Welker fined $10k by NFL

Goodell should be fined for impersonating an NFL Commissioner.

WTF?

I knew that during the game, the uniform and accessories had to be sanctioned, but this is the first I've heard about stuff needed to be sanctioned during interviews. I'm pretty sure that I've seen people wearing non-NFL hats before during interviews, (like Brady wearing his TB hat).

This is the biggest load of crap since the fine on Andre Carter.

What a shitty commissioner Goodell is.

:donkeys:

The hat he was wearing was for Bonk Beaker, a company he invests in.

Consider this fine free advertising.

Once again, the Patriots are playing chess while the rest of the league, especially the commish's office, is playing checkers.

I'm waiting for the first fine for illegal farting on the field. GODell is such an ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Once again, the Patriots are playing chess while the rest of the league, especially the commish's office, is playing checkers.

WTF?

I knew that during the game, the uniform and accessories had to be sanctioned, but this is the first I've heard about stuff needed to be sanctioned during interviews. I'm pretty sure that I've seen people wearing non-NFL hats before during interviews, (like Brady wearing his TB hat).

This is the biggest load of crap since the fine on Andre Carter.

What a shitty commissioner Goodell is.

:donkeys:

I assume it is because I am sure that the NFL has an "official" energy bar supplier, and that the periods before/during/after the game are reserved for official NFL suppliers.

SSDD

THIS makes me want to buy a box of those bars and hope they taste great. AS posted in another thread everyone should do the same if you eat those kinds of things at all.:)

10 grand is an absurd figure for somebody wearing a hat that Roger doesn't like, but Wes knew what he was getting himself into.

Not to stir up trouble, but what does an "officially sanctioned" hat mean? Does it have to have an NFL or team logo on it?

If so, somebody better get ahold of Tebow.

10 grand is an absurd figure for somebody wearing a hat that Roger doesn't like, but Wes knew what he was getting himself into.

Not to stir up trouble, but what does an "officially sanctioned" hat mean? Does it have to have an NFL or team logo on it?

That's nothing, look at the "fines" he leveled on the Pats for wearing helmets he doesn't like.

And for being mean and beating up on his precious Rats.

The way I understand it, plain hats are ok, they just can't be branded with any company or organization that does not have a marketing deal in place with the NFL. That rule has actually been around for a coon's age.

I'm actually curious why they haven't been enforcing the 'John Randle Facepaint' rule. He used to paint himself up like the fifth member of KISS and the NFL made a rule against it and started fining him, causing him to quit doing it. Quite a lot of players (including Ray Lewis) have gotten back to doing it, apparently without repercussions.

I always thought it was a stupid rule, but when has that ever stopped the NFL? Maybe it's just 'not a point of emphasis' right now because they're sticking to hats and defenseless receivers. Spearing and facepaint is now ok, though.

*shrug* I don't think it's a bad rule at all. I don't want the NFL to turn into an advertisement campaign for these guys to make an extra buck.

It's not like they're wearing ads on their uniforms like they do in Europe. This is in a press conference that probably less than 5% of fans ever watch.

The way I understand it, plain hats are ok, they just can't be branded with any company or organization that does not have a marketing deal in place with the NFL. That rule has actually been around for a coon's age.

I'm actually curious why they haven't been enforcing the 'John Randle Facepaint' rule. He used to paint himself up like the fifth member of KISS and the NFL made a rule against it and started fining him, causing him to quit doing it. Quite a lot of players (including Ray Lewis) have gotten back to doing it, apparently without repercussions.

I always thought it was a stupid rule, but when has that ever stopped the NFL? Maybe it's just 'not a point of emphasis' right now because they're sticking to hats and defenseless receivers. Spearing and facepaint is now ok, though.

Is it "NFL approved" face paint? :coffee:

Interesting point. I've noticed a lot of Pats, like Ocho, suddenly going with the Ultimate Warrior face paint lately, but I forgot about Randle.

Maybe Roger figured it was harmless enough and might add a little bit of color and individuality to a league that has all but eradicated those sorts of things to it's detriment.

I mean, why does Roger pick on hats?

Does the league have a deal with Gucci suits? If not, then Giselle better hit the Patriot Place pro shop to get Tom squared away before the fines start mounting up.

Back