Why are they closing the beaches in Chatham?

babalu87

Beer....... proof that God loves us
Reaction score
Has anyone been bit, rubbed up against or otherwise made fun of by a Great White?

Tell everyone that there are Great Whites around
Issue a warning........ put up a sign or three and call it a day.

Maybe tell that chubby kid hanging out on a boogie board with his arms and legs dangling isnt the best of plans........... at least early in the morning or late in the day.

Also, WHAT THE FECK are the "Harbormasters" and Police boats doing with high powered rifles while on "shark patrol" (INSANE WASTE OF MONEY)
Great Whites are PROTECTED
WORLDWIDE
There are fines and pelaties (Emmitt) for killing them.

Do they close the woods when a Grizzly is spotted?
Oooooh, saw a Black Bear with cubs CALL IN THE NATIONAL GUARD

Better shut down those roadways in New Hampshire and Maine............ there are Moose on the Loose (No Moosehead) and they are KILLING MACHINES!

Pretty soon we're all going to evolve to having baginas (NOT a dig at teh womenz)

I agree. Let people know that there are sharks in the area and say "swim at your own risk". I mean there are sharks around all the time in hawaii and california, and florida and where ever else, they don't shut their beaches down every single day.

Has anyone been bit, rubbed up against or otherwise made fun of by a Great White?

Maybe tell that chubby kid hanging out on a boogie board with his arms and legs dangling isnt the best of plans........... at least early in the morning or late in the day.

Also, WHAT THE FECK are the "Harbormasters" and Police boats doing with high powered rifles while on "shark patrol" (INSANE WASTE OF MONEY)
WORLDWIDE

Better shut down those roadways in New Hampshire and Maine............ there are Moose on the Loose (No Moosehead) and they are KILLING MACHINES!

Pretty soon we're all going to evolve to having baginas (NOT a dig at teh womenz)
I was down to the Outer Cape last week

they was a shid-ton of New Yawkahz theyah

theys closing the beaches to protect the Great Whites from these nasty-azz GD people is what theys doin.....and that's just the women from there I seen :Lecture:

I posted my post (sans teh PP inclusions) over on the Globes website................... teh nanny's will be after me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, this is what happens when they make you stop clubbing seals - the seals grow up to adulthood, squeeze out a few pups, etc etc and then the seals come down to Chatham Harbor to hang out, and then their milkshake brings all the great whites runnin' to the yard... and all it's gonna take is one dumbass in a wetsuit (who, despite being warned, goes anyway) on a board who looks like a seal to a shark below, and people are getting sued like crazy, losing jobs, the economy suffers, jobs and homes are lost, families destroyed, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria, until finally society crumbles as man no longer reigns supreme on the planet...

Clubbing seals prevents this horror story from happening...

This message paid for by the Greater Seal Clubbing Economic Co-Prosperity Ad Council, and also by Ice-Pac Safaris - Arctic Big & Small Game Hunting for the Cold-Blooded

And a bigger shark:coffee:

We're too late - he just pushed her overboard...

shark1_1106.jpg

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=us/2010/08/12/ricks.shark.encounter.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=us/2010/08/12/ricks.shark.encounter.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

jaws1.gif

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8sl1K1lgaXs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

OOPS <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5bvuoy18B4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5bvuoy18B4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
:coffee:

WORLDWIDE

It ain't worth it. I live not far from Chatham and there are about 10,000 seals swimming all over the place and there have been sightings of about 10 Great Whites over 15 feet long so far. They are still juveniles. Next summer they should be doing the "Air Jaws" thing as they will be mature adult sharks.

The last thing the tourism industry here needs is some kid getting eaten by a shark becasue he looks like a seal.

It ain't worth it. I live not far from Chatham and there are about 10,000 seals swimming all over the place and there have been sightings of about 10 Great Whites over 15 feet long so far. They are still juveniles. Next summer they should be doing the "Air Jaws" thing as they will be mature adult sharks.

The last thing the tourism industry here needs is some kid getting eaten by a shark becasue he looks like a seal.

You know they've been out there for longer than the last few years right?

COOL!!! I don't need to go all the way to Africa now. I need to find someone who has a cage and a big boat (not a rubber raft), and the cage can't have a huge hole in the sides.

You know they've been out there for longer than the last few years right?

Yeah but they weren't the flying ones.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J4YjmwCs6H0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J4YjmwCs6H0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yeah but they weren't the flying ones.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J4YjmwCs6H0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J4YjmwCs6H0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You didnt see what I saw then.

I've seen on more than a few occasions a milling Bluefin tuna taken down by a big ass shark.

Whether it was Big Mako's or White I dont know because I dont have the luxury of super slo motion and my attention was focused elsewhere (usually on the baits behind the boat)
When it happens it happens fast and the two of us look at each other and say HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT!

Milling Bluefin: Are swimming at the surface regulating body temperature and arent actively feeding though they can be coaxed into feeding if boat/bait placement is perfect and the fish cooperates.

You didnt see what I saw then.

I've seen on more than a few occasions a milling Bluefin tuna taken down by a big ass shark.

Whether it was Big Mako's or White I dont know because I dont have the luxury of super slo motion and my attention was focused elsewhere (usually on the baits behind the boat)
When it happens it happens fast and the two of us look at each other and say HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THAT!

Milling Bluefin: Are swimming at the surface regulating body temperature and arent actively feeding though they can be coaxed into feeding if boat/bait placement is perfect and the fish cooperates.

Sounds like you may have witnessed the Asian Carp. They can jump into boats ya know.

Back