Two Days Later

grog

Chief Instigation Officer
Reaction score
Almost 2 full days have passed since the game ended and I'm still in an amazing feeling of euphoria. Nothing can make me made right now. Not being stuck in traffic this morning for 2 hours. Nothing. That was the most brilliant comeback I have ever witnessed in any sport. Thank you Patriots. Thank you Tom ****ing Brady. Thank you Bill Belichick, Thank you Robert Kraft. Thank you Donte Hightower, Thank you Julian Edelman, Thank you Danny Amendola, Thank you Alan Branch, Thank you Trey Flowers, Thank you Matt Patricia, Thank you Josh McDaniels, Thank you Nate Ebner, Thank you Martellus Bennett, Thank you Legarret Blount, Thank you Chris Hogan, Thank you Malcom Butler, Thank you Dion Lewis, Thank you Logan Ryan, Thank you Devin McCourty, Thank you Shaq Mason, Thank you Malcom Mitchell, Thank You Matthew Slater, Thank you Joe Thuney, Thank you David Andrews, Thank you Rob Ninkovich, Thank you Elandon Roberts, Thank you Jabaal Sheard, Thank you Eric Rowe, Thank you Kyle Van Noy, Thank you Ryan Allen, Thank you Stephen Gostkowski,Thank you Scar, Thank you water boys, thank you, thank you, thank you. Thanks everyone I missed. Thank you people of this board. Thank you Patriot Nation!

I just watched it again.....ok I just watched the 4th quarter again, and I guess its different now after you know the outcome, but some of those passes, were in a window the size of a mouse. One to Amendola on the sideline, one to Edelman over the middle, one Hogan made a great play to shield the defender. I mean it was just one after another. 3rd down after 3rd down, knowing if any of them fail, its over. Its just really hard to believe.

It's the way Brady can suddenly morph from looking very ordinary, looking spooked and overthrowing passes, intercepts etc to almost doing a Clark Kent and turning into this inhuman machine. That 4th quarter was astonishing the way he drove that team with laser bolt shots into tiny windows. When Ghost hit the post and then lost the onside kick it looked like curtains.

Then even when we had a good drive next, we still had to settle for the FG. And I have to say, that kick gave me heart flutters as it immediately started turning right towards the post.

It has been wonderful. I feel the same. Walking on air this week.

Almost 2 full days have passed since the game ended and I'm still in an amazing feeling of euphoria. Nothing can make me made right now. Not being stuck in traffic this morning for 2 hours. Nothing. That was the most brilliant comeback I have ever witnessed in any sport. Thank you Patriots. Thank you Tom ****ing Brady. Thank you Bill Belichick, Thank you Robert Kraft. Thank you Donte Hightower, Thank you Julian Edelman, Thank you Danny Amendola, Thank you Alan Branch, Thank you Trey Flowers, Thank you Matt Patricia, Thank you Josh McDaniels, Thank you Nate Ebner, Thank you Martellus Bennett, Thank you Legarret Blount, Thank you Chris Hogan, Thank you Malcom Butler, Thank you Dion Lewis, Thank you Logan Ryan, Thank you Devin McCourty, Thank you Shaq Mason, Thank you Malcom Mitchell, Thank You Matthew Slater, Thank you Joe Thuney, Thank you David Andrews, Thank you Rob Ninkovich, Thank you Elandon Roberts, Thank you Jabaal Sheard, Thank you Eric Rowe, Thank you Kyle Van Noy, Thank you Ryan Allen, Thank you Stephen Gostkowski,Thank you Scar, Thank you water boys, thank you, thank you, thank you. Thanks everyone I missed. Thank you people of this board. Thank you Patriot Nation!
No call out for James White?

The player that scored the winning TD.

The player that set a SB record for points scored.

The player that set a SB record for receptions.

Curious omission.

The NFL Network will provide Patriots coverage all afternoon and evening today so we can relive all the glory.

1:00 The Brady Six
2:00-6:00 America's Game 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014 Patriots
6:00 Replay of Super Bowl LI

Set your DVRs!!

I just watched it again.....ok I just watched the 4th quarter again, and I guess its different now after you know the outcome, but some of those passes, were in a window the size of a mouse. One to Amendola on the sideline, one to Edelman over the middle, one Hogan made a great play to shield the defender. I mean it was just one after another. 3rd down after 3rd down, knowing if any of them fail, its over. Its just really hard to believe.

I'm still watching it over and over and what I keep coming back to is just how many really, really close plays there were that could have made the difference.

