Will the Raiders be pushovers?

The Pats will rout these clowns. I have a feeling a very motivated Moss will have 3 TD's and about 150 yards against his old team.

I have a feeling a very motivated Moss will have 3 TD's and about 150 yards against his old team.

Oh, I do, to. I already claimed he'd have 175 and two TDs. The Pats might score 35.

But they might also give up 36. :(

Oh, I do, to. I already claimed he'd have 175 and two TDs. The Pats might score 35.

But they might also give up 36. :(
They should forfeit the rest of the season if they give up that many to this Raiders offense.

Words can not describe just how awful they are. Actually, if you were to consider numbers as words, then yes they could describe them.

Detroit Lions Offense: 16.8 PPG and 261.3 YPG
Oakland Raiders Offense: 13.8 PPG and 255.6 YPG

A WINLESS Detroit Lions team is putting up more yards and points than the Raiders. C'mon, let's ditch the BB talk to BB himself, the Raiders are bums.

Again, anything less than a 2 touchdown win against these stiffs would be a shock.

Another number to consier: 137.2

That's how many PASSING YARDS the Raiders O puts up on average. The very WORST in the NFL. Even with O'Neal and Hobbs, our Defense could get about 5 turnovers in this game, 3 of them by way of Interceptions.

I mean seriously, this Raiders offense is a joke and, like I stated previously, our practice squad will probably put up a better fight against our defensive starters this week than the Raiders.

And that's what Belichick will say, which won't be surprising.

Realistically though, I will be shocked if we don't win by, at least, 2 TDs. Russell is very erratic, Walter was chosen by Webster's Dictionary to be the illustration of Garbage, their RBs are banged up and their D seems to just play to earn a paycheck each week.

BB will have this team ready and I wouldn't be surprised if O'Connell does mop-up duty in the 2nd half.

I thought the same thing about the Seahawks and they are worse.

I usually never make predictions but this game will be lopsided. In a big way. Pats will roll. 3 TD's for Cassel.

I thought the same thing about the Seahawks and they are worse.
No they aren't. It's not even close. Again, don't judge by their record.

Hell, I've already made the statistical comparison. The Hawks have played alot of close games and have a far more effective offense than Oakland. The Raiders are even WORSE THAN THE WINLESS LIONS.

Again, this one should not even be close, EVEN with the patchwork D we have. The only difference between having a healthy D and the D we currently have is the difference between winning by 30 and winning by 14. Either way, I expect this one to be an absolute laugher.

I usually never make predictions but this game will be lopsided. In a big way. Pats will roll. 3 TD's for Cassel.
And it won't be 4 or 5 because O'Connell will be playing in most of the 2nd half.

I'm pretty much like you stan in the sense that I don't make predictions, but this one is about as easy as buying a lottery ticket after being told of the winning numbers 4 days before. Barring a complete and total bedshtting by the Pats, this one is a total romp.

This will be the 3rd opponent in a row for the Patriots coming off 10 day layover combined with the 2nd back-to-back west coast games. I don't think this game is going to be that easy considering the Raiders have shown they can play well. Granted they haven't been consistent, but they do have a couple of "good wins" this year.

I still think the Patriots are going to win, however I am deeply concerned about the injuries to the DL and LBs now. :doh:

What I would really like to see is a happy Randy scoring lots of points. And a patched up squad playoff spot. That'd make me happy.

I don't think this game is going to be that easy considering the Raiders have shown they can play well. Granted they haven't been consistent, but they do have a couple of "good wins" this year.
They have?

The 3 wins they've had was against a Bronco team that is flat out inconsistant(the same team we destroyed earlier in the season in Foxboro which should speak volumes since the Broncos traditionally spank us), a hapless Cheifs team WAAAAAY back when the Raiders still thought they had a chance at being relevant and an OT win against the Jets in which Mangini pulls a brainfart to end all brainfarts.

Hell, even the 1-win Cheifs won on their 2nd time around against these guys. The Raiders are nothing more than 53 guys already making offseason plans in the Caribbean lead by an owner who still thinks Nixon is still president.

They have?

The 3 wins they've had was against a Bronco team that is flat out inconsistant(the same team we destroyed earlier in the season in Foxboro which should speak volumes since the Broncos traditionally spank us), a hapless Cheifs team WAAAAAY back when the Raiders still thought they had a chance at being relevant and an OT win against the Jets in which Mangini pulls a brainfart to end all brainfarts.

