Who are wo most "worried" about?

DeflateThis

Reaction score
Before I start this, lets be clear of one thing: I do not fear anyone.

But when I watch the games around the League, I do think of who I would and wouldn't want to play against in the play offs. So here is my raking of teams i would rather not play in january.

AFC:
- At the start of the season my biggest "fears" were (1) Ravens, (2) Steelers, (3) Broncos.
- Mid season positives: As it looks now the Ravens look like one of the worst teams in the League and wont make it there. And Peytons spiral is just as bad on the records as on the ball itself.
- New Mid-season dangers:
No 3: The Bengals are obiously a lot better than I expected. Their PO history speak for itself, but i wont write them off.
No 2: I am however more afraid of the Jets. Not because they are a best team in the Conference, but they are a team I don't want to face late January.
No 1: The Steelers are the team to beat in my opinion. I'm not to comfrotable with a shootout with our injuries on offense.

NFC:
- Rank at the start of the season: 1. Packers 2. Cowboys 3. Seahawks.
- Mid season positives: Mr. Rodgers seems to have lost som of his magic, and the Cowboys are gone due to injuries. The Seahawks defense isn't looking like itself, and Wilson can't seem to get rid of the football.
- Mid season dangers:
No 3: The Cardinals can look like a million dollars and a #1 draft pick contender in the same game, but they put up som incredible numbers when they are switched on.
No 2: If Rodgers find his groove the Packers is the only team in the League I truly worry about.
No 1: It's not hard to imagine Cam throwing an interception in a late 4th quarter drive to win the SB, but in lack of a better option I give respect to their record.

Whats your thoughts?

Cincy will be tough if we meet in post-season.

NFC is pretty much down to Panthers and Cards and I like Minny too but I doubt they are good enough to beat the other two.

Cincinnati has been unbelievably healthy so far this season. They are clearly the top threat at this point. Denver cannot win a road playoff game.

The Jets showed us on Thursday night that they can't withstand any type of injury. They're strong at the top, but go downhill very quickly. Revis is showing some wear, Cromartie is useless, even when healthy, and Pryor can't stay on the field for an entire game.

The Steelers don't have the defense. They can put up points, but they're another Ben hit away from becoming very average on offense.

This is really a two team race in the AFC.

In the NFC, Carolina vs. Arizona.

About ourselves, I don't want to go 18-1 again and lose the Super Bowl. I don't want the stress of being unbeaten again. I could easily live with a loss or 2 and a Super Bowl win.

Cincy will be tough if we meet in post-season.

NFC is pretty much down to Panthers and Cards and I like Minny too but I doubt they are good enough to beat the other two.

I do like the vikes D.

Cheers, BostonTm

Tough Stretch...

The Steelers don't have the defense. They can put up points, but they're another Ben hit away from becoming very average on offense.

I just looked at the Pittsburg schedule. They have Bye, Seattle, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Denver coming up. If they can run that gauntlet, they'll have earned their playoff spot.

Before I start this, lets be clear of one thing: I do not fear anyone.

But when I watch the games around the League, I do think of who I would and wouldn't want to play against in the play offs. So here is my raking of teams i would rather not play in january.

AFC:
- At the start of the season my biggest "fears" were (1) Ravens, (2) Steelers, (3) Broncos.
- Mid season positives: As it looks now the Ravens look like one of the worst teams in the League and wont make it there. And Peytons spiral is just as bad on the records as on the ball itself.
- New Mid-season dangers:
No 3: The Bengals are obiously a lot better than I expected. Their PO history speak for itself, but i wont write them off.
No 2: I am however more afraid of the Jets. Not because they are a best team in the Conference, but they are a team I don't want to face late January.
No 1: The Steelers are the team to beat in my opinion. I'm not to comfrotable with a shootout with our injuries on offense.

NFC:
- Rank at the start of the season: 1. Packers 2. Cowboys 3. Seahawks.
- Mid season positives: Mr. Rodgers seems to have lost som of his magic, and the Cowboys are gone due to injuries. The Seahawks defense isn't looking like itself, and Wilson can't seem to get rid of the football.
- Mid season dangers:
No 3: The Cardinals can look like a million dollars and a #1 draft pick contender in the same game, but they put up som incredible numbers when they are switched on.
No 2: If Rodgers find his groove the Packers is the only team in the League I truly worry about.
No 1: It's not hard to imagine Cam throwing an interception in a late 4th quarter drive to win the SB, but in lack of a better option I give respect to their record.

Whats your thoughts?

If they even make the playoffs.

I'm most afraid of the next injury. The team I'm most worried about facing (in the playoffs) is Cincinnati.

FWIW, the Pats injury situation this year is similar to Cincinnati's last year. By the time they got to the playoffs, they were a shell of the team they started with.

I'm worried about that happening to the Pats, this year. Loosing Edelman is bigger than loosing Lewis.

I'm most afraid of the next injury. The team I'm most worried about facing (in the playoffs) is Cincinnati.

FWIW, the Pats injury situation this year is similar to Cincinnati's last year. By the time they got to the playoffs, they were a shell of the team they started with.

I'm worried about that happening to the Pats, this year. Loosing Edelman is bigger than loosing Lewis.

Gronk & Edelman are the two biggest playmakers for brady. Was a huge reason why they won in the playoffs & SB.

Gronk & Edelman are the two biggest playmakers for brady. Was a huge reason why they won in the playoffs & SB.

True but Amendola is a great back up to have. He was money yesterday as a returner and receiver.

True but Amendola is a great back up to have. He was money yesterday as a returner and receiver.

Amendola looked great yesterday getting open. Catching the ball. Just need either dobson or Martin . When he gets back from injury to be the new slot WR. Martin huge advantage he can catch the ball. When brady targets him.

Regarding the Edelman injury we need Amendola to fill his shoes, and LaFell to fill Amendolas old shoes. Lewis is a different story as we dont have the same quality depth imo.

About ourselves, I don't want to go 18-1 again and lose the Super Bowl. I don't want the stress of being unbeaten again. I could easily live with a loss or 2 and a Super Bowl win.

^This^This^This^This^This^This^This^This^This^This^This^

I'd prefer going 19 - 0.

:shrug_n:

They could steal that division this year with the way GB is playing.

I agree but would not use the word steal, they are a really good team this year, their defense has been getting there over the last few seasons and finally we are seeing, or rather I am seeing it, shine. GB going through their rough patch is helping definitely but Vikings are doing well and think they should get some credit for that.

What I am most worried about with the way the injuries are going is looking back on this season and thinking about "what could have been."

:(

Back