Vrabel Fired!!

Good god.....Fired?? That seems very extreme. Who on earth could they be lining up? Can't be BB, can't see him going to Tenn.

You guys salivating yet?
awkward entertainment GIF

There's the new Patriots head coach, quite possibly

Why would we want Vrabes? Loved him as a player, but he's done nothing as a NFL coach.
6-11? With Henry, Hopkins, et al? No great QBs, of course.

But yeah, hard pass. I don’t see why people would think he’s an upgrade.

Why would we want Vrabes? Loved him as a player, but he's done nothing as a NFL coach.
6-11? With Henry, Hopkins, et al? No great QBs, of course.

But yeah, hard pass. I don’t see why people would think he’s an upgrade.
i adore vrabes. but b o'b was a better hc than he's been.

This is really interesting ...

Loved him as a player here but his record in Tenn is 2 very good years and 4 meh years. He did get more from Tannehill than I expected. Players seemed to really like him.
He built a culture of toughness. Leader characteristics. QB issues hurt him just like BB.

The AJ Brown trade without his knowledge pissed him off and I'm told he wanted to take over the GM duties for the Titans after GM Jon Robinson was fired but was rebuffed. Ran Carthon was hired & that was the beginning of the end for Vrabel in Tenn.

He'll be sought after as a HC so I don't know how he could be shoehorned in with Bill. Maybe GM? I could see it. If anyone could convince BB of the value of a great WR, Vrabel is the guy.
So many things for the Krafts to think about.

Loved him as a player here but his record in Tenn is 2 very good years and 4 meh years. He did get more from Tannehill than I expected. Players seemed to really like him.
He built a culture of toughness. Leader characteristics. QB issues hurt him just like BB.

The AJ Brown trade without his knowledge pissed him off and I'm told he wanted to take over the GM duties for the Titans after GM Jon Robinson was fired but was rebuffed. Ran Carthon was hired & that was the beginning of the end for Vrabel in Tenn.

He'll be sought after as a HC so I don't know how he could be shoehorned in with Bill. Maybe GM? I could see it. If anyone could convince BB of the value of a great WR, Vrabel is the guy.
So many things for the Krafts to think about.
I think he has the important quality of being able to connect with his players and get a lot out of them. As you said, he never had a good QB in Tenn so I think it is hard to judge him IMO. I would not be against it as we could do a lot worse. I still would rather have an offensive minded HC but I think Vrabel has the potential to be really good too. Plus, we have a monster draft coming with where we are picking, plus all the cap money too ...

I think he has the important quality of being able to connect with his players and get a lot out of them. As you said, he never had a good QB in Tenn so I think it is hard to judge him IMO. I would not be against it as we could do a lot worse. I still would rather have an offensive minded HC but I think Vrabel has the potential to be really good too. Plus, we have a monster draft coming with where we are picking, plus all the cap money too ...
so what your saying is that there is alot of goods things that the Pats have coming up that can make this a winning team?

BB was an average head coach before he came to Patriots. I'm game to give him a try if BB is gone, Still holding out hope the BB stays though.

He him on the defensive staff. Pay him what he wants.

Back