Vick gets 6 year, $100 million extension, $40 million guaranteed

Reaction score
AdamSchefter The guaranteed money on Michael Vick's brand-spanking-new, 6-year, $100 million contract is about $40 million.

I'll be surprised if he is still in the league in 6 years. He'll barely be able to walk by then playing behind Philly's OL.

I'll be surprised if he is still in the league in 6 years. He'll barely be able to walk by then playing behind Philly's OL.

That's ok, when Vick gets too old and injured to play, we'll just hang him from a tree and beat him to death... Or drown him or something... Oh wait, that was his thing. Never mind. :coffee:

Vick was good the first half of last season before defenses adjusted to him and pretty much started shutting him down, I don't expect that to change this year.

AdamSchefter The guaranteed money on Michael Vick's brand-spanking-new, 6-year, $100 million contract is about $40 million.

Philly is sold on the Vick mystique. I can't wait to see Kolb do great and Vick falter. At least that is the scenario I am hoping for.

Philly is sold on the Vick mystique. I can't wait to see Kolb do great and Vick falter. At least that is the scenario I am hoping for.

Don't hold your breath. Kolb blows. By 2012 that trade will look like the rip off of the century.

I'm not going to rehash the whole dog-killer, legality, paid-his-penalty thing. Suffice to say I personally despise him and wish crippling injury upon him. As for the Eagles, I dislike them, too, so it wouldn't make me cry to see their money wasted.

Speaking as a football fan, without taking the person into account, he might be a decent QB for them, but I'm not sure he'll be worth that kind of money. But, hey, it ain't my money, and it's not the Patriots' money, so I don't give a shit.

Yeah, that one was 10 years, $130 million with $37 million guaranteed (an NFL record at the time).

Then he went bankrupt.

I'm assuming that isn't too much of a problem for him anymore. :coffee:

Thought so.

Follow up question: Has anyone else gotten 2 $100mm contracts in their career? In any sport, I mean.

A-Rod is one...and...

Thought so.

Follow up question: Has anyone else gotten 2 $100mm contracts in their career? In any sport, I mean.

A-Rod is one...and...

Uhhh, no, I don't think so, besides A-Rod.

As for the future...

Albert Pujols will get his second $100M contract this winter, though.

There's a chance that LeBron might be in line for another one in 2016.

Other than that, it's certainly a rarity. More fun trivia, neither Brady nor Manning has ever signed a $100M contract, and yet Vick has signed two.

More fun trivia, neither Brady nor Manning has ever signed a $100M contract, and yet Vick has signed two.

I can't wait for St. Dungy's .02 thoughts about this abomination.

The Eagles are most definitely in it to win it this year and Vick, who would be a FA after this year, had em over a barrel. Reid must know some really able O linemen are coming on the market. If not or if Vick plays below his contract, the Eagles fans will run him out of town the same way they ran McNabb out of town.

Back