Week 13 Gamete Thread - @Bills, Mon Dec 6th, 8:15pm EST

Two things here.

Dion contracted COVID before the season began and it is thought that he may still be experiencing lingering after-effects. Not making excuses of any sort here, just trying to put a little context around a possibility for some of his struggles this season.

Also, we are just getting RT Spencer Brown back from COVID reserve. It is unknown whether or not he will be able to play this Monday night because I guess he has had a different illness that has been bothering him. Hopefully, he is good to go and not suffering from any after-effects of the 'rona.

Spencer Brown's PFF grade is 65.4 Your highest graded OL is Daryl Williams with 70.

NE's lowest graded Offensive lineman is 74. NE's highest graded OL is 88.5 and 2nd highest is 87.1

Every starting NE O Lineman and 2 backups are graded higher than Buffalo's highest graded OL, Daryl Williams' 70.

Spencer Brown's PFF grade is 65.4 Your highest graded OL is Daryl Williams with 70.

NE's lowest graded Offensive lineman is 74. NE's highest graded OL is 88.5 and 2nd highest is 87.1

Every starting NE O Lineman and 2 backups are graded higher than Buffalo's highest graded OL, Daryl Williams' 70.
Yeah... don't put too much stock in the PFF metrics. They are a nice item in the basket of stats but their algos are so convoluted. Sometimes and in some regards, they are just crap.

That said, yes, our Oline leaves a bit to be desired. Our main line has only played together for three games this season though. Spence is a rook that looks like he is going to have a pretty good career ahead of him. Williams was our RT last year and was pretty good. With Ford's struggles and Brown's emergence, Darryl has moved inside. Our center Morse is not really a physical guy, more of a cerebral pass blocker that gets the calls right. I mentioned Dion's troubles a couple of posts above. There is no doubt we could be better there. Hopefully, this is an area of focus for McBeane this off-season.

Josh McDaniels said:
“They just don’t give up many easy plays and they’re one of the best teams we’ll play this year in terms of limiting big production. They force you to be disciplined, they force you to execute play after play, they force you to drive the football,”
🤔 this is what the Pats O is good at, minus the rz td production.

This is simply childish.

Yeah... don't put too much stock in the PFF metrics. They are a nice item in the basket of stats but their algos are so convoluted. Sometimes and in some regards, they are just crap.

That said, yes, our Oline leaves a bit to be desired. Our main line has only played together for three games this season though. Spence is a rook that looks like he is going to have a pretty good career ahead of him. Williams was our RT last year and was pretty good. With Ford's struggles and Brown's emergence, Darryl has moved inside. Our center Morse is not really a physical guy, more of a cerebral pass blocker that gets the calls right. I mentioned Dion's troubles a couple of posts above. There is no doubt we could be better there. Hopefully, this is an area of focus for McBeane this off-season.

Yeah, I guess that's why all 32 NFL teams subscribe to PFF's advanced metrics.

Vegas betting.
66% of the money is on Pats to win.
70% of the tickets are on the Patriots.

How much money did you spend in FA again? :unsure:
Yeah the Pats went with the 1 year plan instead of the Bills 25 year plan of doing it the "right" way(who have yet to win anything), congratulations. I guess after losing so many players(and coaches) to FA the last 20 years the Pats decided to flip the script in a one year extravaganza. Which more often than not fails miserably except the only other time the Pats did similar in 2001, and we know how that ended and how the next 20 years went. Don't worry though, I don't think BB has another 20 years in him.

Last edited:
My point is that the hoodie was never before so active in free agency. Of course, when you have the GOAT at the most important position on your team, I suppose it affords you the luxury.

How long did it take the Bills to become relevant again? I don't have to tell you, you know, but to answer, too fucking long. But I'll tell you this, The Bills Mafia and Bills Fans everywhere are tried and true. We are not what some fan bases have as far as fair-weather fans go. Win or lose, we are behind our team, 1000%, year in and year out.
That’s baloney. You had empty seats in the upper deck there 10 years ago.

This whole Bills Mafia crap, which is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen, which makes no sense, is beyond forced and lame.

Jumping off of tables liked fratboys and spraying ketchup all over the place means you’re low class and childish. It doesn’t mean much else.

You’re basically one small notch above Jets fans which isn’t saying much.

Last edited:
If McDermott is smart he will sell out to stop our running game and put the game on Mac's shoulders. That's what I'd do in his position.
In that case, McD will still run enough to keep it legit but use the short passing game with PA to move the chains just as if he were running the ball.
Imo, Mac has shown enough poise to pull it off plus make some chunk throws along the way.

What do you think?
I think this just plays into playaction and Mac Jones being a really good player and getting the ball to different guys.

I get your point, but I welcome that approach. If Mac needs to throw 40 times vs Levi Wallace and an overrated secondary, I am all for it.

There are also many who said his arm wasn't good enough. LOL
Ceiling? He's gotten better and better with each game so was his ceiling his 1st game or his 12th game?
In his rookie year he's already surpassed what Brady did in Brady's 2nd year.
He leads the league in throwing 85% catchable balls.
14% of his throws are completed into tight windows. That's more than Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Matthew Stafford, Kyler Murray & Josh Allen.
His PFF grade of 86.9 is 4th in the league. Only Brady, Cousins and Herbert are ahead of him.
Over his last 6 games Mac has the 2nd highest Passer Rating in the league.

