What would you do for an Osi Umenyiora Bar?

He's a very solid LB....however, he has a little bit of a reputation for getting soft at times. He has also had significant hip and knee injuries. No team will give up a 1st.....he will more likely get a 2nd or 3rd for him....but no team will take him unless they know they are going to give him at least 5 mil per yr which is what he wants

Report: Umenyiora price drops to 2nd-rounder
A league sources tells the Baltimore Sun that the asking price for Giants DE Osi Umeyiora has dropped to a second-round pick.
The same source confirms that five teams are in the hunt, including the Ravens and Patriots. Several members of the Ravens front office are urging GM Ozzie Newsome to pull the trigger, but he's reportedly concerned about Umenyiora's history of hip and knee injuries. Newsome also has salary cap issues to consider with Ray Rice and Joe Flacco in line for extensions. Signing Haloti Ngata to a long-term deal would helping free up space, lowering his 2011 salary. NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora adds the Falcons to the list of teams interested in Umenyiora at the right price.
Source: Baltimore Sun Aug 2, 11:09 PM
Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
In-season Projections
Posted via Mobile Device

If they can get him for a second round pick, I'm all in.

A 2nd it has become. Sounds like you're all in! :dance:

Me too depending on his health and his asking price.

If his physical checks out, I'd go for it too...unless he's looking to set the market... upper end, yes, setting it, no.

If you would be so kind, please remind me how that pick was acquired.

TIA

The Patriots (right after they took Mallet) sent their 3rd (at 92 overall) and 4th (at 125) to Al Davis for their 7th (at 219 - CB Malcom Williams) and their second-round pick in 2012.

Cheers

I bet there is an Osi thread on every single team fan message board right this minute, with every team thinking they have a shot at this guy... and every one of them is a "I just saw on Twitter that this one guy who is friends with my sister's grade school teacher's hair dresser heard form her coworker that Osi is signing with our team!!!!!!11!!!!" ROFL ROFL ROFL

Hey! Stop sneaking onto the Jet's forum!

If his physical checks out, I'd go for it too...unless he's looking to set the market... upper end, yes, setting it, no.
Its going to be up there. It "sounds" like he wants to get paid but not sure if he's looking for Oprah money.

A 2nd it has become. Sounds like you're all in! :dance:

Me too depending on his health and his asking price.

Yep, it's time to pull the trigger (although BB is probably trying to talk them down to a third).

:)

I say give them the second and anything else they want!

The fact they're even just remotely interested in this guy...and Raheem Brock...tells me we are aimning to make the 4-3 our base defense for the season.

Imagine Wilfork, Big Al and Osi....you can't double them all :p

Source: Giants' price for Osi hasn't changed - CBSSports.com

Source: Giants' price for Osi hasn't changed

Posted on: August 3, 2011 10:10 am
Edited on: August 3, 2011 10:14 am

Score: 145
Log-in to rate:

A league source on Wednesday denied a report that the New York Giants have lowered their price for disgruntled defensive end Osi Umenyiora from a first-to-a-second-round draft choice. According to the source, the Giants still are asking for a top pick, which hasn't produced interest to this point.

Umenyiora's agent Tony Agnone would neither confirm nor deny the report when reached Wednesday morning.

Umenyiora insists that the Giants have not been fair with him and that GM Jerry Reese in 2008 promised him a new contract or a trade if he had two good seasons of play. Umenyiora, who is under contract with the Giants the next two seasons, set a league record in 2010 with 10 forced fumbles and believes he lived up to his end of the deal.

The Giants apparently don't. They have not changed their position with him, other than to grant him permission to seek a deal -- with a first-round draft pick the price. Under terms of the new agreement between players and owners, firsrt-round draft choices cost considerably less -- about 40 percent less -- which increases their value.

Result: Clubs are more reluctant to part with them now than they were a year ago.

:sulk:

~Dee~

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AtzIWPeun7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AtzIWPeun7c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

This may help explain teams' hesitation in dealing for Osi.

TOP OF THE NEWS
The Giants have dropped their demand for a first-round pick in exchange for end Osi Umenyiora, according to the Baltimore Sun, and the Patriots are among five teams interested in the former Pro Bowl defensive end.
This morning, however, Clark Judge at cbssports.com reports the Giants have not changed their asking price.
According to a source, the Patriots haven't contacted the Giants about Umenyiora, but the Patriots are monitoring the situation.
This obviously bears watching, but if the Patriots get heavily involved in this, they're not likely to broadcast it.
It also means the Patriots are going full bore into the 4-3. That, or they’re going to have to be teaching the 29-year-old (he’ll be 30 on Nov. 16) some new tricks as far as standing up. That will be an adjustment. Patriots will hope Umenyiora will take after Jason Taylor, who had 12 sacks for Nick Saban and the Dolphins in 2005 during his “adjustment period.”
The thing about Umenyiora is that this would not be like one of the Patriots' other acquisitions. This is not a guy at the end of the road, who has worn out his welcome. This is not a guy who will take less than he's worth. He wants $10 million a year, feels he deserves it, and will get it somewhere.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/patriots_daily_6.html

Back