10 days of rest.

Back to back WC trips.

The Broncos are 8-5 and as of right now are a playoff team

The Jets are 8-5 and as of right now are a playoff team. The Mangini thing isn't the Raiders problem, that's on the NYJ, not the Raiders fault. They won.

Yes, I would say those are 2 good wins. Every team can catch lightening in a bottle once a month, and that is something that I am taking into consideration going into this week's game.

Let me just say: I would rather play for the Lions than the Raiders.

10 days of rest.

Back to back WC trips.

The Broncos are 8-5 and as of right now are a playoff team

The Jets are 8-5 and as of right now are a playoff team. The Mangini thing isn't the Raiders problem, that's on the NYJ, not the Raiders fault. They won.

Yes, I would say those are 2 good wins. Every team can catch lightening in a bottle once a month, and that is something that I am taking into consideration going into this week's game.
Broncos are a 5-11 team benefitting from playing in the AFC West which is only slightly better than the NFC West.

Jets I'll give ya though.

And it the WC thing is not a factor this week since it'll be their 2nd week on the West Coast. These aren't the Gruden/Callahan led Raiders of 2001-02 that were scoring left and right. This is the Tom Cable led group of schlubs wanting the season to end already.

BB knows how to prepare this team to play each week, and I fully expect this one to be over early.

I think you're expecting a bit much, Luso. As has been stated ad nauseam, this defense is particularly offensive right now. If Warren, Wilfork, and Bruschi all can't go, they'd be starting Seymour, Vrabel, Meriweather, and eight other guys who didn't start in Game One. I don't care if the Raiders field 11 geriatrics, with Al Davis himself at QB.... they'd probably still score a couple of TDs.

I think you're expecting a bit much, Luso. As has been stated ad nauseam, this defense is particularly offensive right now. If Warren, Wilfork, and Bruschi all can't go, they'd be starting Seymour, Vrabel, Meriweather, and eight other guys who didn't start in Game One. I don't care if the Raiders field 11 geriatrics, with Al Davis himself at QB.... they'd probably still score a couple of TDs.
And again, even with the patchwork D we have right now, we're going up against a team that has THE WORST OFFENSE IN THE NFL. And I don't mean by barely even. I'm talking a team than can't break 150 yards passing a week and are losing games in ugly fashion.

We can trot out Chris Slade, Chad Eaton, even bring in Tippet and Blackmon at their respective ages and we could STILL win by about 12 against the Raiders.

Broncos are a 5-11 team benefitting from playing in the AFC West which is only slightly better than the NFC West.

They're 8-5, in the playoffs, which we can't say about the Pats right now. :shrug:

Jets I'll give ya though.

Oh, thank you.

And it the WC thing is not a factor this week since it'll be their 2nd week on the West Coast. These aren't the Gruden/Callahan led Raiders of 2001-02 that were scoring left and right. This is the Tom Cable led group of schlubs wanting the season to end already.

I'm fully aware this isn't Gruden/Callahan/Gannon's Raiders. The point is that they're capable of winning on any given week, have had 10 days of rest, are at home, and playing a beat up Patriots team on the 2nd leg of back to back WC trips. I expect the Patriots to win this game, but don't think it's going to be over early.

I think the 10 days of rest are a HUGE factor. We saw it against Pittsburgh, and we saw it against the Seahawks. If it weren't for the Patriots being so resilient on Sunday, where other NFL teams may have lost, the Patriots found a way to win. I'm sure you thought that game on Sunday was going to be over early too. These are real factors that I don't think should be fluffed over.

And I will stress again, we came off of a game against a 2-11 team that has played MUCH better than their record indicates. 5 of the 11 losses the Hawks have are by less than a TD, another 2 by 10 points. They were not exactly pushovers.

Again, don't compare Seattle to Oakland. It's not even close.

I think the 10 days of rest are a HUGE factor. We saw it against Pittsburgh, and we saw it against the Seahawks. If it weren't for the Patriots being so resilient on Sunday, where other NFL teams may have lost, the Patriots found a way to win. I'm sure you thought that game on Sunday was going to be over early too. These are real factors that I don't think should be fluffed over.
Not really. Like I've said, the Seahawks have played much better than their record would indicate.

Back