ULTIMATE 1980s Thread

An hirsute bald man.

I dispute the hirsute.

I hung out with A Flock of Seagulls in the 80s. Best fvcking decade. Period.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

IF I could go back to the 80's and repeat all or none of it I would repeat it all.

Even my mullet

Right on, Mikie.

The early 80's saw the end of the muscle cars. That was not a good thing. We got stuck with the boxy look that stemmed from the Chrysler K-car.

This is the first car I ever bought, ordered right from the factory ($7,500 delivered).
1980 Camaro Rally Sport, two toned blue.

I dispute the hirsute.

I've posted cruise pics on FB, hirsute fits.

There was a time when that was a good thing. But now all the girlie boys who been brought up on estrogen enhanced milk barely have a hair on their bodies. It's ruined it for us old-timers.

I dispute the hirsute.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Right on, Mikie.
Ali Score married the daughter of my friends (who have since moved to FL)

I dispute the hirsute.

Right on, Mikie.

You obviously have not seen the very rare pictures of bidfoot up in Yellowstone.

fullcolorpattersonfilmwalkacross-cropped-walk.gif

Here ya go.

Ali Score married the daughter of my friends (who have since moved to FL)

Mike, his lead singer brother, is also in Fl.

Damn, I miss the olden days.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Here ya go.

From the 70s, narrated by Lenard Nimoy......In Search Of.

Amazon Prime just put up the Talking Heads' concert movie Stop Making Sense.

The first bass line I ever learned to play was "Psycho Killer." I'm fairly certain I still have a crush on Tina Weymouth, in spite of the facts that (a) she's now in her mid-60s and (b) she's been happily married to the drummer Chris Frantz since I first starting crushing on her.

It's too bad that band ended the way they did. :sulk:

<iframe width="1344" height="840" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JCAaUyooKVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was just thinking of all the bands I got to see play live in the 1980s ... and I almost feel sorry for today's young folk.

At the Garden: U2, The Police, The Go-go's.
At the Cape Cod Coliseum: The Clash, Elvis Costello
In Springfield: The Police (a week after their Garden show)
Centrum in Worcester: Bruce Springsteen, Yes, INXS with Public Image Ltd, REM with 10,000 Maniacs
Pearl Street in Northampton: Modern English (I won the tickets by calling in to the Amherst College FM Station)
Great Woods in Mansfield: Echo and the Bunnymen with Gene loves Jezebel, Peter Gabriel
At UMass-Amherst: The Smithereens, Violent Femmes, INXS at the Student Union(!)

Not to mention the local bands that never seemed to go national, like The Neighborhoods, the Neats, Mission of Burma, Children of Paradise, etc.

When I was a kid, one of my best friends had an older brother of college age who saw The Cars play The Three Copper Men in Lowell. He said they covered a bunch of Queen songs, which makes sense, given the similarity in vocal harmonies between the two groups.

I was just thinking of all the bands I got to see play live in the 1980s ... and I almost feel sorry for today's young folk.

At the Garden: U2, The Police, The Go-go's.
At the Cape Cod Coliseum: The Clash, Elvis Costello
In Springfield: The Police (a week after their Garden show)
Centrum in Worcester: Bruce Springsteen, Yes, INXS with Public Image Ltd, REM with 10,000 Maniacs
Pearl Street in Northampton: Modern English (I won the tickets by calling in to the Amherst College FM Station)
Great Woods in Mansfield: Echo and the Bunnymen with Gene loves Jezebel, Peter Gabriel
At UMass-Amherst: The Smithereens, Violent Femmes, INXS at the Student Union(!)

Not to mention the local bands that never seemed to go national, like The Neighborhoods, the Neats, Mission of Burma, Children of Paradise, etc.

When I was a kid, one of my best friends had an older brother of college age who saw The Cars play The Three Copper Men in Lowell. He said they covered a bunch of Queen songs, which makes sense, given the similarity in vocal harmonies between the two groups.

Edit: Does anyone remember the James Montgomery Band? I went to pick up one of my drunk brothers at U-Lowell (now UMass Lowell) near the end of one of their concerts, and they sounded like a fun band. I think maybe they were eventually outshined in their department by J. Geils.

Back