Winter is Coming - Got 2019? (SPOILER ALERT)

On a side note, I did enjoy that Aaron Rodgers was burnt alive the second he came on screen for his cameo.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Aaron Rodgers on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GameofThrones?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GameofThrones</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/kingofthenorth?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#kingofthenorth</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoT?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoT</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AaronRodgers12</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/tyschmit?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@tyschmit</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatMcAfeeShow</a> <a href="https://t.co/Pex3hveCgP">pic.twitter.com/Pex3hveCgP</a></p>— Rich Huber (@Goprobassguy) <a href="https://twitter.com/Goprobassguy/status/1127767578963775488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 13, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Heh. Appropriate.

Jerry Thornton
2 mins ·
Remember when Atlanta was up 28-9 in FG range and decided to throw the ball?

This:

60360410_10217090967400389_8065052381127114752_n.jpg

"A Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing."— Aemon Targaryen (season five, episode five)

"A Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing."— Aemon Targaryen (season five, episode five)

Yup! We all knew the Dany crazy train was coming.

She now has a nice pile of smoldering rubble and ash to rule.

That whole vision of the iron throne and snow? Yeah, turns out that was ash.

So Cersei is dead and the only one left with green eyes is Dany. Looks like she made Arya's list for the final.

I think it's as simple as the Targaryen blood running through her veins. As soon as she realized that she had won then she went full Targaryen.

That occurred to me as well. I found it disappointing that Dany went from unchaining the slaves to murdering women and children and I can't see how they wrote her that way. I didn't want to buy the DNA thing, but she seems well beyond any kind of redemption. Imagine what the parents who named their daughter Khaleesi or Daenerys are thinking this morning. Betrayed, probably.

I was pretty happy with the outcome of Cleganebowl. That was honestly the best possible outcome. The whole fight I was yelling for the Hound to stab him through the head like a zombie. Imagine my surprise when even that didn't phase him.

I agree. It was one hell of a brutal battle. I thought it was fitting that the Hound was dead as soon as he hit the ground, so the fire couldn't get him.

Sansa & Tyrion rule Kings Landing

Jon Snow will be the Warden of the North

Arya will be the hand...or she might have a change of heart and marry Gendry.

I think these folks are determined to out-clever all the predictors and won't go with anything logical (and elegant) as the first one.

The next two I think are unlikely. I think both of them are broken now.

The scene at the end with Arya and the way the camera lingered at the burnt bodies of the innocent Mother and Child embracing made me think she's probably had enough of Death. The metaphor was pretty pronounced, I thought. I like her to go back to Winterfell and live a simple life.

Jon appears ruined because his faith, hope and love was obliterated when his Auntie turned out to be a psycho monster. Yeah, he most definitely backed the wrong horse in that one. It suppose it seemed like a good idea at the time.

He's probably feeling unfit to do anything that involves judgement over people, but I hold out a slim hope that the ending is something like Jon using his loyalty/love to Dany to weasel his way past the family dog and kill her before he gets blasted.

I love Jon's character and he's been my favorite up until recently, but I think there is something to be said for going out in a blaze of glory. It's fiction, but that's the way I would write it. People would lose their minds.

If I was really feeling salty, I'd have Drogon die instantly as his Mother does (he'd be a very large loose end) and Ghost shows up and starts licking Jon's face and they head off, together, towards parts unknown as the credits roll.

Dany is definitely going to go legit, off the rails power crazy. Jon's just going to be left singing this

Like "burn them all - mad queen" crazy? I could see that happening with GRRM.

I don't know if it will be quite that crazy, but last night's episode came off as a concentrated effort to make her much less likable. Seems like they're setting up something with her. She was not happy with Sansa or Jon.

