Week 3 Game Thread- New England at NY Jets @1:00 PM

i would rather they try to be competitive because of how it would affect the team's mentality. i don't think you can isolate a position and what you have to do to improve it from the rest of the team. if they think mac isn't it,i'd rather they be as competitive as they can, then trade future draft picks to move up after the season is over.

A normal GM would trade up for that. Problem is Bill would never do that. I was all for doing what it took to get Lawrence for what it's worth too. That Cam year was worthless.

A normal GM would trade up for that. Problem is Bill would never do that. I was all for doing what it took to get Lawrence for what it's worth too. That Cam year was worthless.
the cam year was mostly due to a shitty cap situation iirc. i am guessing they didn't like anyone in the draft in 2020 so stopgapped until 2021. kind of like they did with patricia and judge coaching offense until BO'B shook free.

the cam year was mostly due to a shitty cap situation iirc. i am guessing they didn't like anyone in the draft in 2020 so stopgapped until 2021. kind of like they did with patricia and judge coaching offense until BO'B shook free.

The Cam year, and the years since are Bill chasing Shula, not about winning titles which would explain clawing for every win he can get. If the Pats had won maybe 2 more games last year and got blown out in the wild card round, they probably don't get Gonzalez.

Would anyone trade a playoff loss for Gonzalez?

What's Bills record post he who shall not be named? I will be waiting.
4 super bowls directly and largely attributed to Bill. 1-3,6.

2 others he just happened to be the HC and GM. Just lucked out I guess.

2 others he was the DC. Again, lucky.

This is all easily available on the intetwebs.

But, what does he know?

I mean, are you available and does Mr. Kraft know if you are?

4 super bowls directly and largely attributed to Bill. 1-3,6.

2 others he just happened to be the HC and GM. Just lucked out I guess.

2 others he was the DC. Again, lucky.

This is all easily available on the intetwebs.

But, what does he know?

I mean, are you available and does Mr. Kraft know if you are?
I see you didn't answer my question. Still waiting.

Just read that Sauce Gardner is accusing Mac of hitting him in his "private parts".
Sauce said that Mac "was trying to prevent him from having kids in the future".
Well, it's not the first time Mac has been accused of questionable play (AKA cheap shots).

Anyone note that Vaderian Lowe replaced Calvin Anderson at RT? Anderson has played poorly the last 2 games, imo. Lowe played better today at RT than we saw in the first 2 games.
Maybe this OL is finally coming together.
I will answer your question about why some of us aren’t responding ….. this is why nothing is good enough. I was a Pats fan since I was 7 years old lol. I find a ton to be excited about but whatever.

See above…

~Dee~

Last edited:
The Cam year, and the years since are Bill chasing Shula, not about winning titles which would explain clawing for every win he can get. If the Pats had won maybe 2 more games last year and got blown out in the wild card round, they probably don't get Gonzalez.

Would anyone trade a playoff loss for Gonzalez?
i get how you're thinking for sure based on what the results have been. i hope bb is still coaching to try to win titles though. i think he respects the game too much just to stay in it for that.

Very good. (y) Although I wouldn't put Alex Smith with that bunch.
I believe Mac is good enough to take us to the top tier, but he will need the type of OL that the Patriots consistantly provided for TFB.

Precisely.

I will answer your question about why some of of us aren’t responding ….. this is why nothing is good enough. I was a Pats fan since I was 7 years old lol. I find a ton to be excited about but whatever.

See above…

~Dee~

Wrong I call out good stuff when there is good stuff. Gonzo, is a stud. I haven't seen a CB start is fast and looks so good. I am excited about the D. It imo when healthy is close if not an elite title level defense. What they did to Miami not even at full strength tells that story, and their D will keep them in almost if not all game this year.

You cannot just gloss over the adequate at best QB play, and it isn't all on the receiving core. He is far better than Wilson but that isn't saying much. The NFL is business, Kraft wants playoff wins, and as constituted and performing this team doesn't get him that, 3 years running. At some point something has to give but too many people are too busy defending Mac that they can't think about how to fix it, or rather what they would do to fix it because that is what's holding this team back.

what i am not convinced of yet is if mac is the part that is unsalvageable or not. the pats can keep him relatively cheaply for 2 more years so they still have flexibility.

I see you didn't answer my question. Still waiting.
I answered your question with 8 Super Bowls. 4 of Brady's (let's be honest, that is who you are fighting for here) he loses 100% w/o Belichick.

So, how does Brady do for 20 YEARS w/o Belichick. Hint: 19-3.

Last edited:
Anyone note that Vaderian Lowe replaced Calvin Anderson at RT? Anderson has played poorly the last 2 games, imo. Lowe played better today at RT than we saw in the first 2 games.
Maybe this OL is finally coming together.
Absolutely did notice. And you are right.

Wrong I call out good stuff when there is good stuff. Gonzo, is a stud. I haven't seen a CB start is fast and looks so good. I am excited about the D. It imo when healthy is close if not an elite title level defense. What they did to Miami not even at full strength tells that story, and their D will keep them in almost if not all game this year.

You cannot just gloss over the adequate at best QB play, and it isn't all on the receiving core. He is far better than Wilson but that isn't saying much. The NFL is business, Kraft wants playoff wins, and as constituted and performing this team doesn't get him that, 3 years running. At some point something has to give but too many people are too busy defending Mac that they can't think about how to fix it, or rather what they would do to fix it because that is what's holding this team back.
Wow wasn’t speaking about you lol but great….

~Dee~

i get how you're thinking for sure based on what the results have been. i hope bb is still coaching to try to win titles though. i think he respects the game too much just to stay in it for that.
To even suggest otherwise is ridiculous. You are on the right track HSanders.

For a win a lot of negativity. It is a long season. Maybe this is just one of those. ‘ugly wins’ you need to get on the road in bad weather
Actually, I think the thread is full of positivity with one exception who is not a fan.

Back