Tornadoes in MA

JD10367

Reaction score
Springfield got hit by a big one, looks like it took the top off a building, flipped a semi. Smaller one touched down near Worcester. Two big cells, one heading from Worcester to Boston and the other from Springfield to Taunton. Batten down the hatches, Dorothy.

Springfield got hit by a big one, looks like it took the top off a building, flipped a semi. Smaller one touched down near Worcester. Two big cells, one heading from Worcester to Boston and the other from Springfield to Taunton. Batten down the hatches, Dorothy.

It looks scary out there and it's still far from me.

We had a tornado in the Berkshires in '95 on Memorial Day Weekend. Eerily similar timing. I hope those in it's pats are/were safe.

Holy crap that was something!

YIKES please be safe all of you. You are like family even if we fight like that!

I had the Intellicast pan and zoom radar on all afternoon at work. First time I ever saw magenta on a radar screen.

I work right next to Bradley Airport which is about 15 minutes south on I-91 from Springfield.

Friend in Worcester tells me there is damage and no power.
Someone on the TV is on the scene of a destroyed house, they pulled a guy out alive who tells them his two kids are in the rubble. This is in Springfield. Reporter is standing there with a cell phone describing it.

More tornadoes now moving through the area that was hit earlier. This is no shit serious situation.
My brother lives near Springfield and called me to say there is bad damage and injuries.

I seriously need to clean my basement.:shake:

I watched the lightning storm in Groton for over an hour, recorded 10 minutes or so, and just uploaded it on my Facebook page.

It's been absolutely unbelievable.

On another note, what pissed me off was high school students laughing the storm off before it even happened, despite the fact that four were killed in the Springfield area (granted, we only knew about 1 at the time, but still...).

Does anyone know what caterglory twister it was. We had a water twister in Newport a few years ago.

Hope all the Planet peeps are safe, and suffered no damage! I checked on several via Facebook last night, as I have no clue where you all live in relation to where the storms were. So check in, peeps! Let us know you're okay!

Does anyone know what caterglory twister it was. We had a water twister in Newport a few years ago.
That will not be known until the National Weather Service does an assessment today. Thankfully eastern Mass was spared on this one.

Back