Turned out it was quite more crazy :)

This show has turned from the best show on TV to very expensive fan fiction. I think the turn in quality writing can be traced to them running out of material to adapt. They seemed very skilled at adapting GRRMs books into a TV show. But ever since season 5 when they started venturing outside the books they can't seem to get it right. GRMM probably gave them a broad outline of the events leading to the end of the books and they had to fill in the rest themselves. Starting with season 5 when they completely butchered the Dorne/Sand Snakes story line its been downhill. Tyrions character has been probably the one most affected from it. He suddenly became an idiot who went from playing chess to checkers and then getting trounced at checkers by Cercei of all people. Multiple times! In season 6 I chalked it up to him still being affected from his patricide and not being familiar with the socio-political realities of Essos in general and Slavers bay in particular. After all Westeros hasn't had slavery for centuries. But he's become even dumber since he landed at Dragon Stone last season.
Little Fingers clever machinations were reduced to selling the woman he loves (or is infatuated with) to Ramsey and not realizing that he would brutalize her emotionally and physically? And after that he tries a cockamamie scheme to pit Sansa and Arya against each other.
Sansa is supposed to have become this clever player to rival LF but is basically one step away from being tricked into hostilities against her sister by a man she should know can't be trusted. She pulls Jon into a conflict he doesn't want to participate in, then keeps bitching at Jon about that conflict which is at the point of no return because they don't have enough men. All the while not disclosing that she has reinforcements coming. Then she again bitches and moans about him bending the knee to Danny when that was the only way they had a chance to survive the Long Night. She keeps being confronted with these inconsistencies by Jon and her response is resting bitch face and "you should have asked me first". WTF?
Danny has had brutality and the sense of entitlement in her from the beginning. What she hasn't had nor has it even been hinted at is complete psychopathic murder rage against defenseless women and children. They could have sold me on her attacking the Red Keep and burning it down if the sack was not going well and she was losing people left and right in it. Like losing Jon and GreyWorm. But her doing a Heel Turn after she has won with minimal bloodshed is just incomprehensible.
At this point I'm glad the show is ending.

Ya I mean it's still entertaining, but the writing is terrible. They spent YEARS hyping the Night King and he drops in one episode lol.

They spent YEARS redeeming Jamie and he does a 180 for his death scene.

Bran is an absolutely useless character. Hyped his 'powers' for a long time and there was no real payoff.

So many characters doing dumb things too. Cercei not killing Tyrion when he came and stood right below her gate, unguarded, made no sense for her character.

I agree, it's a "fun" show but it's no longer a well written show.

One thing to consider is that GRRM has always used randomness to kill his characters. He's stated that deaths are arbitrary at times on purpose. He also seems incapable of ending any arcs without killing the character.

Some have suggested that GRRM wrote himself into corners and is likely taking so long to finish because he has no clue how to actually do it. And I don't doubt that take. I don't think he has any clue how to write a satisfying ending, especially one that isn't just everyone dead. So it also wouldn't shock me if the 'material' he's given to help guide these last few seasons has been problematic itself.

Ya I mean it's still entertaining, but the writing is terrible. They spent YEARS hyping the Night King and he drops in one episode lol.

They spent YEARS redeeming Jamie and he does a 180 for his death scene.

Bran is an absolutely useless character. Hyped his 'powers' for a long time and there was no real payoff.

So many characters doing dumb things too. Cercei not killing Tyrion when he came and stood right below her gate, unguarded, made no sense for her character.

I agree, it's a "fun" show but it's no longer a well written show.

One thing to consider is that GRRM has always used randomness to kill his characters. He's stated that deaths are arbitrary at times on purpose. He also seems incapable of ending any arcs without killing the character.

Some have suggested that GRRM wrote himself into corners and is likely taking so long to finish because he has no clue how to actually do it. And I don't doubt that take. I don't think he has any clue how to write a satisfying ending, especially one that isn't just everyone dead. So it also wouldn't shock me if the 'material' he's given to help guide these last few seasons has been problematic itself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HRginmFRTX8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HRginmFRTX8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice!!!! wuv

So I had a theory I sent to my wife on Tuesday and now it is floating around the internet with someone else thinking the same thing.

What if Bran warged into Drogon? Dany was staring a death hole through the Red Keep like she was heading to destroy it and C**tface. They never show Dany again after Drogon takes off. Could it be that she had no intention of destroying all of King's Landing and killing all of the innocent people?

