We ain't winning the Superbowl.

Pats are definitely the favorites, and should be - as should any team that earns a #1 seed.

Watching the Pats/Jets on Sunday was surprising to me, though; got me thinking about the "peaking too early" thread. But if I had to put money on it, I'd bet that it was just a bad game.

No such thing as peaking too early. Pats played the Jets in their coach's last home game in their "Super Bowl" on the road while missing several contributors out with injury. Last year's Pats team loses that game.

No doubt. When I watch Rex after any close loss to the Pats, it's clear how devastated he is. He's very obsessed w/ BB.

I wouldn't be shocked if he'd secretly rather sweep the Pats than win the SB.

In his defense, if you want to win the East (which you do) you almost have to beat the Patriots so he does at least have a reason for the obsession.

In his defense, if you want to win the East (which you do) you almost have to beat the Patriots so he does at least have a reason for the obsession.

Truth be told, I really like Rex as a coach. The Jets organization has given him almost nothing to work with; he had a great D when he started, but they've been bleeding talent ever since.

I always wonder what he could do w/ a team like the Colts. I'm really not sold at all on Pagano. He's in a situation very much like McCarthy, where he's guaranteed a certain # of wins just based on having a great QB.

Pats are definitely the favorites, and should be - as should any team that earns a #1 seed.

Watching the Pats/Jets on Sunday was surprising to me, though; got me thinking about the "peaking too early" thread. But if I had to put money on it, I'd bet that it was just a bad game.

The Jets ALWAYS (well, over 75% of the time anyway) play the Pats well. They just do. :coffee:

Similar to the Rams vs the Seachix.

Truth be told, I really like Rex as a coach. The Jets organization has given him almost nothing to work with; he had a great D when he started, but they've been bleeding talent ever since.

I always wonder what he could do w/ a team like the Colts. I'm really not sold at all on Pagano. He's in a situation very much like McCarthy, where he's guaranteed a certain # of wins just based on having a great QB.

I like Pagano and Grigson for that matter. Although if T-Rich is on the roster next season and the offensive line still sucks I reserve the right to change my mind.

I like Pagano and Grigson for that matter. Although if T-Rich is on the roster next season and the offensive line still sucks I reserve the right to change my mind.

Pagano has done a heck of a job. You guys are clearly headed in the right direction. ...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pagano has done a heck of a job. You guys are clearly headed in the right direction. ...
Posted via Mobile Device

Overall, I'm happy, but I am a little disappointed we haven't made more improvement this year. I was hoping we'd be able to consistantly compete with the cream of the league and right now we really can't (or at least havent.).

There is some fat that needs to be trimmed this offseason (Wayne, Richardson, Nicks off the top of my head) and we have got to get some consistency on the offensive line.

Defensively... I don't know. One week we're shutting out the Bengals and the next week we look like a JV squad chasing Jonas ****ing Grey all around the damn field.

Overall, I'm happy, but I am a little disappointed we haven't made more improvement this year. I was hoping we'd be able to consistantly compete with the cream of the league and right now we really can't (or at least havent.).

There is some fat that needs to be trimmed this offseason (Wayne, Richardson, Nicks off the top of my head) and we have got to get some consistency on the offensive line.

Defensively... I don't know. One week we're shutting out the Bengals and the next week we look like a JV squad chasing Jonas ****ing Grey all around the damn field.

BB just wanted to show Pagano your defensive weaknesses. It's all good. Rex showed us our make shift OL was ill prepared but now BB knows how to fix the communications issues.

... chasing Jonas ****ing Grey all around the damn field.
'
You were chasing him? Didn't see them. Then again, I was watching in standard def. Maybe if I was watching in HD...???

Cheers, BostonTim

'
You were chasing him? Didn't see them. Then again, I was watching in standard def. Maybe if I was watching in HD...???

Cheers, BostonTim

Hey, just because they were out of the frame doesn't mean we weren't chasing him...

'

Cheers, BostonTim

When are we going to stop saying "standard def?"
Doesn't pretty much everyone watch pretty much everything in HD these days?
Wouldn't that make HD today's "standard" def?

When are we going to stop saying "standard def?"
Doesn't pretty much everyone watch pretty much everything in HD these days?
Wouldn't that make HD today's "standard" def?
BT and family last Sunday night...:coffee:

1955-A-family-watching-te-006.jpg

Actually folks, I may be changing my mind...I think I've seen Seattle's downfall.

Hubris.

According to Michael Bennett.

"We're the best defense to ever play football. So when we play the way we play, the way we're capable of playing, whatever [Cardinals quarterback Ryan Lindley] did didn't really matter. When we line up and play the way we are capable of playing, I don't think anybody can play with us."

The 85 Bears would like word Michael, so would the 70's Steelers and quite a few others....

Gee, I wonder what Browner will bring to the table WHEN we play those guys... :)

Back