Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Russell Wilson - 2 SB appearances & 1 Ring

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Andrew Luck - Highest Contract & Best College QB

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other - Please specify

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Overall, yes. Maybe not exactly as its a pretty high bar to reach and who knows what will happen with championships as so much has to go right for that to happen.

They're obviously different players from a skill set. Luck's main problem right now (as I see it) is that he tries to do too much sometimes. Manning had that same issue for awhile and I get why. Luck has at least acknowledged it publically, so he's aware.

That all said, from watching him, Luck has something special I can't tangibly define. I love his humility and his general attitude. After just a few years I already like him way more than I ever did Manning on a personal level.

He's not a finished product (but who is at this stage of their career?). But there isn't a doubt in my mind he'll figure it out.

these are the things that set him apart. ManninHGH was always ready and willing to throw somebody under the bus after he fvcked up.

That would not be a cross to bear for Dolts fans. When you watch Luck, do you see him having Manning's success? His game is nothing like Manning and his ability to read defenses is suspect to say the least. He is still young and can improve but Manning at least had Polian and Dungy running things not Frick and Frack.

You mean Peyton had Tom Moore.

Overall, yes. Maybe not exactly as its a pretty high bar to reach and who knows what will happen with championships as so much has to go right for that to happen.

They're obviously different players from a skill set. Luck's main problem right now (as I see it) is that he tries to do too much sometimes. Manning had that same issue for awhile and I get why. Luck has at least acknowledged it publically, so he's aware.

That all said, from watching him, Luck has something special I can't tangibly define. I love his humility and his general attitude. After just a few years I already like him way more than I ever did Manning on a personal level.

He's not a finished product (but who is at this stage of their career?). But there isn't a doubt in my mind he'll figure it out.
Yeah, I agree with this. I think overall, besides having to fill Peyton's big shoes, he has come into the league with enormous expectations as the top pick which is what Manning had to deal with as well. If they have success, they were supposed to have it. If they come up short then it is everyone's fault but theirs. That can be a tough burden to bear. I think one of the reasons that Brady has had such great success is because he had zero expectations. He was supposed to hold a clip board his entire career and that has fueled him and allowed him to compete free of pressure - not that there isn't pressure to be a starting QB but you get the point.

Luck is humble and his personality is infinity more likeable than Manning IMO. I do think his GM and coaching will continue to limit his growth and success. Irsay should have canned Grigson and Pagano. But Luck is stuck with them. Manning had Polian and then Elway. He was very fortunate in his career. Luck is climbing an up hill battle and on top his division is improving. Just getting to the post-season won't be a cake walk like it was for Manning.

I'd have given it to Rhode and Addai together, but no one asks me.

Also, if you want to compare Luck to Manning, Luck is WAY ahead of Manning at this point of his career. Luck's already been to an AFCCG (maybe a SB if it wasn't for you ****ers...) while Manning hadn't even won a playoff game at that point.

agreed on both counts

oh, and as far as that last thing is concerned...o:)

You mean Peyton had Tom Moore.

Yes but Polian was a solid GM too. He got the rules changed for Manning and put some stellar teams around him that Manning wasted with his poor post-season performances.

From a GM perspective...

Wilson is on a team with a great defense and a solid offense with a very good running game. Petey has also protected Wilson well with his play calling. Wilson is a solid player and I'd be happy if he were my QB.

Newton is on a team with a solid defense but average to below average skill players at WR. Despite the team's poor SB showing, Newton carried that team last year and won the MVP for his efforts. Newton should shine this year with those WRs he has now.

Luck throws too many dumb interceptions, he holds the ball too long relative to his OL (he knows he's going to get hit, so get rid of it!) and he gets injured too much as a consequence. He's overrated imo but his new contract is the going rate but as his GM I'm not happy about his progress since he's been in the league.

I'm surprised a little that Derek Carr hasn't been mentioned. Carr made a rookie, Amari Cooper, look like an All Pro veteran and he made Michael Crabtree have the best season of his 7 in the league. Carr is an up and coming QB who makes good decisions and makes his players better. If I'm a GM I'd be very happy with Derek Carr as my QB.

