What if.....

They played easier teams as the season progressed. They lost by 40 to the pats in the snow....arizona....snow....anyway....if you remembered, half the defense left in 2009, might have had something to do with it....BB loved the team so much, he shipped the QB off to KC....what does he know...he even mentioned in his speech the next year that the team could not beat the good teams. In fact they got their asses kicked by good teams, that was the last year we had the defensive guys from the superbowls, they have been rebuilding since. It was also one of only 3 teams to not make the playoffs in the last 12 years. Its funny that you guys blast this team that went to a superbowl but praise the one that did not make the playoffs. Cassel was a product of the team around him and he proved this when he left, but I am sure if the pats love him so, they could have him back after the season. I am sure KC is done with him.
Who blasts the teams that went to the Super Bowl?

There are situational differences that require an adjustment to expectations. This isn't exactly nuclear physics.

Who blasts the teams that went to the Super Bowl?

There are situational differences that require an adjustment to expectations. This isn't exactly nuclear physics.

Lots....blast this team....whole lots...and yes I understand what you mean.

Lots....blast this team....whole lots...and yes I understand what you mean.

I don't think that critically discussing a team during the season is "blasting" them. Much like using the benefit of hindsight to reminisce about a team that exceeded expectations given difficult circumstances doesn't necessitate a comparison to better squads.

With heightened expectations comes heightened scrutiny.

They played like utter crap against playoff teams that year, that was an issue. They looked bad against good teams, they only played 5 playoff teams that year and lost to 4 of them.
They lost to two playoff teams last season with a "weak schedule" as well & went to the SB. In 2010, they beat a bunch of playoff teams then went ohfer in the postseason.
That stat really doesn't mean much in my opinion.

I loved what that 2008 team was able to accomplish and was so disappointed that 11 wins didn't earn a playoff spot. So many teams would kill for an 11 win season. That was one heck of an effort and highlighted the type of team and depth that BB has and continues to assemble in Foxborough.

I'm just curious......let's say that many moons ago......when Bledsoe was ready to come back....that BB went beack to Bledsoe as his starter for the next season or so. What are the thoughts here as to where Brady would have ended up. Do you all think he would have remained a Pat or been let go ? Regardless of where he would have been, he would have been great.....Just curious

What if, I was born on the Planet Krypton and was sent here by my father just before the Planet exploded?

I was a bit tired of seeing....drop back....pat the ball....pat the ball....pat the ball *crunch* fumble....game lost....so I was ready for a change. Bledsoe had a steady decline after the 96 superbowl...it was time to go.

I totally agree with you. In actuality, Bledsoe only played well with Parcells always on his case and when Parcells left the Pats he went right back to his rookie mistakes and that's what got him injured and the rest is history.

I totally agree with you. In actuality, Bledsoe only played well with Parcells always on his case and when Parcells left the Pats he went right back to his rookie mistakes and that's what got him injured and the rest is history.

It could have also been a case of a Qb having to do too much and this caused some issues with him that never went away...he would often have to throw 50 times a game, and not being the most nimble of Qb's he took quite a few hits. So who knows.

It could have also been a case of a Qb having to do too much and this caused some issues with him that never went away...he would often have to throw 50 times a game, and not being the most nimble of Qb's he took quite a few hits. So who knows.

Bledsoe was a good if not very good QB. He won a lot of games and set a lot of team records for the Pats. His biggest sin was that he wasn't as good as Brady. Still, a lot of teams would be happy to have a QB as good as Drew was in his prime.

Bledsoe was a good if not very good QB. He won a lot of games and set a lot of team records for the Pats. His biggest sin was that he wasn't as good as Brady. Still, a lot of teams would be happy to have a QB as good as Drew was in his prime.

There are a lot of Qb's not as good as Brady....so thats not part of this....he had some other issues that he never seemed to shake and Parcells even made comments about this. Thats not saying he was horrible, he was a good QB, but once he started to go, he went.

What if, Rex has a second coming and Greg McElroy wins the rest of the Jets games with Tebow helpin out the rest of the way ????ROFL

What if McElroy becomes the next TFB? Rex will be the most obnoxious coach in the histroy of coaches.

But the Jets fans won't just take 12 straight winning seasons for granted. They will rub it in our faces every chance they get.

What if McElroy becomes the next TFB? Rex will be the most obnoxious coach in the histroy of coaches.

But the Jets fans won't just take 12 straight winning seasons for granted. They will rub it in our faces every chance they get.
I certainly won't :coffee:

There are a lot of Qb's not as good as Brady....so thats not part of this....he had some other issues that he never seemed to shake and Parcells even made comments about this. Thats not saying he was horrible, he was a good QB, but once he started to go, he went.

That's true of a lot of players. Ask the Eagles about McNabb.

It's the curse of Chad Pennington, I tell ya. Just like the Bills have the Flutie curse.

It's the curse of Chad Pennington, I tell ya. Just like the Bills have the Flutie curse.

Pennington was cursed, if you ask me. If he hadn't been so injury prone, he might have been one of the all time greats. He was one of the most accurate passers ever (when healthy).

Pennington was cursed, if you ask me. If he hadn't been so injury prone, he might have been one of the all time greats. He was one of the most accurate passers ever (when healthy).

Thats why all time greats are so rare....everything has to come true....you have to be good, you have to lucky, you have to be in the right situation, etc etc...a ton of things have to be there or it can go off track quickly.

Agreed Dchester, I did not relish the Pats facing him when he was healthy. He was just too dang smart. I have a ton of respect for him in every possible way. He was one of my favorite non Pats players. I'm actually almost as angry with Mangini for the way he did Chad (bringing him to a preseason game in Cle THEN cutting him and sending him home by himself...WTF???)than I am for cameragate.

Back