Why I have a bad feeling about this game against the Texans

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
Facebook was kind of enough to remind me of this image that I posted 6 years ago today. I've been thinking about that game a lot going into this weekend's game about the Texans.

Yeah after that 45-3 win, that playoff game was shocking.

You never know....any given Sunday and all that.

I'm not seeing it. Not even remotely close.

Unlike this "#1 overall ranked defense", the Jets had a legitimate great defense coupled with a coach that knew how to coach defense.

Yeah after that 45-3 win, that playoff game was shocking.

You never know....any given Sunday and all that.

good thing this game is on a Saturday.

Reminds me of a story I read once when I was a kid-

this outlaw terrorized the French countryside. A gypsy fortune teller had once told him that the hangman's noose would never be placed around his neck. The local magistrate finally caught him. He was convicted of a number of crimes and sentenced to death. Remembering what the gypsy had told him, he laughed all the way to the gallows, telling his guards what a historic day this would be and how he couldn't wait to meet the executioner.

Yup...he laughed himself silly all the way out in to the courtyard...where he saw the guillotine.

That Jets loss sucked. Brady wasn't very good after a phenomenal regular season. Lots of misplays, including that botched fake punt. Many dropped passes at bad times, and a number of big plays given up by the D. Jets played well.

It was the perfect storm of the Jets playing one of their best games of the year and the Pats playing their worst, WAY below even their baseline average.

Obviously the same could happen this weekend. The Pats could put forth a 2014 KC-type effort and Houston could unpredictably roll on both sides of the ball. Anything can happen. but, this team is stronger from top to bottom than that 2010 team and Houston is weaker than those Jets.

Game still has to be played and doubt will always creep in, but if the Pats play even 75% of their regular season peak, it's not going to be a difficult win.

That Jets loss sucked. Brady wasn't very good after a phenomenal regular season. Lots of misplays, including that botched fake punt. Many dropped passes at bad times, and a number of big plays given up by the D. Jets played well.

It was the perfect storm of the Jets playing one of their best games of the year and the Pats playing their worst, WAY below even their baseline average.

Obviously the same could happen this weekend. The Pats could put forth a 2014 KC-type effort and Houston could unpredictably roll on both sides of the ball. Anything can happen. but, this team is stronger from top to bottom than that 2010 team and Houston is weaker than those Jets.

Game still has to be played and doubt will always creep in, but if the Pats play even 75% of their regular season peak, it's not going to be a difficult win.
I blame Welker 100 percent for that loss.

Pat's by at least 4 scores. Texas takes a beating unprecedented since Santa Anna visited the Alamo.

Pat's by at least 4 scores. Texas takes a beating unprecedented since Santa Anna visited the Alamo.

Ahh...now that we've declared this to be a karma thread...I see what you're doing

Ahh...now that we've declared this to be a karma thread...I see what you're doing

Dropping truth bombs all over you negative Nellie's?

Seriously, does anyone really believe a team lead by Brock ****ing Osweiler is going to best New England? If so, how many mushrooms did you eat and are there any left?

Dropping truth bombs all over you negative Nellie's?

Seriously, does anyone really believe a team lead by Brock ****ing Osweiler is going to best New England? If so, how many mushrooms did you eat and are there any left?

Nah dude, I'm just screwing with you.

I personally think a Houston win= a loss by less than 4 TDs.

I could throw a snow ball in my microwave and it would stand a better chance of survival than Houston has of getting past this game.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

I am speechless..........lol. Apparently most of them don't know that many of the leaders who died in the battle for the Alamo were not from Tejas.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/for...-win-in-a-fight-between-a-texan-and-a-patriot

"Didn't all the Texans die there?"

the ONLY saving grace is Bill is smart enough to have the hearth throb on the bench, a man willing to take his shirt off and get to work, a man who makes the mountains rise in deep breaths of pleasure... the reason a Jets game of 6 years ago will not happen is ....

aa409fc98b3a9481f1b8b5bd23b2cb98.jpg

The stupid is strong with this one. lol <!-- REPLY --><!--vb:if condition="!$conversation['unpublishdate'] OR $canPhysicallyDeletePost"--><!-- /REPLY -->

<HR class="b-divider--section OLD__section-divider">
<TIME itemprop="dateCreated" datetime="2013-01-07T18:41:34">01-07-2013, 01:41 PM</TIME>

<!-- responsive alteration: Added userinfo-details wrapper in order to support left floated avatar with all other information on the right. -->
Marshall
Hall of Famer

<LABEL>Join Date:</LABEL> Nov 2011
  • <LABEL>Posts:</LABEL> 3876

Originally posted by PatsfanNH View Post
    Rather insulting since I am sure my geography knowledge is pretty good and Texas the easiest state to pick out. after all is the 2nd largest state in the union. (Alaska is #1). now those same shaped states are a PIA and easy mess up but not texas lol
    That wouldn't be true if they thawed Alaska out...

The stupid is strong with this one. lol <!-- REPLY --><!--vb:if condition="!$conversation['unpublishdate'] OR $canPhysicallyDeletePost"--><!-- /REPLY -->

<HR class="b-divider--section OLD__section-divider">
<TIME itemprop="dateCreated" datetime="2013-01-07T18:41:34">01-07-2013, 01:41 PM</TIME>

Originally posted by PatsfanNH View Post
Rather insulting since I am sure my geography knowledge is pretty good and Texas the easiest state to pick out. after all is the 2nd largest state in the union. (Alaska is #1). now those same shaped states are a PIA and easy mess up but not texas lo

If they cut Alaska in half, Texas would be 3rd largest. :coffee:

(Tex 268820 sq miles, Alaska 586412 sq miles)

Back