We're On To The Ratbirds

The Ravens are 7-5 for a reason. They're not coming in here 11-1 or something. They can't run the ball, and they lost to the ****ing Jets.

7-5 but so close to 4-8 those 1st three games, the Bills, Browns and Jags almost beat them.

I guess you guys didn't hear that Dennis Pitta is back. Changes everything.

Plus the Ravens aren't afraid to play in Foxboro.

Not only that, but the Ravens are 0-2 against the Pats the last two games...uh, no wait, lifetime...they're 3-9 lifetime...ooo, that's bad, not what I'm looking for...let's see...ah, the last four games the Ravens and Pats are 2-2.

Wait! Look! The Ravens are 3-0 in games where they out-scored the Pats.

3-0, people. Don't sleep on the Ravens

The need for the Ravens defense to carry the load against the Patriots is significant. Baltimore's offense ranks only 21st in scoring this year, 20th in passing touchdowns and 24th in rushing scores. Quarterback Joe Flacco has thrown 15 touchdowns to 11 interceptions and has been sacked 23 times (he was sacked only 16 times through 10 games last year and 19 times in 16 in 2014). Baltimore's leading rusher is Terrance West, who is averaging four yards per carry but has only 650 rushing yards on 163 attempts, as the team ranks only 25th in rush attempts this year, compared to second in passing attempts. The Ravens have frequently found themselves in close games, leading to increased passing, and with mixed results.
And it should be noted that New England's defense is nothing to scoff at. The unit ranks second in points allowed and ninth in yards, as well as 10th in touchdown passes allowed and third in rushing scores allowed. The defense has just seven interceptions but has fared well bringing pressure, totaling 26 sacks. Therefore, Baltimore's defense will need to match the Patriots' stop-for-stop in order to keep its offense competitive.
Points will be at a premium for Baltimore's offense, especially given the difficult road venue. The Ravens' newly-vaunted defense will have to put forth a near-flawless performance, hope to keep the score close and rely on the leg of kicker and team MVP Justin Tucker in order to unseat the AFC's top seed, remain playoff relevant and send a message that this is a team worth fearing come January.
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/210951448/ravens-patriots-preview-defense-tom-brady

I hate the Ravens.
I hate Suggs.
I hate the coach.
I hate the Ray statue out front of their stadium.
I hate the image of a ratbird.
I hate their QB.
I hate everything about them.

Tom Brady (1 INT in 8 games) recently relayed something Belichick regularly points out to the team: When the Patriots don’t turn it over, they have won 95 percent of the time in Belichick’s tenure.

Wow!

Already heard 2 "the ravens aren't afraid of the pats" from media. if this were a dinking game, i would be drunk by 3 pm for sure.

I hate the Ravens.
I hate Suggs.
I hate the coach.
I hate the Ray statue out front of their stadium.
I hate the image of a ratbird.
I hate their QB.
I hate everything about them.

That's a fine summary. You almost sound like Tommy on Miami but perhaps slightly more diplomatic.

That's a fine summary. You almost sound like Tommy on Miami but perhaps slightly more diplomatic.
As a mod I have to show some restraint.... it kills me.

BTW, I almost hate every next opponent equally but their hand is what dealt deflategate - I bet the owner threatened to come clean over the Ray Rice Video and the result was the Pats getting boned.

Tommy on Miami <<<< O.Z.O. on the Ratbirds.

But, I'm guessing if he lived there...

Already heard 2 "the ravens aren't afraid of the pats" from media. if this were a dinking game, i would be drunk by 3 pm for sure.

Aren't all of TFB's games, dinking games? :shrug:

Cheers

What's the reason for all the hatred of the Ravens? I get the JETS, Fins and Bills. Division rivalries bring that kind of hatred. But the Raves haven't exactly handed the Pats their asses on a platter. I think the Pats have beaten them like 9 or 10 of the 12 meetings. :shrug_n:

What's the reason for all the hatred of the Ravens? I get the JETS, Fins and Bills. Division rivalries bring that kind of hatred. But the Raves haven't exactly handed the Pats their asses on a platter. I think the Pats have beaten them like 9 or 10 of the 12 meetings. :shrug_n:

C'mon man. You've been around here long enough, you should get it by now.

For me, I live 15 minutes south of Ratbird Ground Zero. Let's just say I'd rather be a Raiders, Chiefs or Chargers fan living next door to Invesco.

It's all relative and, IMO, mostly media generated. They're desperate for a team that can beat the Pats at Gillette. It comes mostly from Baltimore's "playoff success" against the Pats, 2-2, with 3 of the games being slug fests, all being played in Foxboro. It comes from the Ravens themselves who see that Pats as the measuring stick for their own success. And their "we're not scared" mantra.

I consider them a pain in the ass, reprehensible, but not a rival in the true sense. But we completely enjoy seeing them lose.

There's plenty to dislike about them. We find their fan base to be assholes in general, but that's an opinion shared by others as well. They worship murderers and domestic abusers simply because they wear purple. Their coach owes his career to Belichick, but screwed him at the 1st opportunity.

There's more.....

Back