What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

My Wife and I like BBC-type detective series and ran across one on Prime called "Deadloch" that was listed as a comedy, so we
gave it a shot. Not a lot of murder/comedies out there.

Turns out that it was an Aussie show about a series of murders in a small town that happens to have a lot of new-agers/lesbians in it and we
both thought it was hilarious. It was loaded with inventive profanity and managed to avoid all the typical American PC bullshit and make
fun of everybody equally regardless of gender or lifestyle. A whodunnit with quirky characters (all of them) and a record number of creative C-bombs. Subtitles
helpful, but not required. It's like a down under Naked Gun, but smarter.

We're now watching "Ballers" on NF and I'd never seen it, but it's like an NFL version of Falcon Crest with glitz galore and pampered
ultra-rich egotistical superstars living their South Beach dreams with fancy cribs, clubs, yachts, cars and the absolute most 9.5 and above bimbo groupies I
have ever seen in my life. I mean in every episode there are like 30 of them and half of them (spoiler alert) have their perfect tits out. Very good cast and clever
writing. It makes me wonder how much of it is pure fantasy and how much of it might be a real insight into what being a pro sports star
is actually like. Duane Johnson is excellent as a harried sports agent struggling to keep his clients from throwing their careers away by
caving into the temptation that surrounds them. Five seasons. After season one I'm hooked.

Just started Gen V on Prime video. It's a spin off of The Boys. I'm two episodes in and it's really good so far.

Not sure the types of viewing this crowd likes, but "Special Ops - Lioness" on Paramount+ was pretty good. Written by Taylor Sheridan, same writer as Yellowstone (and others), Season 1 just finished up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y11p6YzdKHw

Attachments

• 1696876775769.png
    1696876775769.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
Not sure the types of viewing this crowd likes, but "Special Ops - Lioness" on Paramount+ was pretty good. Written by Taylor Sheridan, same writer as Yellowstone (and others), Season 1 just finished up.
Like everything he's done, I thought it was excellent.

Then I binged:

Joe Pickett Season !. I thought it was very good. Think I'll give Season 2 a shot.

LA Law dropped on Prime in August. It was David Kelly's first excursion into the entertainment biz and a very entertaining program. With it back in my streaming universe, I watch one episode, maybe twice or thrice a week. Not really binging but still a good show, certainly recommended.

LA Law dropped on Prime in August. It was David Kelly's first excursion into the entertainment biz and a very entertaining program. With it back in my streaming universe, I watch one episode, maybe twice or thrice a week. Not really binging but still a good show, certainly recommended.

I never caught that one. Now I will. Thanks,Tim.

I'm hitting "Suits" right now. Plowed through the first 2 seasons, giving myself a break. It's good like LA Law was good. Good writing, acting and stories. Plus Susan Dey always made me feel funny down there. Laurie Partridge..come to fulltilt.

Currently starting season 3 of "The Last KIngdom"

Highly recommend it if you haven't watched it yet.
Quick synopsis of it?

I am watching the miniseries Bodies and love it. There is a murder that four detectives are trying to solve. The catch is the four detectives are in four different time periods solving the same death, though the last detective in the future the guy is breathing.

Wish it wasn't a miniseries.

Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime. There was re 4 seasons, I have watched 2. Takes place in America in 1960, Germany and Japan won WW2. Germany controls most of the country while Japan control the west coast.
But, films keep showing up that shows the opposite happened.

Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime. There was re 4 seasons, I have watched 2. Takes place in America in 1960, Germany and Japan won WW2. Germany controls most of the country while Japan control the west coast.
But, films keep showing up that shows the opposite happened.
To say I love this series is such an understatement.

Historical fiction of the conflict between Wessex and the Danes that would lead to the first king of England.

Great writing, acting and directing.

Started watching Welcome to Wrexham, got addicted and ended up binge watching it. If you're a sports fan in general I'd recommend watching it. I find the culture around "football" in the UK fascinating, or at least I do now after watching that show. In case you don't already know, it's a documentary about Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney partnering and buying a long time struggling football team in a small blue collar city in Wales. It's funny as you would expect with those 2, but it has a lot of heart warming episodes too, and you'll find yourself really rooting for them because what it means to the players and the city.

Started watching Welcome to Wrexham, got addicted and ended up binge watching it. If you're a sports fan in general I'd recommend watching it. I find the culture around "football" in the UK fascinating, or at least I do now after watching that show. In case you don't already know, it's a documentary about Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney partnering and buying a long time struggling football team in a small blue collar city in Wales. It's funny as you would expect with those 2, but it has a lot of heart warming episodes too, and you'll find yourself really rooting for them because what it means to the players and the city.
We binged it too and are all caught up now. We are enjoying it.

I'm guessing you already know but there's also a movie that takes place after the series finale.

When you're done with the series don't forget to watch 7 Kings must Die, it's the ending of the series made into a movie.

Been watching House of Cards, if there's any show on tv that will make you hate politicians and their associates it's this one.

Spoiler Alert
Utred son of Utred only became Utred son of Utred after the original Utred son of Utred was killed by the Danes,then Utred Sr was also killed by the Danes.

Back