• No

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • Maybe, then order some Papa John's pizza

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Bacon

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
No thanks.

I don't even know if he really has anything that he can actually show Luck. Just thought it would be neat for both of them on the same sideline. But yeah the more I think about it Manning is really a selfish player as far as teaching any of his backups anything.

I don't even know if he really has anything that he can actually show Luck. Just thought it would be neat for both of them on the same sideline. But yeah the more I think about it Manning is really a selfish player as far as teaching any of his backups anything.

Honestly, I'd just rather not put Luck in a situation where he is literally in Manning's shadow.

That would be a disaster. Manning back on Indy? Every time Luck throws a pick, the crowd will want Manning. That would be a nightmare for Indy so I really hope it happens :)

Honestly, I'd just rather not put Luck in a situation where he is literally in Manning's shadow.

Yeah, I never thought about it like that! People would be whining for him to play instead of Luck. No thanks we are heading in the right direction me thinks!

I think he's done.

the guy can't throw a ball anymore. They showed an awful lot of highlights of him throwing TD passes against crap teams during the season, and the ball always looked the same...fluttering like a butterfly. Thinking that he's going to throw the ball better next season is a fantasy.

This was his last, best shot, and he Foreheaded it.

I think he retires before he does any more damage to his terrible post season stats. If he did retire it would be nice to have him as QB coach for Luck, since Christiansen is now going to Detroit to work with Jim Caldwell.

As if the great Manning would be locked down to a lame position for a team. Think Manning QB academies all over the nation for kids wanting to play like the forehead. Greatest ever QB of the NFL.

He said that he will have his neck checked out in March. If it's good he will come back.

He will have his throat checked out in April to see if he can stop choking.

I think he retires before he does any more damage to his terrible post season stats. If he did retire it would be nice to have him as QB coach for Luck, since Christiansen is now going to Detroit to work with Jim Caldwell.

Peyton is extremely smart but not sure how great of a fit he would be for Luck. Peyton is a pocket passer and when his line breaks down he craps his pants. Good example last night. Luck on the other hand is a good runner and can buy himself time. He did it quite a few times against Seattle until his receivers got open. That's not to say luck isn't good in the pocket because he is, but he is multitalented and can run also. None the less I wouldn't be against the idea of having Peyton on the coaching staff somewhere on the team. I think he becomes some type of coach for a team when he retires regardless. But Indy may not want him for their type of system now.

There is no way that manning on the coaching staff wouldn't end up undermining Luck and everyone above him (Pagano specifically). He's just too big a figure here to hold a minor role.

Disaster.

Did he forget to say Omaha last night.

On the first play of the game Peyton was looking out at the Seahawks fearsome D. He was definitely feeling the pressure to win. He muttered "Oh my heart."

The center swore he heard Omaha!

....and well...you know the rest of the story.

Cheers, BostonTim

Dungy said a day or so ago that he thought Manning would play four or five more years if he could. People say Manning is a NFL historian. He knows where he stands, statistic wise, in NFL lore. He may want to set the all time passing records at such a high level that they may never be broken. He may want to pass for 80,000 yards, for 600 touchdowns, records that may never be broken. He is now the all time leader in playoff passing yards, passing TB with his 280 yards in the Super Bowl. He might think, that even if he is not able to win another Super Bowl, it might be nice to set the passing records so high they will never be broken, win a few more MVPs and be selected to a few more First Team All Pro Teams so that no one will approach those records, either. He might decide that will be his legacy. Having records that may never be broken. And maybe making another 100 million in salary and 100 million in endorsements along the way, too.

Dungy said a day or so ago that he thought Manning would play four or five more years if he could. People say Manning is a NFL historian. He knows where he stands, statistic wise, in NFL lore. He may want to set the all time passing records at such a high level that they may never be broken. He may want to pass for 80,000 yards, for 600 touchdowns, records that may never be broken. He is now the all time leader in playoff passing yards, passing TB with his 280 yards in the Super Bowl. He might think, that even if he is not able to win another Super Bowl, it might be nice to set the passing records so high they will never be broken, win a few more MVPs and be selected to a few more First Team All Pro Teams so that no one will approach those records, either. He might decide that will be his legacy. Having records that may never be broken. And maybe making another 100 million in salary and 100 million in endorsements along the way, too.
Did you watch Sundays game?

His arm is dying. Literally.

someone will have to put you on suicide watch if Peyton does retire..
Posted via Mobile Device

All records get broken. And So will Mannings. Even if he sets all those records he's still going to be remembered as a great QB who couldn't finish in big games or even play well in big games.

Back