What if.....

I'm just curious......let's say that many moons ago......when Bledsoe was ready to come back....that BB went beack to Bledsoe as his starter for the next season or so. What are the thoughts here as to where Brady would have ended up. Do you all think he would have remained a Pat or been let go ? Regardless of where he would have been, he would have been great.....Just curious

The word is Brady was about to pass Bledsoe anyways, so he would have gotten there later in the season.

The bigger question is what if Belichick stayed in NY as the HC of the NYJ. That could have been your "Babe Ruth" moment

The word is Brady was about to pass Bledsoe anyways, so he would have gotten there later in the season.

The bigger question is what if Belichick stayed in NY as the HC of the NYJ. That could have been your "Babe Ruth" moment

Only if tuna was not still part of the mix. Add in ownership that was too intrusive and the BB we know now would never have existed in NY.

Bob Kraft was ready to turn over the team and had already begun regretting allowing BB to leave with Tuna... BB's 1st round of no games head coaching.

All depends if he had Brady or not. If not, I can answer that question pretty fast.

All depends if he had Brady or not. If not, I can answer that question pretty fast.

Like hell you can. HE won 11 games without Brady in 2008. He'd have done just fine if given personnel decision power.

What people forget about that time when the focus was on Bledsoe's injury was how truly bad he was playing.

3 and outs were the rule with Drew trying to gun the ball into places where he had no business trying. I'm convinced that had injury never occured then it would have been a very short time thereafter when Brady would have been given his shot.

Brady initially wasn't nearly the player that he would become, but the first thing I noticed was that we started moving the chains and managing the clock much better with Brady and that was really a major upgrade. We became a functional offense instantly. Not great, but functional.

In that Mo Lewis game, Drew was absolutely terrible prior to getting hurt and it was the low point in a really bad streak of games. I was ready to give anything a shot, but never expected what ultimately happened.

BB seemed to know what he had in Brady even if almost nobody else did.

Like hell you can. HE won 11 games without Brady in 2008. He'd have done just fine if given personnel decision power.

He also went 5-11 without Brady....that 11 games they won in 2008 was nice and all, but it also was 5 more losses than the year before, which for most teams is a pretty big drop off, I guess thats why Brady came back as starter and Cassel was shipped off to KC....A lot of success is about Brady and BB knows that, he is not stupid. If he thought for a second he could win without Brady and with cassel, that would have happened like it did with Bledsoe. So no...he would not have had the same success without Brady, not even close. You can be a great coach and still have an all time great at QB that helped along the way...ask Bill Walsh.

What people forget about that time when the focus was on Bledsoe's injury was how truly bad he was playing.

3 and outs were the rule with Drew trying to gun the ball into places where he had no business trying. I'm convinced that had injury never occured then it would have been a very short time thereafter when Brady would have been given his shot.

Brady initially wasn't nearly the player that he would become, but the first thing I noticed was that we started moving the chains and managing the clock much better with Brady and that was really a major upgrade. We became a functional offense instantly. Not great, but functional.

In that Mo Lewis game, Drew was absolutely terrible prior to getting hurt and it was the low point in a really bad streak of games. I was ready to give anything a shot, but never expected what ultimately happened.

BB seemed to know what he had in Brady even if almost nobody else did.

Consistency, its what all teams strive for and few gain.

He also went 5-11 without Brady....that 11 games they won in 2008 was nice and all, but it also was 5 more losses than the year before, which for most teams is a pretty big drop off, I guess thats why Brady came back as starter and Cassel was shipped off to KC....A lot of success is about Brady and BB knows that, he is not stupid. If he thought for a second he could win without Brady and with cassel, that would have happened like it did with Bledsoe. So no...he would not have had the same success without Brady, not even close. You can be a great coach and still have an all time great at QB that helped along the way...ask Bill Walsh.

And the 6 losses with Brady the year after was 1 more than with Cassel.

Cassel was traded because he's nowhere near as good as Brady. But diminishing what Belichick accomplished in 2008 with a guy who hadn't started a game since HS is silly. That's still one of my favorite years of Patriot football.

MD, I agree about 2008 season. I expected the team to collapse and it proved to the NFL BB was a true genius in terms of coaching.

MD, I agree about 2008 season. I expected the team to collapse and it proved to the NFL BB was a true genius in terms of coaching.

I still contend that that team was peaking by the end of the season and could've made a legit run.

