WEEK 14 • THURSDAY NIGHT - New England Patriots AT Los Angeles Rams

Figured I would get this thread going given the 4 day turn around. Feel good about our D vs their O. Don't feel great about our O vs their D. Still very winnable but probably our toughest game left.

Bad fit for the offense. I mean, it’s one thing to have a dynamic running game...like the Ravens and the Browns...but those teams CAN also beat you through the air. The Pats passing game scares nobody. I was so hoping this would work out but it isn’t. If Cam was making anything beyond the vet minimum i’d be in favor of cutting him...today even.

It was a great tailgate. The fire was roaring and the game looked great on the big screen. Then.......we went from a potential 3 point game to a 17 point game in seconds and the die was cast and everybody left around the start of the 4th quarter. I couldn't blame anybody, because they basically exposed us as a team that can't compete with a good team. Any dreams of sneaking into the playoffs and scaring a few folks disappeared as fast as the bright sparks rising from the fire. Pfffffffft. Gone.

Rather than a lengthy post-mortem, which would serve to revisit the agony, I'd just like to address a few positives from the evening.

1. Josh Uche. He continues to show that by this time next year he'll likely be one of those guys that other teams have but we never seem to. An all-down guy that can give us a TJ Watt or Von Miller impact on opponent's QBs. He also shows fine balance and speed to hunt running backs and seems to be able to cover, too. Not just a one-trick pony edge rusher. I couldn't be more impressed with him.

2. Jake Bailey. In a year when the offense has looked as overmatched as a Q-tip trying to clean Andrew Siciliano's ears, the punter has arguably been our biggest weapon and MVP. That's 2020 for you in a nutshell.

How does a 6’5” QB have so many of his passes blocked? Cam has to be #1 in the league in blocked passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does a 6’5” QB have so many of his passes blocked? Cam has to be #1 in the league in blocked passes.

He had to change his throwing motion because of the shoulder surgery.

Last edited:
It surprised me bc the Rams DL absolutely dominated our OL which is supposed to be a top 5 unit.
It surprised me bc when the Rams opened the game by switching from outside zone runs, their bread and butter, to inside counters it took our DC a full half to adjust to it.
We lost that game in the trenches. They controlled the line of scrimmage from every pov.
Their energy was at 100% while ours was maybe 70%.
It's not very often BB is outcoached but he was last night.
Sweet revenge I guess for McVay but the SB win meant far more.
This is what happens. When you face a good defense. That can take away your strength on offense . I wasn't surprised . When I woke up watched the highlights.

J. J. Watt blocked two with his ballbag and another couple with various other body parts, seemed like. I don't know what the final count was but I don't ever remember seeing one particular DL swat that many passes in one game. Had to be three or four.

I don't know much about anything, but I wonder what the stopwatch types would say about how long it takes him to release the ball. It seems like a painfully slow process ending in a headwhip on everything over 15 yards. I think the lack of quicks getting the ball away is a big reason why he's getting so many slapdowns.

I could be wrong but i seem to recall tb going through a short stretch like that a few seasons ago. he was good about getting his mechanics tweaked with his outside coaches so it didn't last long.

I have no idea what you mean. I don't think it's my reading comprehension, either, but I might rethink my thoughts on that.

No offense, but you seem to post an awful lot and so far there doesn't seem to be a lot of reason for me to tune in all that close.

I've been pretty supportive of Cam, but I am starting to feel like it might be time to give Stidham more opportunity.
Is there an injury that could be affecting his throwing effectiveness? I heard someone talk he may have some type of abdominal injury? He looks like he is not using his legs when he throws, its all (awkward) arm. He seems to be holding the ball a long time reading the D and then getting either buried or picked. For a 30,000 yd career passer there doesn't seem to be a lot going downfield, compressing the field for the D.. That combined with a running game that only goes tackle wide and the Pats are getting stuffed at the line a lot. Then Stidham comes in and starts zipping passes all over the place. The difference is stark.

Back