Will the Raiders be pushovers?

Not really. Like I've said, the Seahawks have played much better than their record would indicate.

I think the 10 days of rest was a huge factor. I bet you thought Seneca Wallace was going to "light up" the Pats D too.....

The Raiders are playing out the string. If they were in the hunt, this would be a dangerous game. Pats cruise.

We can trot out Chris Slade, Chad Eaton, even bring in Tippet and Blackmon at their respective ages and we could STILL win by about 12 against the Raiders.

Yes, and even at their ages, Slade, Eaton, Tippett, and Blackmon are probably better than what we'll be fielding. :shrug:

We'll agree to disagree on this issue. You seem to be under the impression that this is the same team that went 16-0. I'm under the impression that this team (at least on D) isn't even a mere shell or shadow of its former self. If they can "hold" the Raiders to 28, the Cards to 35, and the Bills to about 31, that would be no surprise to me. It's up to the Pats' offense to go wild in the last three games, and for ST not to #$&^ up, otherwise the season's over.

I think the 10 days of rest was a huge factor. I bet you thought Seneca Wallace was going to "light up" the Pats D too.....
No, I thought the Pats would win, but I also thought the Hawks would keep it close. Holmgren is still their coach, which should account for SOMETHING.

Yes, and even at their ages, Slade, Eaton, Tippett, and Blackmon are probably better than what we'll be fielding. :shrug:

We'll agree to disagree on this issue. You seem to be under the impression that this is the same team that went 16-0. I'm under the impression that this team (at least on D) isn't even a mere shell or shadow of its former self. If they can "hold" the Raiders to 28, the Cards to 35, and the Bills to about 31, that would be no surprise to me. It's up to the Pats' offense to go wild in the last three games, and for ST not to #$&^ up, otherwise the season's over.
Actually, last season our D kinda scared me. Our LB corps was slow and aging, outside of Asante, our secondary wasn't much to bark about either(much less this season) and they benefited from the offense hanging an average of 41 points a game to be able to pin their ears back and feed off of the opposition trying to force passes.

As EBF said, this Raiders team is not even caring anymore. They're not contending for anything anymore and they don't care enough about the franchise(due to its senile and maniacal owner) to want to play spoilers. Even with the patchwork D we have, we're facing a team that can't get ANYTHING going offensively and ranks DEAD LAST in almost all offensive categories.

The only way this game is close is if the Pats come out completely flat.

Luso, not that I like the Raiders, but did they kill your firstborn at some point? :)
Why is what I said being interpreted as Raider hatred.

I hate them like all others here do, but that's besides the point. From what I've seen from that team this season tells me that they pose practically no threat to be even remotely competitive against the Pats, no matter how injured our D is. And to compare them to the Seahawks we just faced based on records alone is foolish.

Let's assume the three guys injured this past week--Bruschi, Wilfork, and James Sanders--don't play. Let's also assume Warren remains out, as do Woods and Redd.

If that all happens, this is what they'll be fielding.

Available DL (4): Seymour, Mike Wright, LeKevin Smith, Jarvis Green.

Available LB (6): Vrabel, Seau, Mayo, Guyton, Colvin, Izzo.

Available DB (8): O'Neal, Hobbs, Meriweather, Wilhite, Lewis Sanders, Spann, Ventrone, Mike Richardson.

That's it, as far as I know. They'd have eighteen defenders.

The only way this game is close is if the Pats come out completely flat.

you mean like they did against the Squealers?

In all seriousness, I don't see this game being competative beyond half time

Let's assume the three guys injured this past week--Bruschi, Wilfork, and James Sanders--don't play. Let's also assume Warren remains out, as do Woods and Redd.

If that all happens, this is what they'll be fielding.

Available DL (4): Seymour, Mike Wright, LeKevin Smith, Jarvis Green.

Available LB (6): Vrabel, Seau, Mayo, Guyton, Colvin, Izzo.

Available DB (8): O'Neal, Hobbs, Meriweather, Wilhite, Lewis Sanders, Spann, Ventrone, Mike Richardson.

That's it, as far as I know. They'd have eighteen defenders.
And they will be facing against an offense that is THE WORST IN THE NFL. I've said this more than once but many here have not quite understood that.

And they will be facing against an offense that is THE WORST IN THE NFL. I've said this more than once but many here have not quite understood that.

And the defense the Pats start might be the worst in the NFL. We've said this more than once but some here have not quite understood that. ;)

you mean like they did against the Squealers?

In all seriousness, I don't see this game being competative beyond half time
Yup, same here.

Plus, the Steeler game was a combo of an offensive bedshitting coupled with just a flat out violent Steeler D. Those guys reminded me of the Pats of 2003-04, when we used to intimidate the living hell out of opposing offenses.

And the defense the Pats start might be the worst in the NFL. We've said this more than once but some here have not quite understood that. ;)
We're bad when the opposing offense reaches the red zone. 2nd worst in the NFL to be exact.

However, this would entail that the Raiders would be able to REACH the Red Zone first. I honestly would be surprised if they cross the 50 yard line more than 4 times all game.

+1 very good comparison

thanks!

You look at the '81 Pats, and you think "how the fuk did this team go 2-14?"

You look at the '90 Pats, and you think "how the fuk did this team NOT go 0-16?"

I fear the raidah offense will look like the Pat's offense of 2007 by the time the game is over. This defense is downright scary when it comes to stopping drives on 3rd down and in the red zone. Playing against the Pat's D lately, it seems all opposing offenses come to life and move the ball at will (although they did tighten things up in the second half of the seahags game.) Way too many injuries on the D, causing much pain for Pats fans.

And the Pats need to stop settling for FGs. They must get TDs down in the red zone.

I feel that all these injuries the Pats have suffered this season will again be made apparent this Sunday. I expect the Pats to win, but I don't think it'll be pretty. Teams still show up to play the Pats like they're prepared to make a statement. Look at how Seattle played. The Jets, Miami......

I agree 100%. This is each team's chance to get back at the "perfect and cheating" patriots (not how I feel about them, though).

Now I think the Pats will give an honest effort every week. I just think they are a tad better than average, and any team that plays it's best, will be able to beat the Pats on a given Sunday.

So I'm going to make a prediction: Either a. the curtain will come down on the Pats at about 7:00 p.m. Sunday, with them losing and the Jets and/or Dolphins winning; or b. things go the very best way: Pats win, and the jets/miami lose.

"All or nothing Sunday!" (quote me if you want)

Back