So, it's 3rd and 10 from our own 8 with time running out. Brady executes a fantastic, perfect pass to Hogan for a 1st down, but what I didn't see watching live was that the pressure on Brady was so close that I think the defender actually hit his arm during the throw.

Given that the pass was perfect, obviously things worked out, but a millisecond later and that pass can't happen. Could Brady have converted on 4th and 10? Nobody can say that he couldn't have, but.....

I'm almost afraid to keep notes on how many of these things there were. I want to say there were about 30 different times in the 2nd half alone where we were hanging by a thread. Like a video game where your health bar is just about out of juice and at the last second you find a magic egg and continue on. We kept getting extra lives.

Simply astonishing game. It'll be dissected and analyzed for a long, long time to come. I can't wait for the mic'd up version to drop.

No call out for James White?

The player that scored the winning TD.

The player that set a SB record for points scored.

The player that set a SB record for receptions.

Curious omission.

Holy crap. He should have been first. You are right. Thank you James White. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Me stupid.

I'm still watching it over and over and what I keep coming back to is just how many really, really close plays there were that could have made the difference.

So, it's 3rd and 10 from our own 8 with time running out. Brady executes a fantastic, perfect pass to Hogan for a 1st down, but what I didn't see watching live was that the pressure on Brady was so close that I think the defender actually hit his arm during the throw.

Given that the pass was perfect, obviously things worked out, but a millisecond later and that pass can't happen. Could Brady have converted on 4th and 10? Nobody can say that he couldn't have, but.....

I'm almost afraid to keep notes on how many of these things there were. I want to say there were about 30 different times in the 2nd half alone where we were hanging by a thread. Like a video game where your health bar is just about out of juice and at the last second you find a magic egg and continue on. We kept getting extra lives.

Simply astonishing game. It'll be dissected and analyzed for a long, long time to come. I can't wait for the mic'd up version to drop.

Mitchell falling down, getting up, and making the catch...if Ghost made the PAT, no OT needed...Brady holding onto the ball when sacked...Beasley non-INT in EZ...Brady's 15 yard run...

BB is a genius...every play matters.

Mitchell falling down, getting up, and making the catch...if Ghost made the PAT, no OT needed...Brady holding onto the ball when sacked...Beasley non-INT in EZ...Brady's 15 yard run...

BB is a genius...every play matters.

Not to pick a nit, but if Ghost makes that PAT, odds are we don't try for both 2 pt conversions after that and still end up tied into OT

I've watched the entire game 4x at this point. I'm sure I'll watch it at least a couple more. As I told O.Z.O. Jr., if I had to make a choice between this one and SB 36, I chose this one for so many reasons.

Oh yes, this one, the best. This team has finally chased the 04 Patriots from my heart as their best team ever, and the 03 one as my most favorite team ever. This game was the absolute example of "refusing to lose".

The NFL Network will provide Patriots coverage all afternoon and evening today so we can relive all the glory.

Set your DVRs!!

I think that 6:00 Replay tonight is just an hour long condensed version. The full game will be replayed this weekend. After the 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011 and 2014 games. I scanned the guide last night forever looking for the full game.

Oh yes, this one, the best. This team has finally chased the 04 Patriots from my heart as their best team ever, and the 03 one as my most favorite team ever. This game was the absolute example of "refusing to lose".
What I liked best was the fact that the Patriots were balling at the end of the game, and so-called faster, more athletic, more aggressive team was completely gassed.

Set your DVRs!!

My NFLN trailer has Sound FX - SB LI on at 8:00

A Silly Question

What I liked best was the fact that the Patriots were balling at the end of the game, and so-called faster, more athletic, more aggressive team was completely gassed.

So, how would you put together a team? Would you spend all sorts of money on a few star players? Or would you spread it around to get good linemen and second stringers who can step in and give the first string a breather without much drop off in play?

Think I read that 28 of the Pats players on this team were drafted from the 5th round-undrafted FA.
Absolutely amazing.

So, how would you put together a team? Would you spend all sorts of money on a few star players? Or would you spread it around to get good linemen and second stringers who can step in and give the first string a breather without much drop off in play?

Let me think about that in terms of the Patriots defensive linemen and edge rushers: Malcom Brown, Alan Branch, Trey Flowers, Vincent Valentine, Jabal Sheard, Rob Ninkovich, Chris Long. Plus the occasional Hightower blitz.

Mhhm, I think I'll will NOT go with the few star players approach. I will defer to the Bill Belichick method of team building.

Back