Week 18 Dolphins Gamete thread

Just checked the injury reports for both teams.
Every Dophins player was listed as full practice except Parker who was given the day off.
Dugger did not practice with a hand injury. A long list of Patriots players were shown as limited.

Perspective

Tagovailoa hasn’t shown himself to be a franchise quarterback.

Sure, the Dolphins had a stretch where they won seven straight games but remember, Tua only started five of those, and here are the opposing quarterbacks he beat in that stretch:
Joe Flacco (Jets),
Cam Newton (Panthers),
Mike Glennon (Giants),
Zach Wilson (Jets) and
Ian Book (Saints).

In last week’s 34-3 loss to the Titans, which broke the Dolphins’ win streak, Tua was 18-for-38 for 205 yards with an interception and four sacks. Tagovailoa may be an NFL starting quarterback, but it looks like he'll never be an elite QB.

Perspective

Tagovailoa hasn’t shown himself to be a franchise quarterback.

Sure, the Dolphins had a stretch where they won seven straight games but remember, Tua only started five of those, and here are the opposing quarterbacks he beat in that stretch:
Joe Flacco (Jets),
Cam Newton (Panthers),
Mike Glennon (Giants),
Zach Wilson (Jets) and
Ian Book (Saints).

In last week’s 34-3 loss to the Titans, which broke the Dolphins’ win streak, Tua was 18-for-38 for 205 yards with an interception and four sacks. Tagovailoa may be an NFL starting quarterback, but it looks like he'll never be an elite QB.

Not to mention they seem to run RPO's almost exclusively, which limits deep shots. Waddle's deep threat ability is wildly underutilized because of Tua.

Here let me reciprocate

Wow, as Patriots fans we were totally unaware! Thanks so much for your input!
Hey, no problem! In case you needed a reminder ;)
d73365c180a5ee698e18ba70ca70fc88.gif

No one is talking

They have shown him to have a hand injury all week.
I had seen the hand injury designation and hadn’t heard anything other than that. I don’t recall seeing him injured during the game either. 2/3’s were in given the score so no reason the “miss” him.

It is amazing how far he has come and the subsequent importance he is to the D.

He is the anti-Harry.

Hopefully, this is just caution at work rather than something serious. I don’t like that it has been hush, hush.

Back