Wow, Just Installed Firefox...

Den-in-NH

Happy For Tom
Reaction score
Much better browser than IE.

Should have done this awhile ago.

I'm impressed.

...just sayin'.

I actually had to downgrade my works FF to 12 from 13 to get it to work correctly. Chrome won't work on my work computer either.

I use FireFox, but I still keep IE around. Every once in a while, I encounter a site that doesn't work correctly in FF. Was trying to book a hotel room the other day, and the date selections kept getting screwed up. Fired up IE, and they worked with no problem.

dropKickMurphy said:
I use FireFox, but I still keep IE around. Every once in a while, I encounter a site that doesn't work correctly in FF. Was trying to book a hotel room the other day, and the date selections kept getting screwed up. Fired up IE, and they worked with no problem.

I get that a lot with the state websites that I need at work so I use IE at work a lot but prefer FF

Den's going to be really impressed when he finds out about this new fangled thing we call "the wheel."

:eek:

Next, dude, you need to get yourself one of these bad boys :rockon:

first-cell-phones.jpg

Also, I know you've seen this stuff before...

mid-Feu-de-paille-couverture.ogg.jpg

Fire, right? Yeah. You see it often because of stuff like this:

lightning2.jpg

Now, I know how tough it is having to wait for lightning to hit stuff and start a fire so you can cook food. Anyway, here's the awesome part:

Used to be, you'd need some of these, and it was a time-consuming process.

flint.jpg

Luckily, there's this new thing out. Easy to use. Fast, even.

box_of_50_waterproof_matches__64968.jpg

They're ****ing awesome!

ROFL you guys are pretty good. Didn't realize how out of it I was - I really don't like computers that much and prefer to stick with what I know (I still use Works as my word proccessor although I've been told I should update that too..)

I am glad to have given you guys a good laugh though. And I really do like this Firefox. :thumb:

:shrug:

I've used IE, FF and Chrome and depending on the version (i.e., OS) and connection speed there may or may not be a difference.

I have W7 and a fast connection at home and IE9 performs as well as any other browser.

At work we have a pathetic network and I have FF and IE7 on an XP machine. Yeah I know IE7 :shake: Well our IT department is horrible.

In that environment FF seems faster, but that's probably got more to do with the fact that FF is the latest version and IE is version 7.

One of the things that makes me go :spock: is that you can't get the Google tool bar for Chrome.

I find that a handy tool and I have no idea why Google wouldn't let you install it in their own browser.

:shrug:

I've used IE, FF and Chrome and depending on the version (i.e., OS) and connection speed there may or may not be a difference.

I have W7 and a fast connection at home and IE9 performs as well as any other browser.

At work we have a pathetic network and I have FF and IE7 on an XP machine. Yeah I know IE7 :shake: Well our IT department is horrible.

In that environment FF seems faster, but that's probably got more to do with the fact that FF is the latest version and IE is version 7.

One of the things that makes me go :spock: is that you can't get the Google tool bar for Chrome.

I find that a handy tool and I have no idea why Google wouldn't let you install it in their own browser.

I don't know about all that, I'm just happy because I now get significantly less "error on page" occurences than I used to with Explorer.

I've been playing with Opera 11 a little bit lately. Used to run opera way back in the early 2000's or so. It's gotten bigger (used to be a very compact thing IIRC) and better and am thinking about defaulting to it.

Cheers, BostonTim

Back