3 plays from that season really pain me. The 3rd and 15 in OT against the Jets that cost us what would've been an amazing comeback; the stupid Dave Thomas penalty in Indy that blew the chance to win that game when we really outplayed them (alternatively, Gaffney's dropped TD could go here); and the Slater fumble against Pittsburgh which let them blow a one score game open.

The 08 team was 1 game back of the eventual SB champs and 2 back of the league's best record. 11-5 in 2001 gets us a bye and in 2008 gets us a pizza party.

BB would not have been able to deal with the micro managing....cluster f$#@ of jets ownership

I still contend that that team was peaking by the end of the season and could've made a legit run.

3 plays from that season really pain me. The 3rd and 15 in OT against the Jets that cost us what would've been an amazing comeback; the stupid Dave Thomas penalty in Indy that blew the chance to win that game when we really outplayed them (alternatively, Gaffney's dropped TD could go here); and the Slater fumble against Pittsburgh which let them blow a one score game open.

The 08 team was 1 game back of the eventual SB champs and 2 back of the league's best record. 11-5 in 2001 gets us a bye and in 2008 gets us a pizza party.

They played like utter crap against playoff teams that year, that was an issue. They looked bad against good teams, they only played 5 playoff teams that year and lost to 4 of them. They would not have went anywhere in the playoffs. The pats turned the ball over 5 times against the steelers, so it was not just the one fumble.

They played like utter crap against playoff teams that year, that was an issue. They looked bad against good teams, they only played 5 playoff teams that year and lost to 4 of them. They would not have went anywhere in the playoffs. The pats turned the ball over 5 times against the steelers, so it was not just the one fumble.

Horseshit. That team got better as the season progressed. They blew the Miami game (which may well have happened if #12 was playing, given the ineptitude to defend the Wildcat) and got blown out by SD before the offense found its stride with Cassel.

The Steeler game was 10-10 at the half and the fumble was the turning point that blew the game open. The Colts game was in Indy and they were a dropped TD pass from winning that one, too. And the Cardinals--who were 2 minutes from winning the Super Bowl--lost by 40 to the Pats.

The 2008 team passed the eye test. They got better and I'd have taken them against anyone in January. Much more than the shit-tastic 2009 team.

Good teams learn from their mistakes, the pats were a team that year that was learning and were ready to lambada to the Super Bowl..

Horseshit. That team got better as the season progressed. They blew the Miami game (which may well have happened if #12 was playing, given the ineptitude to defend the Wildcat) and got blown out by SD before the offense found its stride with Cassel.

The Steeler game was 10-10 at the half and the fumble was the turning point that blew the game open. The Colts game was in Indy and they were a dropped TD pass from winning that one, too. And the Cardinals--who were 2 minutes from winning the Super Bowl--lost by 40 to the Pats.

The 2008 team passed the eye test. They got better and I'd have taken them against anyone in January. Much more than the shit-tastic 2009 team.

10-10 with a Randy Moss drop in the EZ just before the half (and a missed figgie), as well as another big Moss drop when he had broken free in the middle of the field. Had he caught it, he would have been tackled around the 30 yard line, at worst.

They played easier teams as the season progressed. They lost by 40 to the pats in the snow....arizona....snow....anyway....if you remembered, half the defense left in 2009, might have had something to do with it....BB loved the team so much, he shipped the QB off to KC....what does he know...he even mentioned in his speech the next year that the team could not beat the good teams. In fact they got their asses kicked by good teams, that was the last year we had the defensive guys from the superbowls, they have been rebuilding since. It was also one of only 3 teams to not make the playoffs in the last 12 years. Its funny that you guys blast this team that went to a superbowl but praise the one that did not make the playoffs. Cassel was a product of the team around him and he proved this when he left, but I am sure if the pats love him so, they could have him back after the season. I am sure KC is done with him.

He didn't ship the QB off, he had Brady and used the QB to get an extra pick by franchising him and trading him.

Don't be like this middy, you know better than that. The 2008 team was 11-5, the should have been in the playoffs any other year but 1 they would have been.

He didn't ship the QB off, he had Brady and used the QB to get an extra pick by franchising him and trading him.

Don't be like this middy, you know better than that. The 2008 team was 11-5, the should have been in the playoffs any other year but 1 they would have been.

I am just saying that was a silly easy schedule and they lost to all of the teams they shouldnt have and that is what kept them out. Just one win over one of those playoff teams and we are in. I don't like not making the playoffs, I got used to it. I'm spoiled.:D

Back