Where will Cam end up?

This is the end of Cams nfl road probably.

I think though if he does continue a back up in New Orleans would make sense.
I think he would be our back up first. I believe there is a good chance he ends up back with us this season. It just depends if he wants to do the back up thing or retire.

Right now he is exploring all potential starter jobs but when all those inevitably fall through he will be left with the decision to be a back up or retire.

As I have said before, I would love him in the Taysom Hill role on our team. We would be unstoppable IMO on short yardage and goal line.

Cam will be fine. He’s made a lot of money and will have a long career in the media ahead of him. And he can retire with the incredible college career he had along with the numerous NFL records broken when he came into the league.
If he wants to play for someone, he'll have a job as a backup tomorrow if he wants, probably one of those 'backup-but-will-be-starter-soon' jobs.

And if he doesn't, like you said, he'll be on TV before the halfway mark of the season. Or even doing college ball, he'll be in high demand.

I think he probably has a few years of clipboard holding at the very least, left in the tank. Shoulder's washed though. I mean, we all saw that, right?

If he wants to play for someone, he'll have a job as a backup tomorrow if he wants, probably one of those 'backup-but-will-be-starter-soon' jobs.

And if he doesn't, like you said, he'll be on TV before the halfway mark of the season. Or even doing college ball, he'll be in high demand.

I think he probably has a few years of clipboard holding at the very least, left in the tank. Shoulder's washed though. I mean, we all saw that, right?
The divots in the turf don't lie... :coffee:

My shoulder hurt with everyone of his throws.

Cheers

My shoulder hurt with everyone of his throws.

Cheers

One thing I never noticed about Newton before he got here was just how long and slow his throwing motion is. Not only that, but on anything downfield, his head would spin halfway around so he couldn't really track what he was throwing at a lot of the time. It's really no wonder that his accuracy sucked.

Cam is now openly saying he is " open " to a back up QB spot.You can contact him at Building 19 & 3/4.😋
I don't understand why we would not bring him back to be the back up? Anyone know why we wouldn't? We already paid him the $3.5 mil so it is worth for us to bring him back to back up Mac.

I don't understand why we would not bring him back to be the back up? Anyone know why we wouldn't? We already paid him the $3.5 mil so it is worth for us to bring him back to back up Mac.
If you really don't know why that would be an intolerable situation for Jones and the entire team, then you are as unknowledgable about human dynamics as you are about pro football - and that's more than considerable.

1) It would keep the door open for a media-fabricated "QB controversy"
2) They would have to employ an entirely different offensive scheme were Cam to come in and play

Cam is a QB. That is the singular position where guaranteed money goes to die sometimes.

As the saying goes , there can only be one Captain of the ship.I like Cam and respect what he can do when playing up to his potential. I don't know if I would trust Cam not to be a major disruption if put in the passenger seat.Something that could be disasterous for a rookie QB looking for his place in the NFL.

Back