Week 17 Other Games : Black Monday to follow

Tough call. On the plus side, Shanahan will in all likelihood get Tannehill killed and will have completely destroyed whatever may be left of the Dolphins within 3 years. He was a train wreck here, and it's a real testament to Gruden as to how fast he got things turned around.
Tannehill is already broken, no need to break the knees of our OL any worse than normal just for the sake of seeing that ship twirl around the bowl

Shananahan ( :) ) is a very good offensive mind, but don't give him any input into personnel. Well, I take that back, DEFENSIVE personnel. After all it is solely due to Shanny that the Redskins have a viable starting QB. I've never thought Shanny was a great HC, but he could be my OC any day.

Shananahan ( :) ) is a very good offensive mind, but don't give him any input into personnel. Well, I take that back, DEFENSIVE personnel. After all it is solely due to Shanny that the Redskins have a viable starting QB. I've never thought Shanny was a great HC, but he could be my OC any day.

I guess I just see it through a different prism having lived it here. I do give Shanahan credit for Cousins, would probably have been his guy if he hadn't had RGIII forced on him. He also drafted Alfred Morris and Jordan Reed.

Giants players certainly talking like Coughlin is gone.

I guess I just see it through a different prism having lived it here. I do give Shanahan credit for Cousins, would probably have been his guy if he hadn't had RGIII forced on him. He also drafted Alfred Morris and Jordan Reed.

I hear you , and you definitely had a closer eye on it than I did.

I think Shanny is the one who made RGIII look viable in the first place with the way he handled him and the play calling when RGIII was a rookie. I was never impressed with him (RGIII) as a player. He looked very robotic to me as a rookie. Then clueless once Shanny was trying to get away from the concepts he used with RGIII as a rookie.

Giants players certainly talking like Coughlin is gone.

I think the bringing his whole family to the game yesterday is what did it for me. He's done. I even heard (maybe via Scheftie this AM on M & M) that Coughlin did not attend the NYG Christmas party which was unusual for him.

Rappaport saying Coughlin is stepping down/resigning.

Statement from Tom Coughlin

Posted 5 minutes ago
giants.png
Giants.com Latest News

Tom Coughlin released a statement Monday, and will step down as head coach of the Giants

coughlin-122315.jpg

“I met with John Mara and Steve Tisch this afternoon, and I informed them that it is in the best interest of the organization that I step down as head coach. I strongly believe the time is right for me and my family, and as I said, the Giants organization.

“It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as head coach of the New York Football Giants. This is a not a sad occasion for me. I have spent 15 years with this organization as an assistant and head coach and was fortunate to be part of three Super Bowl winning teams. A Lombardi Trophy every five years is an achievement in which we all take great pride.

“Obviously, the past three years have not been what any of us expect, and as head coach, I accept the responsibility for those seasons.

“I think it has been evident these last 12 years here how much pride I take in representing this franchise. I am gratified and proud that we were able to deliver two more Lombardi trophies to the display case in our lobby during that time. That is a tribute to our players and staff, and it was truly fulfilling to be the leader of those teams.

“I appreciate the support of John and his family and Steve and his family, and of Jerry Reese and his staff. I think our organization is a great representation of what I mean when I talk about ‘team’.

“Finally, I would be remiss if I did not thank my wife Judy and our four children and their spouses and our 11 (soon to be 12) grandchildren. None of this would have been possible without their unconditional love and support.”

He deserves the respect to resign rather than be fired. I hope he stays retired and enjoys his family rather than go to some crap team and tear his remaining hair out.

He deserves the respect to resign rather than be fired.
Agreed.

Here's what I would imagine it went like:
TC: you gonna fire Reese and get me a real personnel guy?
Mara/Tisch: No
TC: ok byebye

He's too old to hang around until they fire Reese AND FIGURE OUT WHY THEY ALWAYS HAVE 457,236,311 injuries every.single.year.

Colts announce that there will be no announcement tonight regarding Pagano.

Colts announce that there will be no announcement tonight regarding Pagano.

Could they be negotiating with the Saints about Payton and are hanging Pagano out in the wind in case it falls through?

Could they be negotiating with the Saints about Payton and are hanging Pagano out in the wind in case it falls through?

I don't think so although I suppose it's possible. My thought it they're going back and forth about the role Ryan Grigson has moving forward,
Although thats possibly just wishful thinking on my part.

Back