1. Newton
2. Wilson
3. Carr

I also beg to differ with this: " Andrew Luck - Highest Contract & Best College QB". Newton won a Heisman and a Championship. What did Luck win? Maxwell Award, Walter Camp award and runner up to the Heisman to Newton.

Carr is definitely legit!

Wilson has been on a run first team, Brady has mostly been on a , give him the ball and he will win it. I have seen various years of bad defense here, a bad oline here, a bad receiving corp here, and Brady still wins, so no, its not just Brady is good because he is on a good team. There is no Qb that can do more with what he has than Brady. Belichick has a luxury of being able to spend money in other area's because Brady takes care of a lot of things without having to have a stacked amazing amount of talent in order to win. With that said, I have Wilson slightly over Carr at this point for best young QB. His flaws are less than the other young guys for sure. I am not sure, he could make a habit of throwing 40 times a game and winning, but few could.

For his first couple of seasons Wilson was part of a run first team and he certainly made the most of the opportunities he had.

Last year Lynch was out for most of the season and they had to pass a lot more. They put more weight on Wilson's shoulders and he had a huge year. I think a lot of people don't realize this even happened. He ended up with over 4,000 yards 34tds and 8 ints. 68% completion percentage and 553 rushing yards.

He basically does whatever the coaching staff wants or needs him to do and he does it successfully. I think with the Seahawks moving to a more pass heavy team, this wont even be a debate anymore. Wilson is going to be the best NFC QB.

For his first couple of seasons Wilson was part of a run first team and he certainly made the most of the opportunities he had.

Last year Lynch was out for most of the season and they had to pass a lot more. They put more weight on Wilson's shoulders and he had a huge year. I think a lot of people don't realize this even happened. He ended up with over 4,000 yards 34tds and 8 ints. 68% completion percentage and 553 rushing yards.

He basically does whatever the coaching staff wants or needs him to do and he does it successfully. I think with the Seahawks moving to a more pass heavy team, this wont even be a debate anymore. Wilson is going to be the best NFC QB.

Yeah. He had an MVP caliber year with no Lynch. He was the highest rated passer in the league at seasons end too and he did it with the most average set of receivers of any top QB. Many thought Wilson did not have a high ceiling but he dispelled that last year with his performance. He plays the position beautifully knowing when to pass, when to run, when to slide. He will continue to get better and be the best QB in the NFC.

Wilson is very accurate and he also DOES NOT MAKE BAD PLAYS WORSE, which I think is the most underrated quality a qb can have. TB has it, it's one thing that stood out to me about him right away (and made Bledsoe's lack of it more glaring)

You guys have zero idea what y'all are talking about. Trevor Siemian is the best young gun out there. Nuff said.

Well except for Andrew Luck. I would build a franchise around him any day. Wilson is real good and has a lot of heart, but I want to see what he and the Hawks can do now that the team has to pay him top QB dollar. There goes a lot of the talent around him.

The team was not as good with him doing that. He ran up a lot of stats against bottom feeders, in the end, very few QB's can win a superbowl by being pass only. In fact maybe only one. I mean seattle was 3rd ranked rushing team last year, so we can stop with the, he had not run game stuff. I mean their backup averaged 5.6 ypc in Lynch's absence. His over 100 Qb ratings were against Bears(awful defense) Lions..ditto, niners ditto, steelers, ditto, ravens Cleveland...ditto so basically he had two good games against good teams and one was not playing for anything in Arizona.

You guys have zero idea what y'all are talking about. Trevor Siemian is the best young gun out there. Nuff said.

Well except for Andrew Luck. I would build a franchise around him any day. Wilson is real good and has a lot of heart, but I want to see what he and the Hawks can do now that the team has to pay him top QB dollar. There goes a lot of the talent around him.

He had a good year, but they were still 3rd in rushing, he still only threw 480 times, and the team was not near as good with him chucking it that much. They are a run first team, that is what they are. He is still IMO the best young QB.

Back