This is all unlikely as I'm sure the writers would prefer to keep Bran the completely useless and pointless character that he is.

Perfect song.

So I had a theory I sent to my wife on Tuesday and now it is floating around the internet with someone else thinking the same thing.

What if Bran warged into Drogon? Dany was staring a death hole through the Red Keep like she was heading to destroy it and C**tface. They never show Dany again after Drogon takes off. Could it be that she had no intention of destroying all of King's Landing and killing all of the innocent people?

This is all unlikely as I'm sure the writers would prefer to keep Bran the completely useless and pointless character that he is.

I can't see that happening. Dany is a Targaryen. She wanted to see everything burn. I do think Bran could still play a role in the ending of this whole thing. Maybe he wargs into Drogon and eats Dany. Now that would be awesome. ROFL

Well, this would jive with the rumor that Bran is actually the new Night King. Maybe Bran wins the throne and rules Westeros as the Night King 2.0

Well, this would jive with the rumor that Bran is actually the new Night King. Maybe Bran wins the throne and rules Westeros as the Night King 2.0

He's definitely not the Night King. I think the possibility of turning evil from the Night King's touch is there.

He didn't completely turn him when he touched him, or his eyes would be blue, but it may have been enough to turn him evil.

I still don't see anything happening with Bran. There's little time left and I actually think he'll remain useless.

What I find frustrating is if these last 2 seasons were 10 episodes each instead of 7 and 6 they could have done justice to the story.

There is a "let's get this over with" feel to the production since Dany finally made it to Westeros.

We were stuck in Meereen forever, but we blasted through the more important parts of the story at warp speed. It's not the writers fault, D&D set the schedule.

For all the folks who want to insist that Benioff and Weiss are losers who took the pure, brilliant vison of GRR Martin (the NY Giants and Jets fan that hates Belichick) and completely fucked it up with ludicrous plot lines, I'd like to suggest that those people actually read the books that spawned the whole thing.

It is very clear that these guys are getting hammered from all corners for rushing it, being hack writers who can't follow a plot line, etc., etc. It's so bad out there that their careers will always be tainted for screwing up a sure thing. Everybody hates everything as their binkie goes into it's final death spiral this coming Sunday and I can sense that, no matter what happens, the critics will be merciless.

While I'm not thrilled with all of the developments of the show, and think some of the criticism is justified, I'd like to mention that the trendy and wide-held belief that Martin would never have allowed this thing to degenerate into a muddled mess of illogical bullshit is a bit short of perspective since the vast majority of people deifying the fat troll with a dragon-sized case of writer's block haven't actually READ the fucking books the show is based on.

If you want to tell me that the first 3 books are brilliant then I won't argue with you, but book 4, A Feast for Crows, displayed the "genius" Martin fiddling and diddling over non-existent ideas much like Stephen King has ever since he got paid by the word. About 25 years of bullshit.

AFFC completely sucked IMO, and left the HBO franchise dangling in the breeze without a QB to bring it home and I, for one, enjoyed seeing some actual action take place that was a little more visceral than 65 pages of a drunken, captive Tyrion Lannister bemoaning his existence. And nobody can deny that the last two seasons have had far more action and a lot less pointless meandering than we might have gotten had Martin been allowed to be the Eli Manning of this giant enterprise.

I think that right at this moment folks are afraid to suggest that anything that happens is even moderately adequate. It's a landslide of vitriol that is way out of control, IMO. A pop culture phenomenon of totally flaming a pop culture phenomenon mainly because it's the best fucking show in the history of TV and we might never see it's equal.

Could Denioff and Weiss have done a better job bringing it home? No argument. Yes and hell yes, but please spare me from any suggestion that George Martin is the perfect wonderboy who got fucked over here.

I hope that while D and W are sipping cocktails and hiding with their wives on an island somewhere off the grid while the finale runs that people find a reason or two to appreciate that they had a very tough job to pull off and they aren't the sole reason that everybody is pissed off right now.

The fat troll Martin deserves a heaping slice of the blame pie for losing his fastball when the GOT team, meaning most the civilized world, needed him.

He CHOKED. Pure and simple.

Back