Trolling other teams message boards

Fawn Lebowitz

Reaction score
Can I get an honest count of who here has done it? And to anyone who is actively doing it, have you ever considered hanging em up and just enjoying your own teams board? Me, I love this board and wouldn't troll it. But I just started a new round of trolling boards just before the playoffs and I think after this year is over that I should just hang em up. Thoughts?

I may have joined this board to do so, but didn't follow through with my plan, glad I didn't follow through.

Can I get an honest count of who here has done it? And to anyone who is actively doing it, have you ever considered hanging em up and just enjoying your own teams board? Me, I love this board and wouldn't troll it. But I just started a new round of trolling boards just before the playoffs and I think after this year is over that I should just hang em up. Thoughts?

Interesting comment from someone whose PP configuration features a TB crying avatar.

Interesting comment from someone whose PP configuration features a TB crying avatar.
I stole that avatar from someone on this board. I took it off once after talking to roadgrader, but brought it back simply because I think it looks funny. If one of the mods wants it off, I'll find something to put up. It has been like this for four years?

I stole that avatar from someone on this board. I took it off once after talking to roadgrader, but brought it back simply because I think it looks funny. If one of the mods wants it off, I'll find something to put up. It has been like this for four years?
I don't care what you use, but don't say that you're not a troll when every post you put up features a picture that mocks our team's QB.

If you're going to use that picture, then you need to own the fact that you're a troll.

Though I did go to one of the JEST boards to troll after we beat their asses a while ago and was banned after a few posts, this is the only board I visit.

I don't care what you use, but don't say that you're not a troll when every post you put up features a picture that mocks our team's QB.

If you're going to use that picture, then you need to own the fact that you're a troll.
I'll ask for a second opinion. If an avatar is considered trolling then I have no idea what trolling is. I could be wrong, I thought the avatar was funny and harmless.

LMAO.

And to answer the original question, no I do not troll the boards of other teams. Many years ago, the board that I loved with all my heart shut down because of the absurd bullshit that trolls did. Three others went down quickly thereafter. These were official boards belonging to the teams. It was just too much garbage to deal with. Some people tried to start their own sites, but those were just a bunch of angry posters who resorted to chewing on each other.

Horrible mess. I don't advocate trolling.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll ask for a second opinion. If an avatar is considered trolling then I have no idea what trolling is. I could be wrong, I thought the avatar was funny and harmless.

Ok didn't you just say that after a conversation with RG you took it down? But since put it back up? Seems to me that Runner(TipRoast) IS your second opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok didn't you just say that after a conversation with RG you took it down? But since put it back up? Seems to me that Runner(TipRoast) IS your second opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
RG, who I have mucho respecto for, didn't ask me to take it down. He offered something else, but it's been so long I cant remember. RoadGrader, BostonTim and TommyD are all members that if they wanted me to have another avatar, I'd change it on the spot. Those three and there is probably few more from the Indystar days that I forgot, that I change for.

RG, who I have mucho respecto for, didn't ask me to take it down. He offered something else, but it's been so long I cant remember. RoadGrader, BostonTim and TommyD are all members that if they wanted me to have another avatar, I'd change it on the spot. Those three and there is probably few more from the Indystar days that I forgot, that I change for.
I go back to the IndyStar days, too. Do you remember all the various incarnations of BleedColtsBlue?

As I said earlier, I don't care what avatar you use, and I didn't ask you to change it. And if you don't think of yourself as a troll, or that having that picture is trolling, that's fine, too. Plenty of room on this board for all types of fans.

But as a fan of an opposing team, don't come here and tell Pats fans what constitutes trolling on our own board. We can make up our own minds on that topic.

Never posted anything on an opposing team's message boards.

There's enough delight from just reading Jetsinsider.

Content matters much more than the avatar. FL isn't one as far as I can tell.

FL is absolutely a troll... just not a very good one...

And I always thought FL was a broad... go figure...

To answer the question tho... I don't troll other boards, but I sure as hell read them after a painful loss.. particularly the Jests and Stiller boards... Good fun...

Best comment this year was regarding Bart Scott chasing Shane Vereen on his 80 plus yard TD against the Jests... The poster noted that "it could have been Wilfork running out there, Scott wouldn't have caught him.." Instant classic...

Visiting

I will visit other team's boards when there is something interesting to say, but usually I'm there more to talk football than troll. We've got some good visitors here. I try to be a good visitor elsewhere.

My most extended visit was to a Bills Board just after Bledsoe went west. A good number of fans there thought the franchise was saved. I tried to warn them. Once a good number of fans got to recognize Bledsoe for what he was, my role was done, I drifted off.

I got kicked off a board once, a Charger's board, during the LdT years when they were a quite formidable and oh so classy team. I respected their brute force approach at a time when most of the league was following the Colts speed and finesse style. Sometimes you have to be different to present the opposition with a problem their teams aren't designed to handle.

It was after the Patriots pulled out a squeaker in San Diego. One of their fans posted an impassioned plea about how important it was to prevent the other team from dancing on the Charger's mid field symbol. I just made a bland gentle observation that Patriot fans think it important to win the game. The Patriots Way isn't to trash talk before the game, but to wait until after that magic moment when Red Auerbach would light his cigar. The Patriots of the time also tended to only rub it into the face of teams who trash talked before the game.

Simple truth. For some reason the San Diego fans weren't eager to hear it at that particular moment in time...

I'd occasionally visit Jets boards when they're up, when their team is doing well, more to talk football than to trash talk. Lately, well, it just isn't much fun to kick em when they are down. Lately they have been better and more knowledgable about how flawed their team is than I. There isn't a lot I could add to the conversation.

Went to a giants board and because I didn't sing hail to the giants I was banned.

I found this when an Eagles can on a Panthers board sent me here in January 2005 but I was not trolling, I was just reading. I think I had 10 post total before eagle girl, or something like that started harassing me and being a gentleman I did not call her a @&$ dumpster.

Did the Panthers put their official board back up? They had dismantled it in 2003.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have done some trolling, but it was years back. A few of you probably know I was Chowdahead back on the old Indystar forum. Most of the time, I was basically a friendly troll (I'd try not to cross the line too often).

As for the avatar, it is funny, but it also is trolling. FWIW, it doesn't bother me at all, but I'm sure some of the more sensitive posters don't like it.

The only thing I'll point out is that Brady really doesn't cry, and to be honest, he's one of the toughest QBs out there. Middy's hyperbole has this way of keeping me from saying too many good things about Brady, but I really do understand how lucky we were to have gotten him.

He does get angry, though.

:cuss:

Back