Know thy enemy. You might want to watch this short video to know Mac better.

It's not a linear progression - at least necessarily. I've seen many say that because Mac is playing better as a rookie than Brady did, he'll naturally progress the same way. But we don't know - scouts DID say he was the most pro ready. He may get a lot better - or he may not.

It's quite the hype so far, which is fine. But as much as we know about Jones, there is a lot we don't know.

Pats fans should be thrilled. I don't think there is much doubt he'll be your QB for years into the future, which already puts that franchise far ahead of so many others who had long searches. But to imply that it's a "just add water" thing for another 2 decade run? Could happen.

It's not a linear progression - at least necessarily. I've seen many say that because Mac is playing better as a rookie than Brady did, he'll naturally progress the same way. But we don't know - scouts DID say he was the most pro ready. He may get a lot better - or he may not.

It's quite the hype so far, which is fine. But as much as we know about Jones, there is a lot we don't know.

Pats fans should be thrilled. I don't think there is much doubt he'll be your QB for years into the future, which already puts that franchise far ahead of so many others who had long searches. But to imply that it's a "just add water" thing for another 2 decade run? Could happen.

Mac is playing better than Brady in many categories and he's right there with Brady in a lot of others right now. TDs? No. Because the Pats don't have the plethora of weapons TBay has and the Pats have a run first offense right now.

I'm very happy with Mac's progress and until he stops progressing I will continue to think he'll continue to progress.

Last edited:
Cool. Being a Bills Fan has ingrained within me an appreciation of and for those who stick things out through thick and thin (or maybe that was ingrained by my parents and has spilled over into my fandom?). Glad to hear that many here have been fans since before that blue moon event in 2000.

I don't blame you for enjoying the last 20. Hell, we would too. Regarding the next 20, just me but I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. The odds of you guys hitting that blue moon twice in a row has to be astronomical. The GOAT doesn't come along and get lucked into by the same team twice in a row. Not to mention that there are also those who say that what you are seeing from MJ now, is his ceiling. Time will tell I guess.

Lol. Anyone who thinks that a rookie is already at their ceiling are uneducated schmucks.
And even hinting at that idea lumps you in with them. No one with any intelligence thinks that Mac can’t improve his arm strength, for example. Just like Brady did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How much money did you spend in FA again? :unsure:
We spend to the cap. Some dead money, some deferred money, but every dollar we are allowed to spend, we do. The careful and consistent spending on FA and extensions of selected players is the reason we dominated the division for 20 years and are about to embark on another 20 years.

Slightly out of character for the hoodie to spend so lavishly, isn't it?
Assuming this is a serious question: He's done it before.

This time he pushed a lot of money into the future to support Brady's last year here. It didn't pay off as we went one-and-done Brady's last year, but it was still the right decision. Last year the bills came due and we here hamstrung with dead money. We were actually fortunate that 8 players opted out and that we got a QB for peanuts, or we would have been drafting a LOT higher.

Once the dead money was paid and some expensive contracts ran out, BB had a record amount of money. He had the money to spend and he did what he has always done: spent it on the best players he could find. The success rate in the NFL for FAs and draft picks is about 50%. Last year Belichick made some exceptional FA signings and incredible draft picks. He knocked FA and the draft out of the park.

But I doubt it was a serious question.

How long did it take the Bills to become relevant again? I don't have to tell you, you know, but to answer, too fucking long.
No, 'too fucking long' implies you have become relevant again. You won the division exactly ONE year. The Browns won their division last year. You believe they are on the rise also. Right now you two are both outliers. I'm not talking smack. Just pointing out the reality of the situation. One year does not a dynasty make.

Morse played well against us last year, but we have a lot more beef in the middle of the DL this season with 3 new guys that have played over the nose in Christian Barmore, Carl Davis and Davon Godchaux. Two weeks ago versus Atlanta we gave their Center, Matt Hennessey a very long evening. He wasn't nearly strong enough to handle any of those 3 and was often knocked into the backfield and we shut them out at home for the first time in 260-something games. Atlanta totaled 40 yards on the ground. Morse is a better player, but that area bears watching.

I think this is a great matchup and, as usual when we play the Bills up there, the intensity will be huge. This time, so are the stakes.

I can't remember a time when these two teams have been as closely matched and I expect a war.

Wars are won in the trenches.

I don't mean to pick nits here, but if there was "hype" on Jones it was that he has a weak arm, can't run and was carried by his talented teammates at 'Bama. The hype on him was negative and has
only recently spun in the other direction because the talking heads have been forced to reverse field by what he is accomplishing. None of it is by accident, but your guys will see that in a couple
of weeks.

As far as 2 decades? I'm on to Buffalo, but I've seen enough about Mac to feel very confident that he is driven to improve and figures everything out at a rate which, if not unprecedented, is extremely unusual. My two cents are that he isn't even close to where he will end up.

No offense, but this means you think BB and McDaniels aren’t good coaches, which us obviously dumb.

Brady didn’t progress in NE because he was made in a lab nor was it an accident.

No, 'too fucking long' implies you have become relevant again. You won the division exactly ONE year. The Browns won their division last year. You believe they are on the rise also. Right now you two are both outliers. I'm not talking smack. Just pointing out the reality of the situation. One year does not a dynasty make.
The Steelers won the AFC North last year.

Back