Week 14 other games

The thing getting completely lost from all of Reid and Mahomes' crying - neither QB had a particularly good day yesterday. Allen had a 68.8 rating, and Mahomes was 74.8. A classic Brady/Manning matchup it was not.
The second half of was a game of which team wanted to lose the game more. It was fitting that the game ended on a silly mental error as that pretty much summed up the level of ineptitude on display.

The better game by far was Seattle/San Fran and Seattle didn't even have Geno.

one sports show had a former coach or player (forget who but someone you'd listen to if they say something) and said KC misses Bienemy in practices as he was supposedly tough on players and didn't stand for mental mistakes. That would seem to fit with the sloppy play seen by KC offense at times.

The thing getting completely lost from all of Reid and Mahomes' crying - neither QB had a particularly good day yesterday. Allen had a 68.8 rating, and Mahomes was 74.8. A classic Brady/Manning matchup it was not.
That's fairly shocking, This was a prime-time game between the two big AFC heavyweights (so-called) who are supposed to have the two best QBs in the league.

one sports show had a former coach or player (forget who but someone you'd listen to if they say something) and said KC misses Bienemy in practices as he was supposedly tough on players and didn't stand for mental mistakes. That would seem to fit with the sloppy play seen by KC offense at times.
Makes you appreciate even more what the Pats did over 20 years with a carousel of coordinators on both sides of the ball.

lol the chiefs literally got the o.t. rule changed after they lost to the pats
#stayinyourlanecollagenlippedbitch

They changed the rules on Brady/The Patriots twice in order to give other teams a chance to beat them. Brady still won 7 rings.

Fuck 'em all. They shot at the king.

The state of QB play in the NFL at present is sad. There isn't anyone that would be in the Brady / Manning / Brees / Rodgers / Roethlisberger conversation of just a few years ago.

The state of QB play in the NFL at present is sad. There isn't anyone that would be in the Brady / Manning / Brees / Rodgers / Roethlisberger conversation of just a few years ago.

I just posted this elsewhere, but it seems to fit here, too:

KC/Mahomes is being blessed by the aging/retirement of Manning/Brady/Roethlisberger. It's left the AFC with no QB who can challenge Mahomes for supremacy.

Allen - Chucklehead
Burrow - Injury prone
Jackson - Runner playing QB, too limited a passer
Tua - Too limited and dependent upon everything being right, injury prone
Herbert - Not capable of overcoming deficiencies enough to challenge
Lawrence - Improving, but not there (at least yet)
Stroud - Rookie, not there (at least yet)

We all saw Mahomes v. Brady multiple times, and we saw that Brady had the edge, even at his advanced playing age. But with Brady gone, what Mahomes doesn't have now is the guy who can pull off 206, 2013, 2015 (however you read the breaks having had to go Peyton's way). Until things change, all Mahomes has to deal with in today's NFL is a bunch of Eli's (guys who can go on a run, but are not legitimately consisted QB elites).

Mahomes isn't Brady, but he doesn't have to be, because of the state of the league at QB.

Also just saw the All-22, Toney doesn't look toward the side judge once - so basically, everything Mahomes and Reid talked about yesterday was complete and utter bullshit. The talking heads are going to have a field day with this, and they already are.

below excerpt from this KC Beat Writer: Matt Derrick

xxxxGBCHDZtXoAAY29c.jpg
"....if they looked for alignment advice....." :)

You think?

I remember many Pats fans didn't speak quite as highly about most of the guys you list when they were playing. Things tend to get mythologized a bit as time goes on. Mahomes and Allen weren't good yesterday, but they've already had a few legendary battles, and there is a pretty good list of QB's who are also at a high level generally, like Burrow, Jackson, Tua, Prescott, even Stroud now.

Brady's a legend - I'd agree no one is at his level. But otherwise, I don't see a huge dropoff between the last era and this one.

You think?

I remember many Pats fans didn't speak quite as highly about most of the guys you list when they were playing. Things tend to get mythologized a bit as time goes on. Mahomes and Allen weren't good yesterday, but they've already had a few legendary battles, and there is a pretty good list of QB's who are also at a high level generally, like Burrow, Jackson, Tua, Prescott, even Stroud now.

Brady's a legend - I'd agree no one is at his level. But otherwise, I don't see a huge dropoff between the last era and this one.
There’s always going to be a bit of revisionist history from the past.

BUT, the new rules have clearly put the advantage towards the QB’s. At least the stats part.

You think?

There is a huge drop off IMO in the quality of the game which I see as separate from the QBs. The rule changes along with the college concepts migrating to the NFL have changed the game organically. I agree with Brady that there is a lot of mediocrity and overall horrible coaching in today's game.

You think?

You're kidding, right?

Brady
Peyton
Roethlisberger
Rodgers
Warner
and there may be some other(s) that I'm not thinking of at this moment.

Hell, even Eli managed to show up big time in the playoffs, twice. Outside of Mahomes, where are the players at, or even near, that level today?

Back