression
but it beats standing on the corner and screaming your opinion at passing cars and I'll be sure and let you know when I write my first book, which
will be a novel about a tragic love triangle between a hard-drinking, noodle-armed QB named Tim Bundy, the closeted gay team owner, Bob Brand,
who secretly carries a huge schoolgirl crush on him and Bull Bellicose, the befuddled-yet-lovable Head Coach with a heart of gold, who doesn't care
about winning as long as the players have fun.

So, anyhow, the reason I am writing all these bullshit posts lately is that I, like many of us, am about out of gas over the whole Brady/Bill debate. I
was once a moderator here and sometimes attempted to find common ground and cool off trouble spots when I wasn't otherwise too busy insulting
people and starting fights. I "retired" as a moderator because I felt I just plain didn't understand what people really wanted out of this place (if I ever
did) and felt it was time to let somebody else referee the predictable squabbles, most seeming to revolve around Captain Dimples.

So, here we are and it's Groundhog Day. What I believe we are dealing with is a very complex form of a "Scotoma" which is basically a term for a blind
spot in somebody's vision and it is used both literally and figuratively. You see a Saintly leader with angel wings and I see a phony new-age weirdo. I
see a genius who has titanium testicles and you see a paranoid control freak. In short, we see what we want to see and what will confirm our
deeply-rooted biases. "We" all do this and it gets exhausting and serves no purpose.

The pic below is an example of a Scotoma. Look at it and what do you see? The young girl or the old hag? Many people will only see one or the other. My
point is that they are both there even if we don't believe it at first.

Young_Lady_Old_Woman_Illusion.jpg

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
I’ll agree that BB wanted Tom gone, and probably years before it happened. Which speaks even more to his total arrogance. He thinks he can turn anyone into Brady.
imo he doesn't think he can "turn anyone into brady". it's that he knows that there are other ways to win. he's always adapted to what his personnel can do. when the negatives of a player outweigh the positives, it's time to move on.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Because two things can be true. Brady did make a decision to leave and it was a fantastic decision as he went to a team that had a great roster and coaches and won the chip in year one. It is also true that Bill wanted him back on another one year crap deal and Brady told him no thanks I got a better offer on a much better team.

Because two things can be true. Brady did make a decision to leave and it was a fantastic decision as he went to a team that had a great roster and coaches and won the chip in year one. It is also true that Bill wanted him back on another one year crap deal and Brady told him no thanks I got a better offer on a much better team gone and this time RKK didn't interfere.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
imo he doesn't think he can "turn anyone into brady". it's that he knows that there are other ways to win. he's always adapted to what his personnel can do. when the negatives of a player outweigh the positives, it's time to move on.
Ok, well first of all, Bill didnt move on, Brady moved on, then Bill moved on. This notion that Bill tossed Brady to the curb is not reported, written, shown, said anywhere else than on this board. If Bill wanted to move from Brady in 2017, it more the pragmatic reason than the, Oh I am done with this guy reason. Any reasonable person would think that Brady could fall any year, so you have to be ready for that. Brady didnt, and that caused some issues with what to do with JG at the point he was traded. They tried to give JG a contract but it was low balled so JG turned it down. Bill had no idea when Brady was going to all of the sudden bite it with his play, nor would anyone else, at some point they were going year to year and Brady wanted to move on as he could see where the team was going as far as a rebuild, and Bill needed to go younger at a lot of positions to start that rebuild. You usually do not rebuild with a 43 year old QB, so Brady chose to keep playing instead of retiring and Bill and Brady hugged and kissed with letters sent to the media and that was it and since then, everyone is trying to make this into some horrible war that pit them against each other.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Because two things can be true. Brady did make a decision to leave and it was a fantastic decision as he went to a team that had a great roster and coaches and won the chip in year one. It is also true that Bill wanted him back on another one year crap deal and Brady told him no thanks I got a better offer on a much better team gone and this time RKK didn't interfere.
There was no interfere, Brady wanted to leave, if he wanted to stay he would still be here. If Bill wanted to kick Brady to the curb he would have been way better setup for Qb instead of having to run out and grab cam last minute. If you are saying it was Bill's plan all along, then you are basically saying Bill was an idiot for not being prepared for what his plan was. As I said, there is no report, no back alley comments, not secret ESPn story of how Bill ran Brady off, nothing except guy on message board.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
First off, that meme is so cloying and absurd that upon seeing it I spit-sprayed my morning coffee all over the kitchen wall. So, Thanks for that.

I just plain don't understand the "it's the man not the deed" part, but I'll give you style points for capturing in a pic the special kind of irrational

Not to disappoint you, but the "leaving his human form behind" thing has been Jerry's concept for a long time and that was just my spin
on his intellectual property, but thanks for the kind words, but to steal another of his bits; posting on a website isn't a perfect form of expression
but it beats standing on the corner and screaming your opinion at passing cars and I'll be sure and let you know when I write my first book, which
will be a novel about a tragic love triangle between a hard-drinking, noodle-armed QB named Tim Bundy, the closeted gay team owner, Bob Brand,
who secretly carries a huge schoolgirl crush on him and Bull Bellicose, the befuddled-yet-lovable Head Coach with a heart of gold, who doesn't care

So, anyhow, the reason I am writing all these bullshit posts lately is that I, like many of us, am about out of gas over the whole Brady/Bill debate. I
was once a moderator here and sometimes attempted to find common ground and cool off trouble spots when I wasn't otherwise too busy insulting
people and starting fights. I "retired" as a moderator because I felt I just plain didn't understand what people really wanted out of this place (if I ever
did) and felt it was time to let somebody else referee the predictable squabbles, most seeming to revolve around Captain Dimples.

