Week 6 Gamate Thread Patriots @ Raiders 4:05 CBS

Yes, it acutually is. Mac just had the misfortune of coming to a place where a statistically insignificant, yet very vocal, portion of the fanbase (and I employ that term loose!y) will never be satisfied by anyone at the QB position other than Tom Brady. Those fake Patriot fans will root against every successor to Brady forever. We all know who those phony fans are and they're not fooling anyone. They're just dishonest.
Well, that's just not true. The vocal Brady fanbois here were a small minority, and we all know who they are/were. I wasn't one of them, and neither were many here. I liked the Mac pick at the time, and supported him and was desperate for him to succeed. But have just seen what others have seen: a regression and the painful realization that he is a shockingly average to poor quarterback. As a Patriot fan, I was willing to scoff and sneer at fans from other teams who would come here and tell us how ordinary Mac was. I didn't want to believe it. But there comes a point where even a die-hard fan has to see what is staring him in the face.

I was wrong about him, and it's time to move on IMHO.

Well, that's just not true. The vocal Brady fanbois here were a small minority, and we all know who they are/were. I wasn't one of them, and neither were many here. I liked the Mac pick at the time, and supported him and was desperate for him to succeed. But have just seen what others have seen: a regression and the painful realization that he is a shockingly average to poor quarterback. As a Patriot fan, I was willing to scoff and sneer at fans from other teams who would come here and tell us how ordinary Mac was. I didn't want to believe it. But there comes a point where even a die-hard fan has to see what is staring him in the face.

You're certainly allowed to have your opinion and I'd rather have your view of the future be correct than mine. But, I honestly believe that no QB will ever be good enough for those who worship Tom Brady. I also believe that with another significant percentage of fans no head coach will ever be able to adequately replace Bill Belichick. The scorn the haters currently have for him will fade over time and his greatness will be sorely missed, just as Brady's is now. Once again, simply my opinion.

You're certainly allowed to have your opinion and I'd rather have your view of the future be correct than mine. But, I honestly believe that no QB will ever be good enough for those who worship Tom Brady. I also believe that with another significant percentage of fans no head coach will ever be able to adequately replace Bill Belichick. The scorn the haters currently have for him will fade over time and his greatness will be sorely missed, just as Brady's is now. Once again, simply my opinion.
There’s only 2-3 people for whom this applies. And as was mentioned, those 2-3 are well known.

The rest of us who are down on Mac are so because of his actual performance, not because od TFB.

Who the hell is this guy Jerry Thornton? His last named reminds me of my HS hated rival, Thornton Academy. Yet somehow, I enjoy reading his stuff that you post each week.:lecture:

Yes, it acutually is. Mac just had the misfortune of coming to a place where a statistically insignificant, yet very vocal, portion of the fanbase (and I employ that term loose!y) will never be satisfied by anyone at the QB position other than Tom Brady. Those fake Patriot fans will root against every successor to Brady forever. We all know who those phony fans are and they're not fooling anyone. They're just dishonest.
He sucks ass. Has sucked ass for years. Time to upgrade. Fans with their eyes open can see this. Mac apologists make every excuse for his shortcomings and fuck ups.

So you are saying the OL is fine?
My TV must be broken. I thought that I saw Max Crosby alone beating our OL 5 times or more.
You're not throwing PFF stats at me, are you?
The o-line has problems, however Mac's slow (and often poor) decision making is the bigger problem.

He (as well as Zappe), have played worse this year, than last year. O'Brien hasn't fixed anything. I think Patricia wasn't as bad as the media has been claiming.

I look at it this way,....Mac had NO chance of succeeding in Patricia's offense. It was awful. He is FAILING in BoB's offense. While I don't think BoB has put together a masterpiece, it's much better than Patricia's, and Mac just isn't that good.

I look at it this way,....Mac had NO chance of succeeding in Patricia's offense. It was awful. He is FAILING in BoB's offense. While I don't think BoB has put together a masterpiece, it's much better than Patricia's, and Mac just isn't that good.
i would say this for most of these guys on offense, Parker cant catch. most of the oline cant block. Mac is a shit show and when they finally do something right it always gets called back by a penalty.

He sucks ass. Has sucked ass for years. Time to upgrade. Fans with their eyes open can see this. Mac apologists make every excuse for his shortcomings and fuck ups.

3 or more weeks ago I was one of the only people with this viewpoint here at least publicly. Nice to see I am not alone on it anymore and I wasn't totally off base with my observations.

3 or more weeks ago I was one of the only people with this viewpoint here at least publicly. Nice to see I am not alone on it anymore and I wasn't totally off base with my observations.

Mac is seeing more & more ghosts every week. With 35-40% of his pass plays going badly, it's easy to call it what it is.

The tide is turning, the Mac-olytes are disappearing right in front of our eyes. The band playing on the sinking SS Mac Jones and some are still sitting there in awe and listening to the music.
Nothing to be happy about, but you go ahead and enjoy yourself.

100%

The. Offensive. Line.

Try that lens on and get back to us. If you can get passed the first challenge then we can add in injuries elsewhere. There is a LOT more but let's keep it... well let's stop there for now.

No QB and no OC can be adequately be judged with this Oline that fields only 2 players could start for some other teams (Andrews/Brown as bottom 3-5 olinemen) and the rest would be third string at best and street free agents more likely.

The Brady lovers (and by definition haters of "any other QB") HAVE moved the needle around here with some otherwise solid posters. It is sad.

But is it any different that real world events we see? The louder, more ridiculous you are the more the weaker folks fall in line. They give up and lose their ability to effectively "see" the ENTIRE picture.

There are others that can and have remained focussed on the reality. They know who they are. :thumb:

Last edited:
The. Offensive. Line.

Try that lens on and get back to us. If you can get passed the first challenge then we can add in injuries elsewhere. There is a LOT more but let's keep it... well let's stop there for now.

No QB and no OC can be adequately be judged with this Oline that fields only 2 players could start for some other teams (Andrews/Brown as bottom 3-5 olinemen) and the rest would be third string at best and street free agents more likely.

The Brady lovers (and by definition haters of "any other QB") HAVE moved the needle around here with some otherwise solid posters. It is sad.

But is it any different that real world events we see? The louder, more ridiculous you are the more the weaker folks fall in line. They give up and lose their ability to effectively "see" the ENTIRE picture.

There are others that can and have remained focussed on the reality. They know who they are. :thumb:

What do you get with adequate O-line play and receivers that can get open? You get this as a ROOKIE!

Bad memories? Nah, easily influenced by Brady lovers/Bill haters.

Refresh your memories.

View: https://twitter.com/Joeyrizzi7/status/1714668146802458629

Back