Week 17 Other Games : Black Monday to follow

Saints expected to ask for 2nd round pick for Sean Payton

I saw this actual crawl (pretty much verbatim) on NFLN this morning:
Dolphins will interview interim HC Dan Campbell for their HC position Friday. The Dolphins Front office does not believe that Campbell is head coaching material.

WAIT WUT????? ROFL

It's a toss up what black Monday thing is the funniest so far, this one, Harbaugh tweeting out a troll on the Niners, or the fact Duce Staley got a HC interview.

I saw this actual crawl (pretty much verbatim) on NFLN this morning:
Dolphins will interview interim HC Dan Campbell for their HC position Friday. The Dolphins Front office does not believe that Campbell is head coaching material.

WAIT WUT????? ROFL

It's a toss up what black Monday thing is the funniest so far, this one, Harbaugh tweeting out a troll on the Niners, or the fact Duce Staley got a HC interview.

Waste some of his precious time as a parting gift? :spock:

Cheers, BostonTim

I thought you couldn't trade pics for coaches anymore.

You can't do it directly anymore, it stopped after KC traded for Herm Edwards.
It's now viewed as "compensation" for a HC under contract. The new team has to do a new contract, I believe.
I think that's stupid, personally. I think if a team wants to trade draft picks directly for a HC, why not? In fact, I think they should be allowed to use draft picks to trade for any FO personnel.

Reports say Johnny Manziel has been in meetings with Haslam all morning.
1 miscreant to another.

LOLOLOL!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-threatens-some-poor-qb-with-the-second-pick/

Of all the things Browns owner Jimmy Haslam doesn’t know, the location of quarterback Johnny Manziel is definitely on the list.

But Haslam does have an idea how he might replace him, if it comes to that.

Via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Haslam said he agreed with left tackle Joe Thomas that quarterback was the most important position on the team, adding a warning shot of his own.

“I don’t think there is anything that compares to it in professional sports in terms of importance to a team,” Haslam said. “Joe has been around the game. He’s smart. He’s exactly right. . . .

“We do have the second pick in the draft.”

So, with apologies to Jared Goff or Paxton Lynch or whoever else the homeless guy tells Haslam to draft, it sounds like there’s another quarterback on the way.

Dolphins name Chris Grier General Manager.

Mike Shanahan to interview Tuesday.

Maybe Campbell and Marino want to trade dip recipes before they part ways

Titans will not renew contract of GM Ruston Webster

Mike Milarkey will interview for HC

Eff that, you want to face the Cutblock McKneeInjuries twice a year?

Tough call. On the plus side, Shanahan will in all likelihood get Tannehill killed and will have completely destroyed whatever may be left of the Dolphins within 3 years. He was a train wreck here, and it's a real testament to Gruden as to how fast he got things turned around.

Back