Will someone tell Branch to shut his mouth?

While I don't condone what he said, it could have been a lot worse. He'll be talked to by BB, of that I'm certain.

It just makes it look like the Jets are his concern and if he doesn't want them to celebrate, beat them and quit acting like a baby about it. You lost and they won. If you don't want them to celebrate, don't lose.

It just makes it look like the Jets are his concern and if he doesn't want them to celebrate, beat them and quit acting like a baby about it. You lost and they won. If you don't want them to celebrate, don't lose.
This ^

Until you beat them, STFU!!!

I see nothing wrong with his comments, just as I see nothing wrong with what Chad's said so far this preseason.

Really, some of you are worse than Baghdad Bob when it comes to this team. So what, Branch said that the Jets celebrating on his home field pissed him off. Good. I hope so. It certainly pissed me off.

I see nothing wrong with his comments, just as I see nothing wrong with what Chad's said so far this preseason.

Really, some of you are worse than Baghdad Bob when it comes to this team. So what, Branch said that the Jets celebrating on his home field pissed him off. Good. I hope so. It certainly pissed me off.

It didn't piss me off...my TV was broken by then. I didn't even see it.

It is out of character for both Branch and a BB coached team. Perhaps Bill is lightening things up a little?

It seems the reporter's opening question(s) are omitted from this article. Branch is replying to a question posed to him regarding comments he made immediately after last year's game. I guess he could have 'no commented' the reporter, but it is what it is.

It seems BB is more tolerant of some veteran players making comments (Rodney (miss you!), Willie, Tom, Chad, Deion) than he is of others. I prefer they do their talking on the field, but I can understand if they need to speak out sometimes, too.

I used to think there was some magic force that made the patriots better for not ever talking, and that somehow when other teams talked, it made the pats turn into this incredible hulk that would beat any team who dared to talk about them.....but now, I realize that it was just about talent and being the better team and talking does not mean a freaking thing one way or the other, in other words....I could care less. I have no problem with the players talking, they have to play, they have to go back it up, its different than a coach talking to me. When rex spouts off, he is putting his team in a spot where they have to backup what their coach said instead of what they say.

I guess I'm in this camp more than any other for this particular situation.

I don't really like when Pats players talk, but I can get with what Branch is saying here. Especially since he was asked a question and not just going off the rails on his own.

I used to think there was some magic force that made the patriots better for not ever talking, and that somehow when other teams talked, it made the pats turn into this incredible hulk that would beat any team who dared to talk about them.....but now, I realize that it was just about talent and being the better team and talking does not mean a freaking thing one way or the other, in other words....I could care less. I have no problem with the players talking, they have to play, they have to go back it up, its different than a coach talking to me. When rex spouts off, he is putting his team in a spot where they have to backup what their coach said instead of what they say.

:thumb:

Literally too. It was like as a fan, that the Pats not talking shit was thier superpower and when other teams did the Pats got all "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!!!!!!!" But really, after all the garbage the jets talked last year, they beat us in the playoffs. Having the best players and coaches wins games.

For realz. I do not understand why people think the team is melting down because veterans are answering questions. They did that before. My goodness. This isn't Welker accepting a bet.

I still think it's whiney and shows that it got to him. It's no different than what the Pats did to the Chargers. LT was a whiney bitch then and Branch is being a whiney bitch here.

I still think it's whiney and shows that it got to him. It's no different than what the Pats did to the Chargers. LT was a whiney bitch then and Branch is being a whiney bitch here.

I concur.
The nimrods at Ganggreen are loving this little topic, too.
Which sucks.

Brady said essentially the same thing as Branch, simply a bit more diplomatically.

Speaking during his weekly appearance on the Dennis & Callahan Show, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady admitted that the loss to the Jets in last season's playoffs was as difficult a defeat as he had experienced since entering the NFL. (To listen to the entire interview, click here.)

"The Jets, I'll never get over that loss," Brady said. "That's as painful as a loss as I think we've ever had here as a team.​

It is quite a bit different:

It was bad enough losing to New England, but the way the Patriots reacted to their AFC divisional playoff win is what made LaDainian Tomlinson lose his cool.

<table id="inlinetable" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="200"> <tbody><tr><th colspan="1" style="background-color:#000000;"><center>More from LT on ESPN Radio</center></th> </tr><tr style="background-color:#ececec;" valign="top"> <td width="184">
5452.jpg
LaDainian Tomlinson tells ESPN Radio 710 in Los Angeles he isn't backing down from his criticism of the Patrots' postgame celebration -- and says he wants to continue playing for Marty Schottenheimer. Listen
listen.gif
More takes on LT, Pats:
Mike Ditka
in.gif
listen.gif

Jerry Rice
in.gif
listen.gif

Michael Irvin
in.gif
listen.gif

PTI on LT
listen.gif

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> The San Diego Chargers' running back, upset that some Patriots were dancing on the Chargers' logo at midfield after they had silenced the record crowd of 68,810 at Qualcomm Stadium, went after an unidentified Patriots player, yelling and pointing, and had to be restrained by a teammate and former Charger Reche Caldwell, who had a huge game for the Patriots. "I would never react in that way. I was very upset," Tomlinson said. "When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the dance Shawne Merriman is known for, that is disrespectful. They showed no class and maybe that comes from the head coach."
Merriman, nicknamed "Lights Out," did a spasmodic dance to celebrate each of his NFL-high 17 sacks. Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said he saw some Patriots pointing to the scoreboard, mimicking the dance and stomping on the Chargers' logo at midfield.
"I think what got LT, and I was right there, was just a little of the taunting," Rivers said, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. "Hey, celebrate -- we'd have been sprinting on the field, too, I guarantee you. But it was a little finger-pointing and I don't know where it came from."
"It was upsetting to see because they won three Super Bowls," Merriman said, according to the Boston Herald. "It's like a guy on a fast break in basketball and dunking the ball and getting excited. You've won three Super Bowls. You don't do that."

I haven't liked Branch since he said he'd honor his contract, then refused to play out the last year of it. I still think it cost a Lombardi and BB is obviouslyk more forgiving than I am.

That said, I'm not quite up with Branch and LdT being the same. At least until someone tells me Branch told everyone on national television how classy he is, and that the Jets were classless and it came from their coach.

Back