So, here we are and it's Groundhog Day. What I believe we are dealing with is a very complex form of a "Scotoma" which is basically a term for a blind
spot in somebody's vision and it is used both literally and figuratively. You see a Saintly leader with angel wings and I see a phony new-age weirdo. I
see a genius who has titanium testicles and you see a paranoid control freak. In short, we see what we want to see and what will confirm our
deeply-rooted biases. "We" all do this and it gets exhausting and serves no purpose.

The pic below is an example of a Scotoma. Look at it and what do you see? The young girl or the old hag? Many people will only see one or the other. My

View attachment 4336
hawg is using his jedi mind tricks again.

Roberto71

Reaction score
Look why don’t we all agree that we’re glad Tom and his weird posse of snake oil selling quacks, his “humour”, his tree hugging Yoko of a wife, his befuddled, opinionated dad are all gone. The Brady’s have gone “Full Florida” So good luck to them, we’ve moved on.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what anyone says. You convinced yourself. It was all Brady. BB to is blame for him leaving. So F him.
Your forgetting some of greatest Players in NFL history. Didn't retire with their team. Jerry Rice is considered the greatest WR of all-time. He played for Raiders & Seattle.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
There is no Brady hate. Saying that he was a whiny bitch in his final year here isn’t hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So if I said belichick was a whiney bitch, would that be hate? Not that I am saying that. lol. As I said Brady is a competitor and well a human, people get unhappy sometimes, it happens to everyone, but he kept it in house and frankly people are having to make up the rest. Frankly the discussion is getting old as far as the Bill vs Brady thing. It was old when it started, so back to Tampa offseason for those that care.

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
So if I said belichick was a whiney bitch, would that be hate? Not that I am saying that. lol. As I said Brady is a competitor and well a human, people get unhappy sometimes, it happens to everyone, but he kept it in house and frankly people are having to make up the rest. Frankly the discussion is getting old as far as the Bill vs Brady thing. It was old when it started, so back to Tampa offseason for those that care.

It's been old for a year now, but good thing you just realized it. Maybe that's the first step.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
There is no Brady hate. Saying that he was a whiny bitch in his final year here isn’t hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You could tell 2019 was going to be his final year. I won't call him a whiny bitch. I have nothing but respect for Brady .

Inspector_50

Reaction score
It's been old for a year now, but good thing you just realized it. Maybe that's the first step.
You are talking to the wrong person, I have never made that silly argument, I love Belichick just as much as Brady, but I will not loving him if Belichick leaves. I am not someone who has ever compared them and have said a number of times, that one is a player and one is a coach, so not sure the first step you mean and I didnt just realize anything, I said from the very start and it did not stop it from happening here.

OP
Mazz22

Mazz22

Reaction score

Forums are interesting place, aren't they? I was not posting on anything (Pats or otherwise) for about 2 years. I have to say it was liberating. I did find my thoughts to be much quieter and overall much more at peace with the world. I have only come back to this place because, yes, I did miss you guys/gals even the ones that give me a hard time and also Patsfans which I really just read more than post because there is just so much convo over there it is hard to keep up.

I am sure someone is out there writing sociology books on what people are really trying to get out of online forums. I am not sure what I want either. The only thing I have really enjoyed in life discussing with others with whom I do not know personally are the Patriots, Music and God. Of course, not in that order always. LOL. I don't really know why. Some of it I think is validation for my own point of view and a sense of belonging, some of it is to hear and understand the other side, some of it is to read thoughtful posts like yours whether I agree with them or not, and sometimes it is just fun to debate and argue. But kudos to you for being a moderator. I don't think I could handle that job either. Just too much to try to keep control of. I think UT does a good job here. He tries to keep things free and loose which is probably the way go. I suppose you lose posters in the process but they probably were not going to stay anyways.

I have seen your Scotoma picture before. The first time I ever saw it, I could only see the old woman. Someone had to really point out the young girl to me. So it is a good reminder about all of our blind spots.

I do think the Bill/Brady debate will carry on but also simmer down now that we are 2 years removed. It was always going to happen if either one of them ever left each other. In a way, I do kind of enjoy seeing each out on their own. 20 years a long time. I have never had one job that long. The only things in my life that have lasted that long is my time at my church (32 years) and my marriage (22 years in July). It really is remarkable when you think about it especially in pro sports when so many athletes look to get out of their contracts in just a couple of years.

Last edited:
OP
Mazz22

Mazz22

Reaction score
Guess his knee is all heeled up.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Guess his knee is all heeled up.

Did they ever say what was wrong with his knee? I heard his OC say it bothered him all year, which is pretty impressive with how he played.